Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knowing too much about feminine items..

Knowing too much about feminine items..

Most males who have never cross-dressed or even looked into womens attire, makeup, etc. And know absolutely nothing about the subject. Which is normal.

So since all of us here know alot more than an average man about the complexities of a woman's world, My question to all of you is this; have you ever been out in "male mode" and without thinking, said something that made your friends look at you funny? Or perhaps had to hold your tongue because you didn't want people to know how informed you are about the subject?

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

We were playing "Logo" a board game with the family over the holiday and I got all the questions on fem products (hair color... panty hose, clothing lines....) That my daughter missed... My wife kept saying "you would now that". Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I was on a cruise and got involved in a battle of the sexes game on stage in front of an audience. The guys had to name the top 5 cosmetics companies. I seemed to be the biggest contributor to our team getting it correct.

Great stories ladies.. I guess I forgot to tell my story... DOH!!

Anyway, it was actually today, 11-29-2011. I was at a restaurant with a couple of my freinds, and one of them mentioned that he feels funny when his girlfriend wears heels, because they are the same height when she's in flats and towers over him when she has heels. So we talk about that further, and my other friend asks him what size the heels were. His answer was that he didn't know, but he gazed around the room and saw what he thought was a similar size to the one his girlfriend wore. And without thinking, I said "oh, those are probably 5 inch heels, and they look really nice.. I think they're Jimmy Choo's."

So immediately I realize I was thinking out loud, and tried to save face by saying my girl has a pair like that which is why I know. They poked fun at me, and I just kinda went with the flow. I definitely was not ready to tell them the truth, but I felt bad that I kept denying it when they were dissing me about it. But, I didn't get too emotional about it. It was kinda funny actually.
    Last edited by Melody1985; 11-29-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Now and then I get in that situation...but it's easy for me. I just say...hey, I've been married 36yrs...I better have learned something by now.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have given my SO bra info a few times.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Recently my ex came for a visit and she told me how nice my makeup looked and were you doing something different. I explained that I had started using Smashbox Photo primer and not only does my makeup look better but I am using less, so when she left the primer was in her makeup bag and she told me now you have a reason to dress and go down to Ulta to buy some more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

At a table of twenty dinner conversation came to a halt over Thanksgiving when I interjected my opinion between two women debating who makes the best makeup primer saying that the best thing to use was Monistat Chafing Powder. You remember that scene from Shrek2 when he swallowed the spoon when questioned about having children? That was my father at Thanksgiving.

I've never said anything that got me looks, yet. But if I did, I can claim extra knowledge from having several sisters.

Melody, i don't think i have but i would just say after having three daughters and a wife, in rural area of the state, you better know what your doing when purchasing female items. and it also help to have awedding ring on.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    People always ask me how I know so much about hard-to-find bra sizes and high heeled shoes. I give women shoe advice, all the time, whenever I hear them lamenting about uncomfortable or unstable heels. They will sometimes question my expertise. Since I am not closeted, I always tell them the truth. More than anything, it confuses me that they question it, as I am almost always wearing a skirt. Guess a man in a skirt doesn't stand out as much as I think.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Funny looks when out with my friends: well, my friends in our city are mostly crossdressers and transsexuals or people who have been involved with the CD community, so although from time to time something I say might strike them as odd but then they remember.

My SO expresses more puzzlement, not around the idea that I might know something about "women's world", but rather that I know as much as I do in some areas. As in why did I bother to learn so much on the topic? (Usually it is some topic that I never "studied": I'm an information sponge on matters that interest me.)

A more common situation is for me to overhear someone (a stranger) asking a question, either to a sales assistant or to someone they are with, and without thinking about what I am doing, I go ahead and answer. Especially if the people are making non-trivial mistakes in the discussion.

I was in a lunch break room and a younger girl was telling me she lost a bet with her dad (about Nascar, very tomboyish) and that was why she was wearing a skirt, boots and hose with a nice top! Kind of ironic at the time and given my wanting to crossdress at work, heehee! Anyway, I was talking with her and had to ask that she keep her legs together as they were showing a bit much and we started discussing deportment and then I noticed she had the start of a run in her hose. Well naturally I told her to get some clear nail polish to stop the run! At that point she looked at me and said DUDE! I am the girl here and I didn't even know that! Looking at me in a much more suspicious way! Well I said after you have been married for long enough, even guys can pick up on things! Really thinking I need to not offer so much!

