Thread: Gay Bars - The place to go

HillaryArtemis

Gay Bars - The place to go

Oh, these days I have not been posting so much, because I have been going out so much. I will tell you that Gay Bars are the place to go. Not leather ones, but general ones. I have been frequenting them these todays. I just got back from one tonight. I love them. No one bugs you and you can dress as you wish (not too provacative too). I had so much fun tonight. God, I am so happy these days. These days I have been coming out to more people as a CD too -I guess that is why I am not here so much. Girls, go out and have fun.

JodiArtemis

Vallari (Goddess) ;)
    Sounds like a fun idea - I need to try that eventually. Ive been wanting to meet a guy lately anyway !
    Glad you had a good expierence.

Ive been told this is the thing to do... is gay bars.

I obviously haven't tried this method, since I haven't been out in this form as of yet. But I am certainly going to make it a top spot to go when I do get dressed and go out.

Getting there could be fun, but what the hell, you know?

hmm to look so good as to get felt up-s-
    i imagine that a lot, being a girl felt up

HillaryArtemis

Got hit on

Oh Erica last time I was in Toronto at a Gay Bar, when my wife land I left the bar and she went to get some gum at the corner store and I to the next bar, I had a guy chase me down the street and ask me for a drink several times. He was nice, but it took three Nos. This other guy gave me compliments all night like as my wife and I sat and talked to him and his friends during a drag show. The attention was flattering, but I realized that though I class myself as bi that I am mainly straight. I love some of those buitches. They arte really cool to watch. Those leather guys scare me though, I saw some of them in Toronto and headed the other way.

JodiArtemis

becky1
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Erica, you got felt-up in a gay bar, sounds like fun! Lol When I go to gay bars, the guys pretty much ignore me. Love Amelie
    Well that would probably be because you make a pretty stunning woman!
    Erm...lol

I have a stonewalls pretty close and have been umming and arhing about going. Although i havn't got the guts to step out of my front door yet as Becky so i figure it will be a while before i go there as Becky.

Also I am more into women at the moment ( maybe thats because i need some love right now ) and i just know that some of the cute guys with soft faces and gentle voices would get me pretty hot and there would be lots of fumbling etc and i am bound to come away from it all even more confused than i am at the moment.

Actually that sounded pretty lame, Hmm......

Maybe i should just go and have some fun

Amelie
    That's very kind Becky. Going out the first time is nerve-racking, but once you start they'll have to lock you in to stop you going out. You live in London, it should be like NY, I read of places to go in London. There's a book, comes out once a year called I think the tranny way out guide, which tells you places to go in UK. There is also a club in London called the Wat Out Club for CDs. It's mentioned in the book. I see pictures of CDs in the club and it looks like a diverse mix of CDs. When your ready you'll go out, it will be fun, try to go with a friend. A friend makes it easier, someone to talk to. So good luckon your adventures, we'll want to here all about it.

Love Amelie

PS-You are from east London, is that anywhere near Phil Mitchel, Ian, Dot, Pauline Fowler, And Alfie Moon. Just Wondering

becky1
    Hi Amelie

What a great name!, i was struggling
    Thanks for the tip on the book i will look it up.

I live in SE6 and i don't follow eastenders but i once drove past grant Mitchelles place in Basilden ( i think ) essex.

That is my plan for going out, ie make some friends, and eventually get out there. I want to get myself presentable first though and learn how to do my makeup properly etc. As for hair, well i am growing mine and apart from struggling with a good £15 worth of hair fastening products lol i may go to a good salon and ask them to do me a kinda switchable style - if there is such a thing,

Amelie
    Here's there web-Addy

www.wayout-publishing.com

Love Amelie

PS they also have links to CD services in the UK-Make-up, clothes, atc.
    Last edited by Amelie; 09-04-2004 at 02:38 PM.

becky1
    thanks babe

The first couple of times I dressed was for Skate night and Halloween. Other than that it was around the house. The following spring I was on a one week vacation and working on projects around the house. I had a burning desire to go out again but, with no holiday or special event, what was I to do? I had a live-in at the time but she was visiting family out of town. I decided to dress and go to a gay club. After all, no one there would know me.

I literally spent the whole afternoon getting ready. As you know, it is not easy getting rid of all of one's body hair and I really enjoy painting my nails. I left the house around 9:00, drove to the club and sat in my car.....for what seemed like forever although it was only about 10 or 15 minutes. I started to leave a couple of times but finally talked myself into getting out of the car. I felt so obvious walking up to the club. Went straight to the bar, ordered a drink and tried to hide in my seat. I was very self-conscious and I'm sure I did not look approachable.

