Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you cry at movies?

Hot Blooded Space People
    'May' with Angela Bettis usually does it....that's one thing that hasn't changed since I was fifteen. There's also this series of music videos on youtube....the band is some Japanese punk-ish group. They portray a love story between a cat and a rabbit, and the cats and the rabbits don't believe in marrying each other. Their families try to separate them, and in the second to last video the cat is imagining the rabbit jumping out of a window and to his death, with the words 'no answer' passing by the screen over and over again. I broke into uncontrollable sobs when I saw that. For real. I only saw those videos once, but if this rings any bells with anyone....please let me know what they're called!
    Last edited by Ash Leland; 12-06-2011 at 02:37 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling stuff

I'm hopeless at watching movies..even adverts set me off !!!...It is a nightmare watching a film on a plane...or sat in a full cinema..and trying to supress my sobbing!!!...my wife thinks its hilarious

Fav movie sound of music...especially the bit where Maria returns...LOL it works everytime!!

I cry at just about anything anymore it seems, particularly in the afternoons if I am a bit tired. I can cry easily where a son and a father are concerned. Any love story or sad movie wil make me tear up.

Saving Private Ryan
    The Searchers
    How Green Was My Valley
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I tear up easily and sob equally as easily at too many things to mention...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Doolittle View Post
    Anyway, I wanted to ask; What Movies make you cry every time you see it? Care to share the movies that really tear you up... and do you also feel like you are a "Tear Jerk" type of girl?
    Guy/Gal, girl, I even became teary sitting here en femme reading a couple of the posts already...

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLynn View Post
    ...but, and a big BUT here, anything about our armed forces wherein the hero dies or is old and remembering his/the past, oooh yeah, tear ducts are open and flowing... Some here would, but most just wouldn't understand..
    I do. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise69 View Post
    Yep, the list is long...... I'll go one further though. Every time I hear our national anthem.
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahLynn View Post
    Just had to bring that up didn't you, Denise? Can't even sit here at the 'puter thinking about it and not tear. And "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic", and,... and,.... and,... anything of a patroitic ilk, if i'm thinking of the honour the song/music represents.
    Got me again, there, girls...

As I was readng through all the posts, I immediately thought of "Somewhere in Time," because I relate to "his" anguish so very much. But I tear up easily and sob equally as easily at too many things to mention...

The last part of James Cameron's film TITANIC w/Kate Winslet, et al, was emotionally overwhelming to me when I first saw it in the theater w/my ex back in 1997. I certainly wouldn't have elected to see a 'chick flick' like that on my own back then. Out of guilt so as not to otherwise let her down did I relent and go along with her. Well...when the end of that movie was playing out it had me biting my tongue & upper lip so hard so the pain would distract me. It worked for a few minutes but when that old lady started saying sh*t like..."A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets..." and later when Celine Dion started to sing 'My Heart Will Go On'...I could Tell I was gonna have a melt down. At that point I was So afraid I wouldn't just wet my eyes but gush and OMG...maybe even start balling full-on...lose it... and actually make crying sounds.

There was no Way any of the usual tricks or mental devices were gonna work...I was sweating...knew I just had to get out of there! So I pretended I had to potty really bad and acted all disappointed to my ex when I whispered I gotta go th the bathroom cause I couldnt hold it. As I was scurrying up that carpeted aisle to the lobby doors I could hear all the women crying and sniffling which didn't help. By the time I got to the bathroom I made a bee-line for a stahl so other guys couldn't see my wet eyes. Once safe inside, I quietly wept until I got control again...wiped my eyes blew my nose, dried my cheeks and bravely went back into the theater biting my tongue as hard as I ever had in order to retrieve my damn ex as the end credits began to roll.

I've always cried at movies...or had to fight it back. But that was the worst! I still have a lil scar on my upper lip to prove it.

Movies, tv shows, news clips,...... hell i was tearing up watching and episode of Warehouse 13 last night.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I do at some movies. I cannot watch a Lassie movie without balling my eyes out.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I cry at the awfullest movies there are. The most puerile, trite, hackneyed plots with writing that smells worse than a dead mackerel; second rate actors directed by hacks,mouthing old chestnuts and bathos galore! They also have to have children or puppies or children and puppies.
    I get choked up and teary-eyed - it's really very embarrassing! Makes me want to kick myself in the capris, mostly because I'm well-aware of exactly what they are yet still I do it to this day. Apparently Hollywood is aware of this predilection, as they keep shoveling out this manure year after year; they've got me hooked! Is there a 12-step program or a medication that can cure me of this curse? Please, someone tell me! I need HELP!!!
    Last edited by donnalee; 12-07-2011 at 04:36 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I never cry at the movies, well except for Funerals, weddings, births, lovers dying, children being miss treated or dying, animals being hurt, or killed, and lovers breaking up, and a few other things.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I rarely go to the movies anymore. Its just so expensive. That is not to say I dont watch movies. I normally rent dvd or blu ray movies.
    To answer you question though. The last one I can think of is P.S I Love You.. Some TV shows will cause me to tear up from time to time too.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I tear up at most movies (chic flick) or here a sad story, I have cried many times reading story on this site.

There are many scenes in many movies and tv shows that make me cry. The one film that absolutely destroys me, is "the color purple". When Celie's baby gets taken away, when Nettie gets taken away, when Shug sings "God is trying to tell you something", when Nettie comes home, when Danny glover waves to Celie after Nettie comes home... That movie turns me into a wreck.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Star Wars ( opening sequence ) A new hope
    Bladerunner .
    Hope and glory .
    Shawshank Redemption
    Leon
    The English paitient
    Elephant man

Also any reality tv show where people get to meet lost relatives , or folks who are suffering some form of illness , disability .

Pass the Kleenex .

I cry very quick it does not have to be movies

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Just the other day, I finished watching "My Transsexual Summer" as far as episode 4, and my God what an emotional roller coaster that was for me. I cried tears of happiness for them, and of course, ones of sadness, especially when they were all leaving the house and going their separate ways. Stuff like that always really gets to me....
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I cried watching Twilight because it bored me to tears
    Imperatrix

FEEL FREE TO ADD: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...31&ref=tn_tnmn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do, espcially the romantic ones more often than others