Thread: Do you cry at movies?

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonianne View Post
    Some of my favorites that always pull tears are:
    "What dreams may come"
    "Contact"
    "October Sky"
    "It's a wonderful life".

Yep, "What dreams may come" is at the top of my list too, Jonianne.

Actually, I'm pretty good at handling anything regarding death. But romantic stuff breaks me down all the time; movies, TV shows, commercials, songs. So when I go out to movies, I watch the action/mystery stuff, and leave the drama to home rental/cable and netflix.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Last night I was watching "The Hangover" and when the naked Chinese guy jumped out of the trunk of the car and whooped everyones azz with a crowbar, I was rolling on the floor with tears coming out of my eyes.

I am to the point I avoid most movie but it is too hard not to cry. Heck, I am to the point I cry on commercials!

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Suprised no one as mentioned The Green Mile. I watched that for the first time this weekend and pretty much was in tears for the final 30 minutes of the movie. For those who've never seen it, SPOILERS AHEAD:

I started when John said that he wanted to die because there was too much pain in the world and since he feels it more than most, he himself was tired of hurting. Seeing that old mouse at the end as well made me cry because even though he was alive and well, he was so weak and feeble that it was painful to see. The notion of being totally alone as well got to me. The idea of outliving all your friends and relatives and thus becoming completely and totally alone is something I personally am afraid of. I don't think it'll happen in my case as I'm rather obese but the thought of it is frightening and depressing.

i have nit been to movies for a long time but watch movies on tv and i have had lots of tear ups.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar
    Actually I start crying at too many movies

Just an hour ago I cried half of the movie (lol, never cried at movies some years ago - emotions do change to the better!): Raising Helen

Any of the old versions of a Christmas Carol...Love that movie...Jackie
    Jackie

Are you kidding? It has nothing to do with hormones, male or female. If you have a soul you cannot help but cry at:

Brian's Song
    Rudy
    Saving Private Ryan

and a few little known but some of my absolute favorite tear jerkers (you need to get/rent/buy these)
    Always
    With Honors

Don't know why, but it's true.

Well done ballet gets to me too. The movie black swan left me unable to stand.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Yes I admit I cry at movies, and each time I have been busted and caught crying.
    A list of a few movies that had me balling in tears.

1. Terminator 2
    2. Gladiator
    3. Battlefield Los Angeles
    4. Star Trek II The Wrath of Kahn
    5. The Color Purple
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Jenny I'm just like you. (Maybe that's why our eyes are teary.) I'm a sucker for romantic stories. Sleepless in Seattle.

Yes I do. My go to movie is Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants. I can't watch that one without some kleenex...lol

One nice thing about movie theaters is that they're dark. If I weep quietly nobody knows.

However, one thing left on my list of places to go en femme is the cinema, I shall either have to see a comedy or be prepared to fix my mascara.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    "Terms of Endearment"
    "Playing by Heart"

....are just a couple that have me in puddles. The entire Lord of the Rings movies had me as well, but it wasn't all sadness - tears of happiness as well in those.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

No tears for romance scenes, and none for adventure movies but and a big BUT here, anything about our armed forces wherein the hero dies or is old and remembering his/the past, oooh yeah, tear ducts are open and flowing. I'm fair sure there is a little guy back there behind my eyes with his hand on a spiget and he gives a mighty heave on it when the climax of the movie hits. I'm a writer (an author is published and i'm not) and even though i've written several stories i can tear up when i read certain parts. Yes even though i wrote the script i tear at it. During one session of writing i was in tears all through the session. Why? Because i was writing about a good friend of mine when i was overseas in Vietnam. That part never made the book, in part because i can't see the words because of the water stains, but also because it was too personal. Something i just couldn't share with others. Some here would, but most just wouldn't understand.