The first drink might as well have been water even though the club I went to is notorious for their strong drinks. I ordered another and looked around. No one was bothering me. I walked around to see what was there and felt so proud of myself. I realized I didn't go out to stay by myself so I put some quarters on the pool table and waited for my game. Although I was nervous wondering what everyone was thinking, I concentrated on my pool game and trying not to bend over from the waist.

The guys at the table were more concerned about my pool playing abilities than the fact that I was cross dressed. It was not unusual to see guys dressed as girls there. I loosened up, played great pool and had a fabulous time flirting with the boys and ruling the table. I didn't leave until closing time. I've been going back to that and other clubs ever since.

bralover
    i dream about going to a club dressed up in a tight black low cut cleverage showing dress pantyhose heels having my make-up done just right and my hair fixed and someone coming up behind me and putting his hand on my ass and the other one on my breast someday it might happen

Gay bars are the absolute best!

I have been going out to gay clubs very often recently, and it is so much fun! It is completely laid back, no guilt trips.

In Portland we have a section in town where many of the girls (TG) hang out. In the center of it all is a very well known and accepted female impersonators stage show, called Darcel's, and right next door is the hottest gay club in town. CC's has about 90% gays, and 10% CD/TG. Some nights a lot more. There are girls that are post-op, pre-op, transgendered, cross-dressers, and confused! All having a ball.

There is a large dance floor with what I call thumper music (very LOUD), pool tables and a couple of bars in back. In front is a quiet bar/restuarant with booths; that's where all the socializing goes on, and where all the curious GG's go after the show next door (a favorite for pre-bridal girls-night-out parties). I've had more fun with them than anything else in my life (like the time I loaned my silicones to a very flat chested GG ... well, that's another story).

Anyway, find a gay bar or club and have a blast!

Sherry
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're right
    Henry Ford

Youthanasia
    I'd love to hit one en femme, however I don't know if the Eugene area has any.

I wonder what sort of reaction a mtf CD would get in a lesbian bar. I am certainly not about to try and find out firsthand!

San Francisco is so full of clubs and bars of all preferences, I am surprised that I have not been able to locate one for hetero CDs. But there are a lot of TG/TS places, I can try those when I am ready to go out (not just yet!).
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    I wonder what sort of reaction a mtf CD would get in a lesbian bar. I am certainly not about to try and find out firsthand!

San Francisco is so full of clubs and bars of all preferences, I am surprised that I have not been able to locate one for hetero CDs. But there are a lot of TG/TS places, I can try those when I am ready to go out (not just yet!).
    There is one lesbian bar/club in Portland, patterned after CC's only on a much smaller scale, and a bit out of the center of town. I've been there once, with a TG friend. It was after 11PM and the club was about half full. As we walked to the back bar, I was grabbed on the butt not once, but twice! The only time that has ever happened to me! Granted, it was dark in the bar, and many of the girls (and a few "guys") were well with the wind (saying drunk would be impolite).

I didn't see any MtF CD, but there were a few FtM TGs. Overall, we were very well accepted. There was a Karoake session going on in the back, and we spent most of our time there. My impression was that it was a very easy-going, homey atmosphere. I felt very comfortable there.

Sherry
    Henry Ford

Departed
    When Jacki and I first went out she suggested a gay bar. I was kind of creeped out by the thought because I didn't want to get hit on by gay men. Jacki assured me it would be okay so we went. What I found was a group of very nice people yopu could talk to easily. The manager of the first bar we went to treated me like a lady and my spirits soared when that happened! What an experience! And just for the record, he had no sexual interest in me at all. He was just a very special person.

This weekend Jacki suggested we try some different places so we are going to be heading north. I suggested on the return we hit a TG friendly lesbian bar. The last time I was there was over 10 years ago. I feel so much more comfortable with women than men even though the men I have met have been gentlemen (most!) Hopefully we make it there. It will be interesting to compare how we are received at a gay bar and how we're received at a lesbian bar.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Julie

This is a bit off topic, but it does talk about one of the things that happened over time to help Rick open his mind a bit to make room for Rachel.

(Background: If you are a heterosexual living in San Francisco, it isn't all that extraordinary to find yourself in a gay or lesbian bar from time to time for one reason or another.)

Once upon a time, I lived across the street from a gay bar. Since there was no other saloon within walking distance, there was an understanding with the management and the regulars that well-behaved straights from the neighborhood were welcome too. So, it was the local hangout as well.

It was there that I learned first hand about one of the things that women go through in life – learning how to deflect unwanted advances while remaining nice and polite and not making a scene.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by HillaryArtemis
    Oh, these days I have not been posting so much, because I have been going out so much. I will tell you that Gay Bars are the place to go. Not leather ones, but general ones. I have been frequenting them these todays. I just got back from one tonight. I love them. No one bugs you and you can dress as you wish (not too provacative too). I had so much fun tonight. God, I am so happy these days. These days I have been coming out to more people as a CD too -I guess that is why I am not here so much. Girls, go out and have fun.

