Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting pics and having a 2nd Facebook account

I also have 2 FB accounts, and 1 (Sheri's) Google+ account.
    before i set my security high, i was surfing FB at work (during a coffee break) and my Femme self was recommended as a friend for me, since we both live in the same Municipal District (COUNTY) along with 20000 other people.
    Soon after Sheri's acct was set to high security, and i havent seen her since...

as for photo concerns, as someone else said, if they see my pic on here, then i will ask their profile so i can add them as a friend. If they are here looking then they probably enjoy alot of the same things..

kisses,
    Sheri

Are there a lot of TG's (CD, TS, etc) on Facebook? I mean, is that a good way to make a lot of TG friends or sumthin? Just wondering... And God, I could care less who 'finds out'. It's like..'prove it' or...like.. geeze sue me or somethin! LOL...

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Annaliese, there is a lot of TG's (CD, TS, etc) on Facebook. Although I hold back, all you have to do is make a few friends and FB will look for more for you with similar interest. Then just look at their friend list and you will see alot of TG's. just click them on and request to be a friend. Alot of people from this site I have noticed are there.

I have 2 accounts but my male and female are not friends and I have not had any problems. I am also on flicker and know one has seen me on there as well.

Just make sure that you don't connect the two what i mean is if you have a fem e-mail account do not e-mail you drab account. I did this and Facebook connect the my two Facebook by the e-mails. So have separate e-mail and never connect the two, never e-mail your self.

I've had 2 accounts for years with absolutely no problems!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kaitlin
    http://www.myspace.com/misskaitlincd

I tried to set up a facebook account for my CD side, but ran into a problem. I couldn't get through all the input screens. I'm just content to leave Lennette in here. I'm not sure if I want anyone to accidently find out about my other side.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    I have two accounts, so far so good.
    I just put up a Facebook page for my CD self just about a month ago. The first thing I did was to go through all the privacy settings. I then double checked them by searching from another computer, logged in on a differant account.
    IF someone 'accidently' finds my page, there is nothing but my profile pic to see. If they can sort out it's me from that fuzzy photo, then they're pretty observant anyway and may have all ready figured it out.

Having said that, in just over 3 weeks, I have a small cadre' of Friends and the page has all ready been influential in my having just attended my first CD/TG event.
    My SO shared some of your partners concerns but if you get it set up right, you're pretty well insulated.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

Don't dream it, be it. SweetTransvestite's Avatar
    I've thought about it, but I'm inches away from just fully coming out on FB anyways with having girl mode pics on my "normal" profile. Don't think I'd surprise anyone by now actually. Lol.

I have been afraid to let Elizabethamy post pictures and get friends on the facebook account she demanded. I always use the "private" setting on my browser, but of all the sites I visit, the only one that stays in the history without having to be femanually deleted is...facebook. So I guess I just can't trust that it's safe. Having said that, I dream of a day when I no longer need it to be safe. Good luck, everyone!

I trashed my male account all together. Happy having just my CD account.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    I trashed my male account all together. Happy having just my CD account.
    Well I can't trash my male account for the single reason I am a business owner in a small town, less then 15k population. I knew a business owner that did sold lingerie and did lingerie shoots for their customers. They got a bad rep in town and since dropped the photography side of the business.

Thats why I keep 2 facebook accounts. I associate my male account with my business. Appearances when your a business owner, or even if your not, can be damaging to your reputation. Shoot with Missouri being an At Will state, your employment is at the will of the employer and he or she can fire you for anything they want as long as its not illegal. So at least for me its better to have 2 accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I too, have two accounts. No problem as yet, and I hope it stays that way. I have not friended myself, and also use two user accounts on my computer, one for him and one for her.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Sorry Ashley-Marie, I may have quipped too soon.... I'm .au, your employer has to fight uphill to get rid of you.

Hope I haven't upset you.

Nelson
    Last edited by Nelson; 12-08-2011 at 02:54 PM.

When I set up a FB account many already knew i was a CD, so I didn't feel it was necessary to have two accounts. The public part of the profile does not say anything about this (the avatar is of me in guy mode). Most of the pictures I have posted is of Camlla, so there is no doubt about what I do.

I have CD accounts on Facebook, Flickr, MySpace and Tagged and have never gotten any suggestion that anyone has put 2+2 together. I have a Male account on FB, too, but am not a friend of myself. Does that make sense to anyone?

Having any pictures or any sort of information on the net is somewhat risky. You could have a 2nd facebook account . Just have separate friends and dont friend yourself.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I just recently made a 2nd facebook account. If anyone wants to the can feel free to send me a frined request. The link is in my sig..
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I do not and never will have anything to do with face book. Mark Zuckerburg is a complete scumbag and I refuse to give him ANY of my personal data, ever. He can go piss up a rope.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Aspiring Member
    I don't know him personally, so I don't care.
    Not to mention, my girl profile has me working for a fictional company (VP of R&D for Stark Industries), with a fictional background - so any data I've given them isn't real. I don't tend to "Like" stuff, so they don't get that data on my male or female profiles. I don't approve of my family requests for saying I am a cousin or nephew or whatever.

I also use my ad blocker software to block calls to facebook from other websites.

You can control, to an extent, how much you use, how much you share, and what you do that is real versus false.
    —Mikaela

I don't do FB, but I do have completely separate accounts for email, photos, etc. that never interact with each other.

Now, that being said, I have no delusions that this is airtight security. The providers of these services get my IP address every time I use them, so they do have a piece of information that ties them together. However it also ties me to my wife's, daughter's, and anyone else's who uses my internet connection. Unless they are specifically looking for a particular connection I doubt that they can make much use of it.

I do check the security settings, and it is sadly no longer a unusual thing to find that they have been reset to a less restrictive state than I desire. Every time a service is "upgraded" they default things back to "wide open" and often don't bother to tell their customers.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    You can control, to an extent, how much you use, how much you share, and what you do that is real versus false.
    +1. Good Advice, also make sure to use the several privacy settings within your facebook account to set permissions. Most newbies create an FB account and do not set the privacy options, which makes your site accessible to everyone (even non-fb members).

I have considered opening a second account, but I too am a business owner and the risk just isn't worth it to me. So I'll just keep it here on this site...more fun anyway!

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    I`m considering a Lori FB page.......see what happens
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had two accounts and fb busted Trisha's account and closed it down. Could be because I never connected with friends just lots of shopping sites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]