Thread: I finallt told my wife

I finallt told my wife

Well 3 weeks ago I left my 2 boxes of breast forms on my desk and my open briefcase on my printer. While I was walking the dog and my wife came home an hour early. So when I came in I knew she went into to my office to see if I was in. I am positive she saw the 2 breastform boxes and my open briefcase with 2 bras and several pantyhose and jewelry and lipstick. When I came in I went into my office and put stuff away quickly and then she walked in and smirched like humm where did everything go.. So I knew she saw everything.

So the past 2 weeks I been on egg shells just waiting for her to pounce on this subject.

So it was our last night in Cozumel last week and a very romantic evening and then she says to me, "you are the most important thing in my life". Well with that statement I knew I had to spring the it on her. I said honey like 2 weeks ago when I was walking the dog you came home early and you probably noticed some items in my office. She said . "yes I did see some items 2 boxes". I said you didn't notice the open briefcase? I was thinking do I just stop here because she didn't open the boxes and maybe she thought they were for xmas. But couldn't. Well there was a briefcase there as well with some womens clothing there as well. Then I explained her the story that I have been keeping this inside me for some +50 years and you are the first person to know of my cross dressing. i hope you are not mad or upset or want a divorce or will rant and rage about that. She said to me, is that all there is? I said, "yes" . Ha ha aha hah she laughed there could be worse things in life frankly she says I think it's pretty funny. If I would of seen those other items I would have thought you were having an affair but to dress in womens clothes ha that's not a problem. Things could be worse- an affair, drugs, money laundrying , going bankrupt, but wearing womens clothes nothing to worry about since you wear panties all the time anyway. She said, I'll may have questions as we go down this path but for now I'm okay. Last night she probed a bit further asking more questions. But I had downloaded 2 Crossdressers excerpts from 2 years ago about someone else's wife that found out and I and thought it had some wonderful responses from both sides so I had printed them out that just in case I ever needed it and also some other interesting readings from the site too. So after these 2 like 20-30 pages downloads she understood me more. I am glad I had them printed out.

So she's cool about it thus far. I told her I will not dress in front of her unless she wants to see Abbey. But I'll be in the closet but I think at least I can remove all my items from hidden spots and put them in my dresser. I hope she won't react to that. So there a huge 100 lb weight off my back and mind. She said I cannot wear lingerie to bed that is forbidden which is cool. because then she would be questioning her sexually.

Get this, next morning she got a manicure and pedicure and she wanted me to get one too!! I got a manicure but not the pedicure. So that was nice only clear coat but felt a nice gesture on her part. So I have not dressed in like 10 days so i hope today I can get dressed and do some inventory and arrange some items in my closet. I think I may put all my dresses on hangers and blouses on hangers and keep them in black garments bags in my closet that will be so much easier to find things and wear them. I think I'll be able to get all 10 pair of shoes and keep them hidden in my office so people coming over can't see them. They go behind a lattice screen in my closet. I think I can get all my socks rearranged and be able to make 1 drawer all panties and hosiery. I am looking forward to this.

My wife is an attorney and very educated and very rationale. I think she took this well and I am very happy. I just hope it continues and we can live happily ever after. Thanks for listening ladies and have a great day!!
    Your friend,

Abbey Lane

PS. I just bought a new grey wig so I need to post some pictures soon. Although I may never be passable I still enjoy what I do.
    The shorter the skirt and higher the heel makes this girl happy.

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    I am so happy for you! That is a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. Way to go!

Hugs
    Trisha

Read the story and was good with everything down to where you said she was an attorney. GULP! I hope everything comes up roses and 7s for ya.

Banned Read only
    Abby, my advice would be to ask your wife if it is ok to hang your things in the closet and put them in drawers. Anywhere where she might see them. Never, never,never surprise her. She needs to e ok with every step, in advance.

What were the threads you printed out? I did have a fantastic reply from a GG once I'd marked but lost the bookmark :-(

Banned Read only
    This is a beautiful story. It sort of made me smile. It's great that the outcome was a pleasant one. But I have one small confusion though. In your story, you say that your wife said, well it's ok, for you wear women's panties all the time anyway. So wouldn't that be a form of crossdressing and she was already cool with it. So did you ever have a conversation about the fulltime panties ever?

