Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hormones for cross dressers?

BarbaraJo said, "BTW I wiil just add for the uninformed that all the "********" you see on the net that sill maintain an erection are feminized through various surgeries not via hormones."

And photshop/airbrush...
    [SIZE="3"]*PinK*[/SIZE] Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the *present*

I would think that any crossdresser that would want hormones would at least be transgendered ( to the minimium where they at least need to be female on some level). But I'm not expert. Perhaps there are cases of Crossdressors that use them. But usually crossdressors are just men that like to dress for whatever reason.

But whatever the case always consult a therapist and ultimately a doctor. Taking Hormones without this type of help will only lead to serious medical and emotional problems. From what I hear its not an easy transition. And if you really don't want them, they could really do a number on you emotionally. So consult with a therapist you feel comfortable with before doing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by DressyJenny View Post
    I would think that any crossdresser that would want hormones would at least be transgendered ( to the minimium where they at least need to be female on some level). But I'm not expert. Perhaps there are cases of Crossdressors that use them. But usually crossdressors are just men that like to dress for whatever reason.

But whatever the case always consult a therapist and ultimately a doctor. Taking Hormones without this type of help will only lead to serious medical and emotional problems. From what I hear its not an easy transition. And if you really don't want them, they could really do a number on you emotionally. So consult with a therapist you feel comfortable with before doing anything else.
    I understand what you are saying here.. but for clarification only, I will say cross-dressers fit into the umbrella of "transgender." Those who want to be female on some level are transsexuals.. Crossdressers and transvestites are those who want to keep their male selves.. and the difference historically with them is that tranvsestites were thought of more to be gay men in "drag," and when straight men started to come out about dressing like a woman, in order to differentiate themselves from the gay men, the term cross-dresser was used..

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Nice one Karren...if we had those I'd always have a supply handy!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Someone needs to invent "recreational hormones".
    Something that would wear off after several hours?
    Dana Ryan

You should watch some Doctor 90210!!!

If you've got the money for surgery that is the way to go and not HRT (well maybe a combo of both would come out best?!) But anyways i've seen a few "girls" who endured about 2 years of surgury and came out drop dead gorgeous.

You can see tons of examples at his own site though.

http://www.bevhills.com/beverly-hill...-feminization/

: P

I'm sorta lucky though, I don't have a pronounced brow like most boys have. which is like a mega dead give away.
    Love me B4 i'm banned for life!

http://i43.tinypic.com/zu1jzk.png

Banned Read only
    There is no such thing as "hormones for cross dressers." Hormones are no different than any other pharmaceutical. No one should take these powerful drugs unless you are 1) a transexual in transition AND 2) under a doctors care and monitoring.

Silver Member
    I read a psychologist's essay (Anne Vitale, if I recall) to the effect that hormones are a reliable diagnostic confirmation of dysphoria. That if a natal male is dysphoric, estrogen will result in a sense of well-being. That effect apparently does not occur if one is not dysphoric. As I (poorly) understand it, this can be accomplished with very low dosages. If anyone knows more about this aspect of hormones, I'd be happy to be educated.

Lea
    Last edited by LeaP; 12-04-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Yea Stacie is not my real
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    HRT after puberty -

Hormones are just another "magic pill" that the pharmacy makes to milk people's cash.
    you don't get any more femme a body, there might be some breast development but it is laughable at best. Sex drive goes away mostly and even if you can perform, the orgasms are really weak. It doesn't decrease facial hair but might slow body hair growth.

I was on them for about a year. Basically a waste of money.
    Sounds like you took HRT for the wrong reasons plus it takes a lot longer then a year for hrt to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Someone needs to invent "recreational hormones".
    Karren, isn't that classified better living through chemistry? As to HRT, go through a doctor after they have done a complete physical.