Thread: do you work out?

do you work out?

do you work out to have an athletic body, or do you refuse to work out to maintain a petite body?

i am very thin and have pretty delicate body and now i don't know what i should do... start with a workout to get a healthier and more athletic body or should i advance my bodytype to look even more delicate.

what do you do?
    do you try to have a feminine bodytype, or do you workout?

oh... and just a quick question... do you have long hair, or do you have short hair and wear a wig?
    Last edited by lucaluca; 12-06-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Well, only you can decide what you should do. No-one but you should be making such major decisions that affect your overall health.

Personally, I work out religiously. My program is basically geared towards putting on relatively lean muscle mass - think somewhere between the body of a gymnast and an MMA fighter. It's not the most feminine look in the world, but let's face it: neither is my facial structure. I'm okay with this because, A) I spend 95% of my time in guy mode, wearing guy clothes, and I'm happy with that, B) I know that the vast majority of CD's will have something that's structurally flawed, giving away their underlying masculinity, mine might as well be my ripped bod, haha, C) I value my health more than anything, and D) Muscular can still be attractive - it's like any physical feature - you just have to know how to complement it.

Unfortunately, the picture of feminine beauty that we have today is often one that pushes us to do unhealthy things in order to achieve it. I think that's a trap, though. If you want my advice, I would never tell you not to work out - being active and healthy will complement your whole being in the best way possible. I would at least recommend some cardio (treadmill, elliptical, running, etc), and some yoga. I know a lot of women that really seem to enjoy Zumba classes - but they all like to dance. Those are all things that ought to tone you up a bit without adding too much mass, if any, and not ruin your delicate look.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

I work out to maintain a healthy body!! I use my home gym 4 or 5 times a week... Play ice hockey in an over 25 draft league... 60 - 70 games a year. And take long walks at noon at work... Being healthy is more important... Having a nice slimish body is a bonus!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I stopped working out when I got serious about dressing. Losing muscle tone has helped my arms and legs look a little more fem I think. It's also helped me lose weight. I eat healthier and not as much as before.

Heavy work outs and excise always makes me extra hungry shortly afterwards!

Now, I limit my excersizes to stretching and crunches!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-06-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do cardio every day. I lift weights two days a week, and the weights are not heavy at all. I have found that if you want to feminize you have to concentrate mainly on the chest, glutes & hamstrings

I never ever work out my arms, shoulders, back & traps. They will get sleek & slender from all the cardio.

The cornerstone for any feminization of your body is diet & cardio. If you can't make the commitment for both you'll never accomplish it. But if you stick with it you'll see the results pretty quickly.

Personally I go for a slim fit body.
    For me that means feeling very healthy and looking good in a dress. [Well I think so]

But even a slim body needs exercise to keep it firm and shapely.

I hope it’s O.K. Veronica if I just disagree a little on one thing you said.
    The results do not come quickly.

SUZY

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar
    I do work out and maintain my muscles. I have absolutely no female body shape, it would probably be impossible to achieve such one... so I train my male side a bit, but not that much - it is more about maintaining or improving strength but not muscle size.
    Studying nature (since 8 years) but still figuring myself out (since 18 years ^^ - should have started earlier)

Korean music is cool and girly: Orange Caramel, Girls Generation, Kara

Banned Read only
    I workout to stay in shape and when I workout it is really the time I go into girl mode. I dress in leotards and woman’s clothing and do exercise videos and do videos led my women instructors.

Geoff

I run, run, run.....and then run some more Ran a half marathon 2 weeks ago, and trained a tg friend for her first 1/2 marathon. We had a blast.
    I've been running for over 30 years, keeps me sane (ahem somewhat). I'm fitting into a size 12 dress, so guess it's kinda working

Banned Read only
    My plan is to stop smoking on my birthday (Dec 16) and to start working out, hopefully getting back my endurance from my high school wrestling days. Concerning weight and muscle mass; I definitely want to lose weight. I am fat. Not only as a girl, but as a guy, and a human and general, I just simply have too much unhealthy fat according to my doctors. Muscle, if I get some from working out... Eh. I'll work my female clothes around it some how.

Will I ever be considered "delicate"? No. Never. But really, look at most random GGs. I'm scared to even think them as delicate. They might come over and show me their new cooking recipie they learned, called the "knuckle sandwich."

Will I ever be considered feminine athletic? That is my hope. Masculine athletic? I am hoping not, and I don't think I will anyways. I was definitely not even close to Ah-Nold Swartzen...egg... er... back in my wrestling days.

Yes, I believe exersize and physical fitness are an important aspect to anyone's well being. It would make no difference to me if I was an actually a GG, I would feel the same way.

I work out 4 to 5 times a week. In the gym I do cardio via the eliptacle machine and swimming. I also work with weights, with the emphasis of lighter weights and more reps and lots of core strengthening. Outside I walk and ride a bike.

