Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting pics and having a 2nd Facebook account

Posting pics and having a 2nd Facebook account

I know there have been a lot of threads lately about your real Facebook page and posting pics en femme, coming out on it etc... I would like to post pics on this site and have a 2nd facebook account like some girls do but my SO would find that risky.
    Have any of you that have a second Facebook account had any problems or troubles from setting it up and putting yourself out there or even on this site?
    Have you ever had people be able to somehow track you down on the computer, show up to your work and yell out hey there's the crossdresser or just cause you a lot of grief? You know what I mean. Lol

That is interesting...I never thought about having another facebook account! Very interesting! My GF says I am OCD about CD, but it just is a burning desire. I wish I had a least one friend I could text and talk "girly" to!.... ugh.

I have a few alter-egos on Google+ and I'm also on Flikr. I don't know if I'll do another facebook account, but that's mostly because I'm trying to see if Google+ will take off over the next year.

No one has "tracked me down" yet, but I also don't friend my alter-egos.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

I have two accounts, so far so good.

I have 2 FB accounts, my femme one is friends with my male one, nobody has noticed.... Or if they have, they haven't said!

I don't get why people need one Facebook account, let alone two!!!

I've never had a problem with mine. I also don't friend my male & female accounts, although I do have a couple of privileged mutual friends...
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Gold Member
    Clear sailing for me so far. Have some interesting "1 degree of separation" situations and nothing has happened. My guy page has friended a good friend who friends other CDs. One wife from my Tri-Ess group is friended to Sue and my wife and daughter.

I go with setting my security high and pretty much not friending anyone I haven't run into somewhere else. No security breaches and no guys posting inappropriate comments or pictures on my wall.

I have a second facebook account but stopped doing anything with it when I joined this forum. IMO, this is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I have a second account as well bad news for me people at work found out about it. Are they think the pic was of me. So i have been questioned alot at work about it. People can track you too easy on there it sucks.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Quote Originally Posted by gabimartini View Post
    I don't get why people need one Facebook account, let alone two!!!
    That's easy... some of us are two faced!

That's funny, Lee! Guess every CD is guilty as charged... lol, facebook accounts or not!

I agree that having two FaceBook accounts is risky. That's why I only have one... Karren Hutton... mater of fact my male side has next to no net presence except professionally on Linked-in. Makes life so much simpler. Everyone on Facebooks knows I a crossdresser and I have a ton of friends. Mostly non-tg ones. More hockey friends than anyone else...
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-06-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I have two as well and have not had any problems yet.
    None of my friends on either book have contacted me on the other but I am very conservative (read paranoid ) about who I "friend".

Aspiring Member
    I don't do Facebook (or twitter or MySpace).

As far as posting pictures here, I came to the conclusion that the only people who would see them are other CDers, so if someone came up to me and said I saw your picture on this site, they would only be outting themselves at the same time.

Aspiring Member
    I have two accounts. I don't friend myself and I keep my friends separate. I even use two different browsers so the sessions/cookies don't cross or cause me to forget which one I'm on. No problems.
    —Mikaela

I have two FB accounts and go to great lengths to keep them separate so as to avoid any possibility of "cross-chat" between the two. Andrea primarily accesses via her IPad, he uses his IPhone. They both will use the same laptop but he uses IE and she uses Safari. Friends are carefully added to avoid any linking between the two. As far as I know there is currently only one instance of "2 degrees of separation" - I keep the security settings quite high on both accounts

Still, there is always the risk that something goes wrong (or right???) and I end up outed where I didn't want to be. If that ever happens, C'est la vie, life will go on.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Hmmmmm ...... just FYI ..... food for thought maybe ..... as a CDer I have taken a number of different questionable risks over time, and have been fortunate so far nonetheless. I've had a couple of different Yahoo accounts, and several different identities and alter egos on various web sites, but don't have 2nd facebook and don't think I'll add one any time soon. I try to disguise my profile info just enough to steer people off my real identity, and to be broad enough to fade into the woodwork. But I'm a talker and pretty expressive too, so that could lead to potential problems.