L&R........................Tara

Tar-amxy,
    For 14 years I have been wearing panties and I always told her it was for comfort and in fact she even helped me pick out some Vanity Fairs. so she doesn't have a problem with the panties maybe deep down inside she knew I was dressing have no clue. But if she has seen all my items in the briefcase then she would of thought I was having an affair which would of really hurt. But when I said cross dressing she laughed. I was quite happy. Honey she said, " you could be doing a lot worse things than crossdressing. I love you.".
    Last edited by Abbey Lane; 12-05-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: missed word
    The shorter the skirt and higher the heel makes this girl happy.

Your wife is a wonderfully understanding woman. Wonderful story.

Mine has known for years that I like womens clothing but I actually discussed being a crossdresser with her only about two years ago. I have three drawers in our bedroom for Karen's clothing. I don't hang anything. My SO still struggles with full acceptance but is at least tolerant.

It is nice to have a SO that accepts you.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Abby, my advice would be to ask your wife if it is ok to hang your things in the closet and put them in drawers. Anywhere where she might see them. Never, never,never surprise her. She needs to be ok with every step, in advance.
    Good advice, Jennifer. The worst thing that you can do Abby, is to ASSUME that something's ok, once she seems to be accepting of certain things associated with your dressing. Tread cautiously, carefully. Allow her to digest each new thing, before springing something else. Watch and listen to her reactions. You will know her better than anyone, so judge how far you can take this.....there may be some delayed reactions as well, so don't get cocky! Watch her for signs of unsureness. Listen for any possible problems that she might be trying to deal with. This is all new, and will take time to process. Talk. Discuss. Never assume. Patience is key.

But all that aside, your wife is pretty special, and I think you're very lucky.
    Last edited by Piora; 12-05-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Great story Abbey! You have a loving relationship with your wife, and good communication with her. She sounds awesome since "is that all?". It's always nice to read stories like this. Thank you and congrats!

Oh and great advice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Piora View Post
    Good advice, Jennifer. The worst thing that you can do Abby, is to ASSUME that something's ok, once she seems to be accepting of certain things associated with your dressing. Tread cautiously, carefully. Allow her to digest each new thing, before springing something else. Watch and listen to her reactions. You will know her better than anyone, so judge how far you can take this.....there may be some delayed reactions as well, so don't get cocky! Watch her for signs of unsureness. Listen for any possible problems that she might be trying to deal with. This is all new, and will take time to process. Talk. Discuss. Never assume. Patience is key.

But all that aside, your wife is pretty special, and I think you're very lucky.

Hey Abby, glad things worked out for you. I have worried about this and wondered what happened, after you told me. I am excited for you, as I know you are too, wondering what the next page will be.
    Amy

Great story. Be cautious and take it slow & easy. I'm sure that was a load off of your shoulders. Hopefully, this will lead to a wonderful time you can share with her.
    ​Cindy

hi abbey you are one of the lucky ones girl may it all turn out for the best i wish you all the luck in the world girl .from davinaxx
    davina

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    A wonderful story. I thank you so much for sharing. I am in the process of coming out to my wife, and like you, I have worn nothing but panties, but jsut for the past 3 months. We do the laundry together, and sort the undies on the bed, but she hasjust remarked that my underwear was sexier than hers, but never on the panty nature. Must admit I have some Male Jockeys that are prettier than my panties, but just have no desire to wear them.

Your wife is a wonderful person. Kind of shoots our preconceived notions about lawyers, and gladly so. Take it slowly, and always make sure your have her permission, that is a fact I have found to be written in stone. We are asking them to change and accommodate our choice, so their happiness is paramount. I am so happy for you.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Abby,

Congratulations of letting the cat out of the bag and having a positive response from your wife. My wife is also an attorney and had a simiar positive response and is acepting. More so as time goes by. The only difference is that I told her up front because I started late and never had to hide it. I wish you well.