Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for CDers: What would you choose??

I started wearing pantyhose when I was 12. My mother actually came into my bedroom without knocking and saw me in them but didn't make a big deal about it. Come from a very traditional household but probably would've pursued dressing more as I got older. In my early 20's (46 now), I started getting a skirt here, top there but never went out of the house until I was closer to 30 but felt pretty comfortable doing so. Been going with it ever since. No interest in HRT and don't really have an interest in guys, though wonder sometimes what it would be like to be flirtatious with another CD. Happy being Teresa in her present form though. Unfortunately have a wife that HATES Teresa so my girl time is limited.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I began dressing at about age 50.

Altho I didn't have it as difficult as some of my friends did at home, I CAN'T IMAGE trying to deal with gender confusion issues in my teens and early 20's! Just dealing with school, girlfriends, parents, my business, and Viet Nam were more than I could handle at that time!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I started at the age of 14 and, if I could go back and change things, I probably would have kept it hidden until my college years to which I would have embraced myself as a part time cross dresser and not judge myself (I would probably have enjoyed it more back then too because I had a better shaped body and looked believable too). I think I would have also told my wife (when we were dating) instead of having her find out by stumbling upon my stash of clothes. Overall, I think I would have held off on publicly acknowledging it until I was in college but I would have embraced it earlier then at my age now which is 34.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    I started dressing at around 11 and I couldn't ever envisage coming out about it.it was such a struggle in my teens because I was totally confused as to what I was.i was fighting the the confusion of fancying the boys in my class instead of the girls at the same time so my head was all over the place

Aspiring Member
    I first started experimenting with crossdressing over 35 years ago and always thought I was weird or a pervert because I felt good doing it. Feeling that way, I kept it to myself and didn't even come out to my wife until after 18 years together.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have made CDing a larger part of my life a long time ago. I probably would have told my wife shortly after we met. But alas, those were in the pre-internet days, when the wealth of information that is available today was not readily accessible.

With 20/20 hindsight, I think I would have done a lot of things differently in my life including being more open and embracing crossdressing. I strongly suspect I would have explored HRT and some degree of transition such that my physical characteristics would be more aligned with how I feel inside.

Related, but slightly off topic, I also wish I had accepted, embraced, and been more open about my own sexuality. I find that to be more difficult to be "out" about at this time of life than being a CD.

I look forward to the day when being "out" about anything is not an issue for anyone!
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Since I also started dressing late in life, going back would have no effect. I can think of nothing from my childhood or early life that would indicate a desire to dress and I was very comfortable with the male role I had. Later in life, maybe in my late 40's or early 50's I would have been more receptive to dressing, but had no overt inkling thatI would become a dresser.

Aspiring Member
    I am now in my mid fifties and I started stealing my sisters stocking when I was six, always got caught and a talking to by my father that only girls wore stockings and boys wore socks.
    By the time I was thirteen they felt safe enough to leave home alone for short times but I would still go into my sisters room and wear her things or in the summer I would go down in the basement and try on their swim suits.
    I finally confess to one of my sisters in my late teens that I enjoy wearing feminine attire, it didn't go over too well.
    I started to purchase my own a woman's attire and kept it hidden but I'm sure they all suspected something was going on.
    I thought once I got married it would all stop, it didn't confess to my wife that I enjoy wearing woman's attire again that didn't go well. Now divorced and let one or two of the females that I had dated about wanting to dress as a woman again now single and I dress when I want to now and my woman wardrobe is probably double if not triple what my drab attire is.
    If the INTERNET was here ten or fifteen years ago I may have went for the hormones, I'm sure my life would be different than it is now.

French girly one !
    If I had to go back.. I should say "not really", because I come from a strict family. I used to steal some underwear and clothes my sister didn't use anymore. But my mother discover that and since that time I stopped crossdressing. If i don't consider this "environment" I would start sooner and enjoy all the pleasure it brings.

Q1. count me in on that one. HRT - yes please..
    Q2. Ah... hello !?

<humor>
    By now I would have been married to my Prince without a prenup and taken half his money.
    </humor>

[SIZE="1"]
    EDIT: (after MODS edited this post to remove OP quotes) I kinda take offense to being edited in this way. I felt the OP was loosing focus. My opinion and should have an equal right to be a participant in this way. IMHO[/SIZE]
    Last edited by *Vanessa*; 12-01-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Superceded by an obligation

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Way way back when i was 8, 57 years ago, I had no way of knowing the term cross dressing existed. I did something I felt was supposed to be done, and felt that I was alone, and doing freaky things. If I could have known then what I know now, I would still be a cross dresser. I like my male side, I think he has developed into a really good guy. I like my femme side and the manner I can use to express her. She will be a great lady if I am allowed to finish,

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Aspiring Member
    I was about 12 when I discovered that I liked to dress in my sister's and mother's clothes. Thought I was the only one who was like this and didn't know what to do. Then I read a column in the paper about transvestites, and discovered that I was not the only one. No internet then but at least I knew I wasn't the only one. Still hid it but at least I was more comfortable about what I was doing. Not interested in HRT, just like to wear women't clothes some times.

I started crossdressing before 10, so I can't give you an answer about that. And I never considered HRT, so the answer is no to that one.