Oh... what tangled webs we weave!

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Even though my wife knows I am a CDer she still likes it when I don't use my feminine knowledge-even when we're alone.

When I was younger I worked as a cashier/salesperson at a small mom-and-pop store. The night shift was mostly other people my age, but there was only two other guys and about 5 or 6 different girls. Any given night there would be 3 of us so it was pretty common that I'd be the only guy.

Anyway, one night I was trying to put a large item a customer bought in a plastic bag when the one girl me told me to scrunch it up like pantyhose! I had to keep my tongue in my cheek and play dumb (plus I didn't mind having her show me :P). It was really funny though.

Along with that there's been plenty of times where I was in a conversation with a girl and I had to pretend I didn't know anything about girls clothes (again, I never mind having them tell me about it :P).

I have a GG friend that is a wonderful fun loving girl. [Sexy too]

I have spent time with her and some of her girly friends and just joined in the conversation.

The one obvious thing I have noticed is how close our friendship has got. [Just platonic as she is happily marred to a great man who is also a friend]

If I am ever asked why I am so interested in make-up or clothes I will just say I am a red blooded male that loves women.

SUZY

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Now and then I get in that situation...but it's easy for me. I just say...hey, I've been married 36yrs...I better have learned something by now.
    That works for me too.....29 years here!

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    One night not too long ago, I pointed out to a friend that I couldn't believe how many girls were on line outside a club wearing 6" Louboutins. "Why do you even KNOW that?" he asked. "The red soles. I LOVE girls in heels (truth), so I sometimes notice these things..."

Banned Read only
    Funny looks? I've had a million of them. Before transition and SRS, I was always getting in a jam because of my "female knowledge". The last time I can remember was in a noisy straight club. A few of the girls and I were talking about how to do the smokey eye look. Smokey eyes are not new by the way, they have been around a long time. Anyway, the club was quite loud and noisy and I had to talk loud to be heard. I was also in drab mode that day.

Suddenly, the club got deathly quiet. You could hear a pin drop. My loud voice boomed out across the room like I had a microphone in hand. Everyone was looking at me strangely. I stood up putting my hands on my hips (fingers back thumb forward) thrust my left hip to one side and said, "What? A girl just knows these things". A roar of laughter went up and the music started again. Ain't life great!

If people are not looking at you strangely, you are not living properly!
    Last edited by Jorja; 11-30-2011 at 07:43 AM.

I have to watch what I say around my wife when she talks about bras or other feminine subjects. I don't think it's ever come up outside the two of us.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

When i was with my ex i bought her a casual dress, her and all her girl friends were amazed that id picked it, it wasn't plain so not a safe pick, was quite bold in style, a real risk but i knew it would suit her shape and style. Best thing she ever wore xx

Also I slipped out a comment about makeup and eyebrow shapeing at work when stood with a couple of girls chatting about said subject, you should've seen the looks i got, and then a short silence, and then "actually he's right that would work for you" xx

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I say the exact same thing, but I've been married over 40 years. Of course I am a slow learner!
    Dana Fleming

Like Cheryl and insearchofme, I also just use the old, if you have been married as long as I have, you should know something about it. Not sure they bought it, since most of them had been married as long as I have.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Yes I have. I have outed myself a few times to woman as we talked about her clothes or make up and they are very surprised how much I new. But to me it is not so bad as more and more friends are finding out about my cross dressing and have been very excepting of it.

Yes, yes. I have found mysel;f in that situation a few times.

I have also found myself in a situation where my wife and a friend were discussing our daughters and their understanding of control of the kegal muscle (had to do with - oh never mind). Well, I understood everything they said and they realized it. That's when the conversation shifted to our daughters breast size which expanded to their own bra size. And, then they both sized me up and asked me about my bra size. My wife's friend says "I think you are about a 42B. Is that about right?" "My wife says, yeah, I think he is about a 42B also."

I wasn't certain how to respond so I simply laughed and left the room.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!