Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something I won't take for granted again... Just wanted to share... :)

Something I won't take for granted again... Just wanted to share... :)

I rediscovered how lucky I am to be a woman today.

This morning, it was very cold outside, but all of my warm dresses were over at my friend's house because I am moving in with her for a few months. I did not expect it to be so cold when I planned my outfits for the week.

But I woke up, shaved my legs, arms, armpits... put on the thickest of the three dresses I had left hanging in my closet. A nice gray Patagonia number that's interestingly and intentionally much longer in the front and back than it is on the sides. It's got a very wide belt of the same material as the dress. A scoopneck on a string that ties in the back, sleeveless.

I have a very nice floor length wool coat. It's lined in satin. It's grey and has faux fur on the cuffs and edges of the ample hood. It's much longer than the dress.

Cold as it was, though, at around 10am, I bugged my best coworker to go take a walk with me outside in the cold. I had gotten used to not having to sit at a desk all day over the holiday. So we went outside and the cold air immediately cooled the lining of the coat.

As we walked, she talked but all I could think about was how nice it was to feel the cold satin and the warm cotton contrasting in sensation on my bare, shaved legs. Not for the first time in my life, I realized that this is a sensation that most men would never feel, and I focused on the feelings, and cherished them, knowing that this is something sacred and rare to some people, and that most women take it and many other things for granted. I won't again.

Just wanted to share.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing. I am new and not to that point yet, but I can see it coming and look forward to the woman feeling you describe. Just not sure I have the balls to do the shaving. Just need to get the femme strength screwed up, something no man could ever match. It s wonderful tht forum members like you feel so comfortable relating thoughts like this.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I think you have touched on what makes a CD'er do what we do. As you say "most" men will never feel those feelings but a CD'er knows how good it feels. I underdress every day and the feel of a bra caressing my breasts, the feel of nylons on my legs under my jeans and my shoulder length hair are a sensation beyond description.
    Danielle

Beautiful story and the outfit sounds stunning. The monotony of life threatens to dull our senses, nothing that a pair of freshly shaved legs and a cool breeze won't cure.

Im not Alicia Sliverstone Clueless's Avatar
    I got a little taste of something like that during Halloween on my freshly waxed chest/armpits, shaved/naired upper arms & back. Very tasty & I want more!

How wonderful to know there are still ladies out there that know and appreciate the sensual touch to the skin and will go out of their way to experience it. I may not be a gg, but I most certainly know the feeling and it's like heaven to me. Just finished epilating and 'oh, what a feeling'. The attire you chose sounds wonderful and feminine.
    Last edited by jillleanne; 11-29-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: spelling

She gets it! feeling those things are what we talk about a lot around here, and we want to have those feelings too!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

My dear lady, I love you, as Tina said you get it. Most cder's never want to become a woman, but we want to enjoy both worlds or what we can of yours and your post describes one of the many feelings we enjoy as crossdressers. May your world be filled with joy and happiness. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Thanks for sharing your story. I think many GGs take their femininity for granted, so much so that they don't take the time to enjoy the things that make them feminine, (and I'm not referring to body parts). As crossdressers we have to practice most things that come natural to a female like walking, mannerisms/gestures, sitting with legs closed or properly crossed, speech and general appearance. Many GGs think nothing of a skirt swishing against freshly shaved legs or the click of heels on a wooden floor, but for me it's an enjoyment beyond description.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Nothing like clean pair of jeans and freshly shaved legs...

Oh what a feeling it is! I enjoy shaved legs and the cool breeze blowing my dress! Thank you for reminding me of the great feeling! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Kim L of S. Texas Kimberly Long's Avatar
    Oh how wonderful the softer side of life is. I know just what your talking about ever after many years I still enjoy my feminine side of life.
    Love Kimberly

A G.G. that is not after our blood, and agrees with us on the pleasure of dressing!

You’re a diamond girl.

SUZY

If only there were more women like you...who realized it's not exactly sexual, but rather sensual that us crossdressers do it regularly.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

What it essentially amounts to is basically just being a person but mostly just being yourself Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sounds like you know CDs almost too well..........

"Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post

I believe I am the first she has known, although I am not positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post

I dunno. I don't think it's just CDs. I like being able to relate to any group that I can because it makes me feel connected and feeling connected is probably the most amazing thing in the universe. Buuuuut.... I do have a real soft spot for CDs. Lisia is the first one I've ever dated and known it... But I am wondering now.

My eyes have been opened in so many ways since we've been talking about it. I will eventually post about some of them...

Closerthanthisgg, you rock! Your post makes me think of a thread started by an anonymous gg that asked us of we know what it is to be a woman. This exact feeling you describe is something us CDs write about in threads at least 10 times a week, at yet this exact type of thread is what the gg thought made us jaded or appear to have our head in the clouds. And yet here you are, a gg, describing a feeling that we CDs like to think help connects us to women, and you yourself think this is a feeling a woman should not take for granted. Amy Lynn3 said she loves you, I think we all do! Lisa, you absolutely have to keep this one, otherwise every other girl on this site is going after her.

One quick question of I may? Since you didn't have any warmer dresses, why didn't you wear a pair of pantyhose or tights to help keep your legs warm? And if you had, would that have counteracted the feeling you felt?

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa333 View Post
    One quick question of I may? Since you didn't have any warmer dresses, why didn't you wear a pair of pantyhose or tights to help keep your legs warm? And if you had, would that have counteracted the feeling you felt?
    Thanks, Marissa!!

I had already moved every last bit of my clothing except for the three full outfits I had picked out for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and since I didn't know it would be cold, the outfits didn't include hosiery unfortunately. The coat I had grabbed when I was taking a truck full of belongings over to my friends because it wasn't in a box and because my other friend that was helping me move said it was going to be cold and he knew I didn't have a coat at the old apartment.

So I was limited to only what I needed. But... the hosiery would definitely have counteracted the feeling of the cold satin and the warm cotton mixed with the smoothness of the skin. But I'm betting real silk stockings in the mix would have been a worthwhile alternative. I really love wearing an all silk outfit. from the underwear and hosiery to the slip and the dress and the jacket. Silk hose have a very unique feel. No other stocking is anything quite like it. But I'm glad I didn't think to dig through any boxes to find them though... Because otherwise, I probably never would have had a reason for this post.

I think most GG's take the clothing, makeup etc. for granted because it is part of being a girl. It's so refreshing to see CloserThanThis reflecting on what most CDers enjoy when dressing up. It's the whole experience that is new and exciting to us. Feeling sexy is new to us too, that might sound strange to a GG.

Quote Originally Posted by CloserthanthisGG View Post
    the hosiery would definitely have counteracted the feeling of the cold satin and the warm cotton mixed with the smoothness of the skin.
    Which is exactly why I asked. I was afraid the one minor twist in the days events could have ruined the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CloserthanthisGG View Post
    I really love wearing an all silk outfit. from the underwear and hosiery to the slip and the dress and the jacket. Silk hose have a very unique feel. No other stocking is anything quite like it.
    I did that once, and it was heaven. I will never forget the first time I wore silk stockings on shaved legs. Probably the best feeling ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Steps View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I am new and not to that point yet, but I can see it coming and look forward to the woman feeling you describe. Just not sure I have the balls to do the shaving. Just need to get the femme strength screwed up, something no man could ever match. It s wonderful tht forum members like you feel so comfortable relating thoughts like this.

Babes
    I agree with this, as I am in the same place.. Good share!

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

This is too funny.
    If you think you are fooling any REAL GGs , THINK AGAIN.

For the rest of you , I have a bridge for sale......

Presh GG [ The REAL KIND ]

Quote Originally Posted by Presh GG View Post
    This is too funny.
    If you think you are fooling any REAL GGs , THINK AGAIN.

For the rest of you , I have a bridge for sale......

Presh GG [ The REAL KIND ]
    Oh Jesus, here we go. What do you want, a VIDEO? My GF does at times seem too good to be true to me as well, but she does exist. haha I checked last time I saw her, poked her with my finger...yep, solid matter.
    Last edited by Lisia; 12-01-2011 at 02:50 PM.