JodiArtemis
    The Gay Bar to go to in Vancouver BC is at the Dufferin. My wife and I went last night to see the Drag Queen show. We know Mz. Adrian who puts on the show. A few of us including myself went dressed. Fabulous show. Here is my drag look.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You look great, Dina!

I went to a pageant 2 weeks ago, and it was great. I strongly suggest if anyone has the chance to go, take advantage of it. And by all means go dressed!! One of the few oppurtunities to really get all dolled up for an evening.

Gay bars come in all flavors, and I suppose there might be some leather or biker bars where we would not be welcome, but I haven't run across one yet. To be honest, I have yet to go into a straight bar ... I'd be much more nervous about that! But it would be worth it to see the look on some guys face when he comes up to hit on me and realizes his mistake

Sherry
    Henry Ford

HillaryArtemis

Out last night again

My wife and I went out last night and it was wonderful to Club 181 in London, Ontario. Great bar. There were about three other CDs and one Transsexual. I beat the transexual at pool. The only one I could beat all night. My wife and I danced the night away. Actually I was at first kind of creeped out about the attention that I got by gay men. Now I am just flattered by it. They touch my behind in a playful way or give me nice compliments. Women even stop to me to talk about clothes at these bars. I love going so much ... wish we were going again to night. But we didn't get into 3:00 am and not into bed until 4:00 am. Actually Gay Bars are really only place I want to go these days. They are public, generally very safe, open atmospheres, usually full of positive people having fun, and a place where you can get positive safe attention. Last night I wore a tight short black turtle neck and a plaid school girl skirt. The older men at the bar gave me so many compliments. I was happy to make them happy by giving them something pretty to look at it. The reason I haven't been posting so much here is kind these days being out and about is more fun. If you told me last year I would be doing what I am doing now - I would have said that you are crazy I am too ugly to do that. If anyone is visiting the London area, contact me and we can go out to Club 181 together on a Friday or Saturday.

JodiArtemis

Lesbian bars are accepting as well

While I go to several gay bars when dressed, the majority of the time I go to lesbian bars. I have a lot more lesbian friends that I run with than gay guys and the girls (both straight and lesbian) usually prefer the lesbian bars. Although I have a couple of girlfriends who love to hang around the gay bars because they have brothers or friends who are gay. Just be yourself and you shouldn't have any problems in either.

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar

The Egyption Club

Miss Sherry, I went to the Egyption Club in Portland (I live in Portland) some time ago myself, but I went with a Bi-Sexual lady friend of mine and I was not dress up. The atmosphere was quite nice. They used to have exotic dancers ther once a week. I wonder if they still do?

Anyone that plays 9-ball and likes to dress up, I'm sure would be welcome there.

Those butches play a mean 9-ball....

Quote Originally Posted by Felicity
    Miss Sherry, I went to the Egyption Club in Portland (I live in Portland) some time ago myself, but I went with a Bi-Sexual lady friend of mine and I was not dress up. The atmosphere was quite nice. They used to have exotic dancers ther once a week. I wonder if they still do?

Anyone that plays 9-ball and likes to dress up, I'm sure would be welcome there.

Those butches play a mean 9-ball....
    I didn't see any sign of dancers, although there certainly may be at other times (I think I was there on a Sat). I haven't been back since then, although I really would like to.

I recently went shopping with Samantha and we ran across a small cafe in St. Johns. It was rather New Age with lots of candles, etc, and I noticed several gay and gay sympathetic newspapers (the "underground" type) lying about. I struck up a conversation with the lady owner, and found, much to my delight, they have a small theater in back where they show Avant Gard (sp?) movies and have readings. As it turns out, most of the audience is gay. When I showed interest in attending, she absolutely bubbled that I just had to make one of the showings (of course, Sam and I were both dressed).

Girls, get out and explore!! Yes, it is nerve wracking, and a little threatening, and a lot intimidating ... but just do it!! Go with a friend if at all possible (drop into a TG friendly bar ... in drab if you must ... and talk to the girls; I'm sure you'll find one that would love to go shopping and exploring with you), relax, and let yourself go.

I've been "out" for over a year, and have never had a really bad experience. Occasionally I've been snickered at, and I did have one person make a remark, although not at all threatening, but overall it has been an amazing experience. And it's not that I look that passable ... I have my days ... but more that I try to look mainstream. I do get many looks from men (and a few women), but I choose to think that's the look any woman gets

If you're ever in Portland, check out CC's or the Egyptian ... I'll be the one in the short skirt having a ball!

Sherry
    Henry Ford