But... if it were possible to change gender, not a transition, a real change like being born again as a female, I may think about that option and try my life again from the other side.

I started dressing in my early teens. I have always been comfortable with my male side so my answer is no I wouldn't go back to do anything. Billie Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Melody1985 View Post
    Most of us CDers are very comfortable with our male selves. I have seen this said quite a few times in the short time that I have been here. I am also among those who feel that way.

Now I know we have a lot of "mature" members on this site, so I want all of you to just imagine that the advanced knowledge, therapy, and to some degree acceptance was around when you were very young.. With that said, here's the question:
    -----------------------------
    If you could go back to the age of 10, with the understanding that this feminine side of you was very important to your life, who would consider starting HRT or crossdressing a lot sooner (for those who weren't already doing it at that age)

If you think you would have done either, say which one (HRT or CD) and explain. If you would prefer it to play out the way it did, maybe explain that too.

I just started very recently myself.. So personally, if I could go back to that age, I think I would have started crossdressing then.. My gut feeling is that I would NOT want to start transitioning by taking hormones, but maybe if I had started then and fast forward to the present, I may have.. But I would still be straight!! There's just no attraction to guys for me.. Not that theres anything wrong with that at all.

Thanks for your input!!
    I repressed my crossdressing in High School because I thought I was gay and in college for the same reason.
    It took me a while to understand that it does not make me gay nor does it have to be sexual only (though I do enjoy the sexual side of it! ;-)

I would go back and sit down with myself and say, enjoy it! Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnsheila View Post
    I started at the age of 14 and, if I could go back and change things, I probably would have kept it hidden until my college years to which I would have embraced myself as a part time cross dresser and not judge myself (I would probably have enjoyed it more back then too because I had a better shaped body and looked believable too). I think I would have also told my wife (when we were dating) instead of having her find out by stumbling upon my stash of clothes. Overall, I think I would have held off on publicly acknowledging it until I was in college but I would have embraced it earlier then at my age now which is 34.
    I can relate a lot to that!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I started crossdressing at age 6 by wearing my older sisters panties. As I got older so did my dressing progress, except for the time I spent in the military. I had natural 36 B breast at age 9, and started wearing a bra under a doctors orders so I would not have any sagging! My breasts now are 40 B's and I do wear a bra every day, even if I am otherwise in drab! I do love to wear feminine clothes, but have no desire to actually be a woman! Never have had, and never will!! BTW, I am now 79!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

If I had known at age 10 what I know now, I would certainly be drawn to the possibility of transitioning. I remember spending many hours dreaming of what it would be likeliving as a girl.

Yeah....I must say I day dreamed a lot about that also. But, don't think I'd ever do that...
    Stephenie Smiles

If I knew then what I know now, I would have chosen HRT and full transition. It would have saved me from a lot of grief, anguish, and confusion. IF I could've had it my way, I wouldn't need to crossdress today, I would simply dress...

If it wan't the early 1970's, I would have wanted my family to embrace my love of wearing my mom's or grandma's (anyone in my family's clothes) and in my early teens sending me to a therapist that would have diagnosed GID and not said, "he is normal but unhappy". They would have started me on hrt around the time of puberty and I would have had the life I was supposed to have considering the gender I was when i was born. I would have had srs fairly young too.

At age 10, I was definitely wearing my mom's and other relatives' clothes, lingerie, shoes and makeup from time to time, but I lacked introspection -- I didn't especially think about it leading anywhere and, in fact, it was a much smaller deal in my life then than it is now. I don't think there's any way I could have even formed a coherent thought about pursuing any kind of lifelong transition then. By the time I graduated high school, perhaps ... but I was too engrossed in my studies, career ambitions and being with my family then to devote much thought to it either. It was only after achieving a certain level of maturity, stability and independence in my life that the possibility started to occur to me as realistic.

It may be interesting to think about, but even professional gender counselors are hesitant to prescribe anything permanent for children in that age group except in truly exceptional cases.

- Diane

Definately, with the information at hand today if i had that then i would of transitioned.
    Ginger

Banned Read only
    I will admit several things. One, I almost never feel safe, and since I feel that I can fight better as a male, my knee jerk answer to the question is that I wouldn't change anything.

On the other hand, my GG cousin Brianna can probably kick most guy's butts pretty easily... 10+ years of tae kwon do and I think... karate?, maybe jujitsu, definitely helped there. So, that makes me feel a bit more comfortable about going back in time.

Plus I also strongly wonder if my family and such would have been more okay with it when/if I was a younger age. Since my life from about 5-12ish was far and away one of the most quiet times in my life (no bad things happening), stuff might have been easier. So yes, I would go back in time to age 10 and started not only CD'ing, but possibly HRT, under the condition that I have a second chance to go back in time to return it to normal if bad stuff happened.

Aspiring Member
    If I was ten years old in 2011 instead of 38, with the information and support and culture that is now instead of 1983, I would have tried to get my parents to take me to a therapist. I may have started HRT earlier, but I suspect that even though there is some GID, I would have not completed transition and would have remained a CD, maybe with a better awareness of my self and the chance to take advantage of opportunities as a teenager and 20something instead of a late 30something
    —Mikaela