My concerns about Facebook are three-fold. First, once you upload a photo you give away the rights to that photo. They can and will keep a copy for themselves in perpetuity, and as you may have noticed they change their rules and procedures every few weeks. So how that could potentially be used in the future is not under your control. Of course, that's hypothetical. Second, they are very much driven by commercial applications, and here again you have no control over how the information you provide may be aggregated, joined, used, combined with other data ..... that could lead to something embarassing down the road. I've already noticed that some of the browsers / apps are tracking what sites you site and providing a "service" by telling the world (like your yahoo or FB friends) where you've been or visited ...... I'm not sure I want my clients to know that I was reading stories about "naughty sissies" on Literotica, for example ..... many of these apps ask you if you want to be identified, but not all of them do, some require that you "opt out" if you don't like it. I see potential problems down the road there. Third and finally, FB is already using facial recognition software and sending photos to members asking if they can identify the people in the photo ...... I'm not sure I want FB to come across some femme photos of "Jackie" (or some less lady-like alternative) and send them to the family and friends of my male persona and ask them to check whether it's me or not. Yikes. Or for some divorce attorney or competitor or whatever to use that information to discredit me or my work. Just some food for thought .......ack! I hate to be the serious one and spoil all the fun. That's like the opposite of why I am here .....as my femme self, I'd really really prefer to just throw caution to the wind ....but then again .....

Platinum Member
    Hi PG, No facebook ,twitter or anything like that for this old girl.
    I don't want anything that can come back and bite me in the A$$.

Orchid
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 12-06-2011 at 05:54 PM.

I have two facebook accounts. While I haven't posted personal picks to my Ashley account I like having it seperate from my other account. That way friends and family who don't know.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie g View Post
    First, once you upload a photo you give away the rights to that photo. They can and will keep a copy for themselves in perpetuity, and as you may have noticed they change their rules and procedures every few weeks. So how that could potentially be used in the future is not under your control.
    No, in fact the federal government just stepped in on this. If you delete it, they are required to delete it as well. You maintain your copyright. However, the privacy aspect is a crock and something just came out today regarding it.

Second, they are very much driven by commercial applications, and here again you have no control over how the information you provide may be aggregated, joined, used, combined with other data ..... that could lead to something embarassing down the road. I've already noticed that some of the browsers / apps are tracking what sites you site and providing a "service" by telling the world (like your yahoo or FB friends) where you've been or visited
    True in theory, but there are several ways around this. Ad-blockers that prevent calls to facebook is just one. Yes, people need to realize that sites that give you something for free, are actually because you/your information are the actual product. (or your eyes in the case of ad revenue supported sites)

Third and finally, FB is already using facial recognition software and sending photos to members asking if they can identify the people in the photo
    These are still limited to the restrictions you have on your own albums. And it's the recognition of a face, not the comparison between two unrelated profiles.

There are a lot of reasons to distrust facebook or any online service, but fear-mongering with incorrect or partial data isn't helpful
    —Mikaela

B.B.C.D. & D.Q.I.T. Chloe' Buffington's Avatar
    I have 2 accounts on fb, I tightened the security as far as it would go and am NOT friends with my femme self. keeping them separate has worked so far. If any one from here wants to be fb friends, Chloe' S. Auld.
    Life is too short to not be who you are.

Hmmmmm ..... I hope you are correct so far .... but I don't think you need to call me for "fear-mongering." And who has anything more than partial information. I hadn't heard about your first point, so I'll assume you're correct and this is a new development. Just trying to share some of my concerns, and I think the facial recognition issue is a fair one. I'm not a computer technology person, but I am a mathematician who is fairly well read and pretty active politically as an ACLU member and a member of several electronic privacy concerns.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I have two FB accounts, one male, one female. I keep them very seperate using different email accounts and never friending or visting the other. The male account gets hardly any attention. Since I have greart difficulty doing makeup there is hardly any pictures. I do have concerns about facial recognition softtware and usually try to wear teardrop sunglasses to make it harder for that software to work. My concern has been someone trying to discredit me with my family, my ex would love to mess up my relationship with my son even thou the divorce is long over. She has an estranged husband (she now lives with our marriage counselor) who was a policeman who has access to alot of software that has gone through my sons hard drives before and it worries me. My son now destroys his hard drives like I do - High speed grinder.

I've had a 2nd account with real info, pics, etc. But never the right location. No one would guess based on location