Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Church... En femme??

Church... En femme??

These questions are for those who attend or have attended a church service?

Who has ever dressed to go to church? If so, is it frequently?

Who plans on dressing up one day, or asking the church first before you go?

Who here goes to a really TG friendly church? If so, where is it?

My answers:

I have never dressed to go to church, as I have not even come out to anyone yet. But maybe one day in the future I may go dressed up. Not to my usual church though (I said that as if I attend every week, which is not true). But yeah, I thought about this, because I skipped on church today... First missed in 3 weeks, but I just don't feel like getting up.

Later!!

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

I haven't ever dressed for chuch nor have I ever seen anybody crossdressed at any services I have attended. Most of the churches in this area would probably tell you to never come back wearing a dress if you were male. Billie Jean

Silver Member
    Not in a million years. I'm LDS (Mormon). It would go over like a lead balloon and likely result in interviews with my Bishop and Stake President (regional priesthood leader above Bishop). Want a flavor for the latter? Mitt Romney was the local Stake President.

Lea

I have gone to church many times enfemme, yes there are churches that are accepting of everyone, Mostly I have been to "average" churches

Look up Metropolitan Community Church. They are all over the country and the church welcomes anyone form any denomination and they are the first church formed specifically for the LGBT community and its supporters. Attending en femme is fine as long as there is no fetishistic dressing. That is strictly due to common sense decency and consideration for others.

My Wife goes to church on a regular basis but I haven’t been in decades. I would have no qualms going to church en femme except that my Wife would not approve – she tolerates my dressing provided it is mostly restricted to our home.. I don’t go with my Wife because it has been my experience that most Christian churches are populated by narrow-minded, bigoted, hypocrites, a rather puzzling circumstance for a religion based on forgiveness. I do know that some churches accept transgendered people and I have read a number of posts here on the forum from people who have found such a church.
    Babs

Untitled

Not the religious forum

Before this thread is hi-jacked, remember we have a religious forum for discussing this topic, all posts here are to be kept to general comments in relation to the OP and the wearing of female clothing.

Any post that does not adhere to this will be deleted.

Nigella
    Super Moderator

Crazy Lady
    Yes there are churches you can go dressed. The church I most recently attended, I have gone both dressed and as a boy. The one problem with this is when a school teacher for your child, and her children attend. Then your children could be embarassed when the other child asks your child about you. The parents maybe smart enough to out you, but young children might not.

Hi Melody,

I am an active member of a "church," only I have to put church in quotes because I'm Jewish and my place of worship is called a Temple.

I began years ago by being an active member, in boy mode, of the congregation. I started attending meetings of the Ladies Auxillary presumably because I was interested in their programs. Even though I was the only male my attendance became commonplace and eventually I began to volunteer for their projects. I became one of their more active volunteers. That active involvement, "giving back" and making friends, made a lot of difference.

Long story short, eventually I started attendng Auxillary meetings and services en femme. While there are some people who might not be perfectly happy about it, they don't bother me because I'm protected by a posse that includes some women who wield power in the congregation.

It has meant that I had to come out to some old friends and my spouse and I have done that one couple at a time, usually at small dinners. So far every one of them has accepted and supported me.

But I can't begin to tell you what it is worth to stand before God as I believe I was meant to. And to hesitate the very first time I was at a women's service and a dance began and to have my friends take my hands and bring me into the circle.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 12-04-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

As stated earlier the MCC is very accepting and I have been going for a while and am completely accepted no matter how I've dressed enfemm or semi drab

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    If you are passable there is no reason for you not to attend church dressed enfemme. I am Catholic and have been told by several Priests that God doesn't care what you wear as long as you are decently covered!! I underdress almost all the time when I go to Mass, but have never gone fully dressed enfemme! At least not in a dress or skirt. I have gone in ladies jeans and a feminine top!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I attend church regularly en femme and began attending as male. No one has bother me.

I did it once, last year, when Holoween fell on a Sunday.

I am sitting in Salt Lake City at the moment on the train to Chicago.
    I think this is one place I wouldnot attend church.
    A more outgoing church in Castro St SF, NY or Key West would be more suitable.

I can relate to what you say Billie Jean. I also live in southern middle Tenn, and this is the epitome of the bible belt. These folks, by and large, are VERY narrow minded and totally INTOLERANT. I wouldn't even try to express the real me in any big house in this neck of the woods. I had gone several times dressed when I lived in SW Fl., and had no issues whatsoever. I believe overall demographics dictate where we are accepted.

As a few others have said, this should end up in the religious forum and you will find that this comes up on a regular basis.

Yes, I attend church dressed whenever I can. I am a Catholic and have never had a problem. I would suggest that attending church en femme simply because it is a place where people get dressed up is probably the wrong reason for getting dressed. I made a policy for myself, if I became a distraction to the others attending Mass, I would leave because it wasn't my place to be coming between God and those attending church. Early in my going, this happened twice and I noticed it because a few teenagers were turning around a lot to look at me. Since then it hasn't happened.

I attended church dressed because I felt the need to have a dialog with God (to pray, if you will) as the person I am. Last year I was able to attend daily Mass fairly often and I found this to be a very calming experience. My fellow Mass goers were cordial and we got to know each other.

So if you are going for the "right" reasons, I would encourage your going.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Hi,

For my self it make little difference where i go or who i meet its not about clothes & what not its about the person concerned, if clothes determin where you can go than its not about you its about what you wear. then you dont have acceptance & whats the most important thing,

Being accepted as a person & for who you are, not the glad rags .

tho there will allways be some one who wont accept you so cant do much about that,

So go to where ever & go & get known so people dont see you as a threat & they become comfortable with you, & go from there,

...noeleena...

As I've stated in other post, at this years Gay pride parade here in my small town, there was at least five different churches there inviting everyone to there church, even the trans community where said to be welcome.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I do not attend church En Femme, but we have two members of the congregation that do and no one cares. My congregation marches in the local Gay Parade and is welcoming to all.
    Raychel

google "reconciling ministry network" to find other churches or check with the local pflag.

One of my biggest dreams is attend church enfem, but liveing in the middle of redneck hillbilly country full of country going folks I would be tared and feathered and run out of town.

I am LDS also never gone to church dress but I do wear makeup to work and to church.

I have attended a church in Houston while enfemme. My wife was out of town and I located a church that was open to the lgbt community. The pastor is gay. The service was very good, singing and ministry. I was welcomed by all and had a visit with the pastor after service. I was told I was always welcome. If I ever have the opportunity I will go again.
    I do attend church regularly in my home town but would not be accepted if I came enfemme.

Molly

Quote Originally Posted by Carol A View Post
    One of my biggest dreams is attend church enfem, but liveing in the middle of redneck hillbilly country full of country going folks I would be tared and feathered and run out of town.
    I have to say i am with Carol, i have underdressed, but not fem,,i thought about last halloween when it was on sunday, but i don't think it would have gone over, besides out of town with the familyanyway. But it is something to think about.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I've been to church enfemme once and really enjoyed it. They happened to be doing communion that day, so I decided to slip out the back as they were about to start that. I enjoyed sitting through the service itself, but thought it may not be a good idea to parade up to the front of the church and back on this occasion, especially since it was a church that I had not been to before.