Thread: Getting back into dressing, looking for recommendations

Getting back into dressing, looking for recommendations

So I haven't had the urge to dress for a long time. Recently my stress level has gone though the roof and well you guessed it my desire to dress came back big time.

Well some of my old clothes don't fit so well anymore seems I upgraded my spare tire. I'm going to have to go out shopping for some new clothes, oh darn I haven't done that in years.

I am going to start working out and doing yoga to try and lose some size but that takes time. Right now I was wanting to know if any of you have had good luck with any specific brands/styles of shapewear for the mid section? I just don't want my waist and hips to be near the same measurement, I want some curves. I may even consider some padding.

Tabitha

Silver Member
    If you want a defined waist you will probably have to go with a corset. A girdle will flatten and support but not enough to give a male figure a defined waistline (unless you pad your hips as well as your chest.)

Well, in my opinion hip pads are worth their weight in gold. It is the ratio of breast, waist, and hips that sort of define the female figure. Rather than wearing a highly uncomfortable corset, I prefer to wear hip pads. The wider hips that result give the illusion of my having a smaller waiste, and without the discomfort.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Well, in my opinion hip pads are worth their weight in gold. It is the ratio of breast, waist, and hips that sort of define the female figure. Rather than wearing a highly uncomfortable corset, I prefer to wear hip pads. The wider hips that result give the illusion of my having a smaller waiste, and without the discomfort.
    Ditto! .... Kim nailed it for me.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Wow, some great info here. I too am just getting back into it, although I can honestly say that I don't even have the slightest collection of...well the most basic of undergarments. But thanks for the info anyway! Yet another avenue to explore!

. Rather than wearing a highly uncomfortable corset, .
    Hold your horses cow girl!! Who said corsets are uncomfortable? Mine aren't!! Ok maybe if I cinch them too tight and loose feeling in my hips... And thighs. But if still really comfortable.... In a kind of numb way! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Kim, any recommendations for hip pads? I used to have some but they didn't work too well, probably because I cheaped out on them. Do you recommend foam pads or silicone? Any particular brand work well for you ladies?

Corsets are ok just not too tight, and they are hard to get into alone

Quote Originally Posted by TabithaLah View Post
    Kim, any recommendations for hip pads? I used to have some but they didn't work too well, probably because I cheaped out on them. Do you recommend foam pads or silicone? Any particular brand work well for you ladies?

Corsets are ok just not too tight, and they are hard to get into alone
    I took Sally24's advice and made my own from foam padding. The advantage is that you can custom fit them to make YOU look right AND they can be worn with any undergarment and so you are not restricted to wearing the same undergarment over and over. Making your own is a pain in the butt and makes a hell of a mess, but it is worth it.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    You can make your own hip pads, and Kim is right about them then being "yours", but that does take time and trial and error. In the meantime there are now being offerred all manner of shapewear (including hip padding) in Newport News, Fredericks, Venus, HerRoom, and just about every other online shop for women.

One caution, though. Shapewear works best, in general, the better in shape you are already. When I had a bit of a "spare tire" I tried using a waist cincher and all it did was to move the spare tire to above or below the cincher...basically yuck! Now that I've lost a lot of that weight it works a whole lot better and is really comfortable.

Basically, your own shapewear is best, but you can buy padded lingerie as a stop gap. It will also give you some ideas of what you want to do in making your own!

tina

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I am using the hip and butt padded panty from the Breast Form Store. Works well, a bit bulky, but a good start until you can fashion your own, and then "own your figure" Not for casual wear, but looks good in pictures

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Ditto! .... Kim nailed it for me.
    Ditto ditto here as well. I wear a one piece body suit by Curvacious to give some support to the midsection. The bonus is tthey feel luxurious also!

Thanks Girls. I will try to find one pre-made to start with then work on making my own pads. What type of foam did you all use?

I would be cautious with anything that has a fluid in them. Mine have foam pads(removable) and I add if necessary depending what I am wearing, my weight, etc. Costs run ffrom $ 40.00 to $4,000. alot depends on hot long your skirts/dresses are as well as some are longline and some aren't. Do some research.