Movies to bring tears:

The Long Gray Line
    Saving Private Ryan
    The Longest Day
    The Bridge On The River Kiwi

And many more of this ilk

And books: To numerous to list.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise69 View Post
    Yep, the list is long...... I'll go one further though. Every time I hear our national anthem.
    Just had to bring that up didn't you. Can't even sit here at the 'puter thinking about it and not tear. And "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic", and,... and,.... and,... anything of a patroitic ilk, if i'm thinking of the honour the song/music represents.
    Last edited by SarahLynn; 12-04-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I never cry at movies. But, give me the right play or even my children's graduation that is another thing. . .

Crying is one of those things that has haunted my life, not because I have a problem with it but because it makes everyone else uncomfortable. Movies are always a problem. The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons wrecked me and I had to walk out of the theater and than buy the movie to see the ending. If you go crossdressed than there is a whole different set of problems because of the danger someone will try to console you, very awkward indeed.

Wow, Seems we all cry at the drop of a hat!

Thanks Everyone for showing we all are a bunch of really sentimental softies!

Lorelahs post in "The lighter side".
    Affected me more than any movie I have seen.
    Some movies do stir up my emotions though.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Only while I pay for the popcorn and tickets. . .
    Sorry - couldn't resist the joke. Sure, there have been movies that choked me up.
    Know what you mean about the popcorn etc. On a happier note, we have a local art house theatre "The Wilton Town Hall Theatre" that charges just $6 per ticket. They were apologized when the film distributors forced them to raise the ticket price to $6. Also the soda and popcorn is less then half the price of any other theater in the area. They once in a while run a major first run film. I think I saw the first "Lord of the Rings" there on opening night. The small town of Wilton, NH was swamped. The opening night of a major block buster at only $5. Mostly they show independent films.
    http://www.wiltontownhalltheatre.com/

There have been a few films that have choked me up recently. I don't remember which ones.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!!

Aspiring Member
    Although I do not watch many movies, I inevitably reach for the tissues -again and again when I do watch one. Usually around this time of year I'll watch 'Miracle on 34 Street' and will cry.

In am an emotional person, for example the PBS Memorial Day and July 4th Tributes from Washington DC - I'll be sitting with tears trickling down my face. Also, I enjoy Andrea Bocelli and Andre Rieu (and others) concerts on PBS and DVD, and will undoubtedly shed tears.

Finally, when my youngest daughter was in high school, she would sing the National Anthem at basketball games, which just caused my neck hair to stand up and the tears to roll down my face. Yes, I am emotional and cry frequently.

My partner said she fell in love with me because I cried at the movie we saw on our first date. I guess I wasn't thinking about impressing her by being cool, I just got emotionally wound up during a scene. It was the little robot boy in the movie A.I. who so desperately wanted to be human, and prayed for the mythical blue fairy to help him to be a person, like in the story of Pinocchio.

The only movie I ever cried at was Dumbo, which I can not watch because it gets me every time. I don't know why, but that movie really gets me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Oh lord, it really depends on a few things.

1. It has to be one clearly "in love" movie. If some dick dies in a movie just because, meh.
    2. I have to be having what my friend calls male pms. That time of the month where any little thing can set me off.
    3. Real life implications. I have to feel for the character, somehow relate to them. Case in point, the other day at work, watching some movie called "One Day" where it took like ten to fifteen years for the characters to finally get together, and BAM! One dies so unexpededly. I teared up hard. Not a word of a lie. Because thats always been my fear, unable to make sure shit like that doesn't happen. And I know that I'd never be the same person if I lost the woman I loved due to some stupid accident.

ps. I also just lost my grandmother of twenty five years to cancer in March and Im that sort of person who just presses everything down until he's ready and alone to deal with that crap. So with that much crap boiling underneath the surface at times, sad movies tend to start picking at that wound too. But I like romantic comedies, myself. Like, "Friends with Benefits", "Hitch", and "As good as it gets". I have a very eclectic stack of favorite movies in my movie collection. Mua.aha.aha. =3
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615