There's no way that my body type could be reshaped into anything resembling feminine form, but I don't go out of my way to build muscle mass. (I'm still waiting for the magic pill that will suddenly change me into a ravishing beauty.)

So my advice is to go for the healthier and more athletic look. Oh, and have some fun with it!

Working out

[SIZE="3"]Maintaining muscle tone is important to be healthy and keep your weight down. Using heavy weights isn't necessary. Aerobic exercises like spin or step are good. Yoga and Pilates are good for flexibility and maintaining your core. Maintaining a strong core is good for preventing back problems. My favorite though is Zumba. Its plenty aerobic and fun and some times they talk me into wearing a Zumba skirt.[/SIZE]

First of all unerstand that I love my guy side as much as I love my femme side. I am in guy mode much more than femme mode and there is no way you'd ever think my body was femme in it's natural form. So when I work out I am not worried about gaining a femme body.

I strength train 3 days a week, my warmup consists of shoulder exercises with light weight (15 lbs.) and ab work (lots of different exersises). With the weights I do 1 set to exhaustion (when I get 30 reps I increase the weight by 5-10 lbs). I rest no more than 60 seconds and do the same weigh to exhaustion (usually can get half or the first set). I rest the same time period and drop the weigth by 10-20 lbs and go to exhasution. I only do one exercise per body part. I do this for all major muscle groups except for legs. I am at the point where as my strength has increased I am using heavier weights. I get endurance training and am getting stronger all the time. It doesn't take long and I am gassed when I am finished.

Since I've had two hip replacements and I have a bad shoulder from a accident (no swimming distances) I ride the bike for my legs and for cardio. In good weather I'm outside on my road bike and in bad weather I'm on the stationary bike inside. i will ride 5-6 days a week. I will show you a pic of me in a gown (have to have it taken first)and you'll see that while I'm not very femme i don't look too bad it it either.
    Dana Fleming

I try to run 4 to 5 miles a day. Bigger legs, but leaner overall. Minimal weight lifting!

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Treadmill and bicycle for me!

Aspiring Member
    I agree with Karren - 'I exercise to maintain a healthy body'. I work out on a stationary bike and do Pilates. In addition, I try to take advantage of excerising on the job (e.g. walking from office to plant and taking stairs and hills) on a daily basis. After many years, I am getting back into biking.

Since I started excerising a little less than 2 years ago, it has helped with my well being (i.e. lowered cholesterol and BP) and dropped a jean or skirt size or two.
    Michele

I use to lift weights but have stopped. I stopped because my arms and legs had quite a bit of muscle mass, now that I have stopped lifting weights, my legs and arms have come down a bit. I was running 2-3 miles a day but now my knees are starting to bother me so I'm lucky to run 2 miles a week. I think for the new year I'm going to start yoga and or palities. I want to stay in shape but dont want the bulk.

Friends welcome
    Every time I feel like working out,I lay down til the feeling goes away.
    A little bit of powder and paint,
    can make me look like what I ain't

~On the road to Erin~ ZosKiaCultusC7's Avatar
    I used to hit the weights 6 days a week but I've toned it down quite a bit. Previously, I used to work on strength training but have since stopped, taking on a low-weight high-rep (toning) regime. I now do weights 3 days a week, do crunches 6 days a week and run 6 days a week, or at least I try to. There are some days when I don't feel like working out so I'll skip running or whatever I have going on that day. I have lost a significant amount of mass since I started calming down, going from a body weight of about 185lbs. to 150-155lbs. I've been cheating quite a bit on my diet lately so I've been hovering around the 150lb. mark. I'm a lot more lean but have a few things I still need to work on, such as the most difficult midsection. I will say that I like how I look a lot more now than what I used to look like, especially the fact that I went from a size 14 down to a size 8.

My one complaint is that since I lost a lot of fat and am a lot more toned, veins pop out a lot more than they used to. Veiny arms are just not feminine but I suppose there isn't a whole lot I can do other than wear long-sleeved clothing, unless I want to gain weight, which I don't want to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Do to my body type I have been given, I have to work out. Being that I am not naturaly thin or delicate, it's either work out with weights and be toned. Or don't work out and be really fat! Also the GG physique I tend to admire and try to emulate is the athletic toned track star, softball, soccer, basketball, volleyball athlete, etc.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Well, I've always been slim. Though as I get older I do need to do some work to stay where I want. Currently, I do crunches, 50 in the AM and 50 in the PM everyday. When the weather is acceptable (Over 25 degrres and below 90) I walk to or from work 3-4 times a week (7 miles in an hour and five minutes) Mainly, I watch what I eat almost religiously.

I have to maintain a certain level of physical fitness for my job. I tend to focus on cardio and body weight resistance exercises (sit-ups, push-ups, lunges, air squats...). This means I tend to lean more toward toned instead of yoked. GG's can be toned, so I figure that's the best balance I can have between work, my family life and my need to be feminine.

As for hair, I wear mine in a style that is of medium length for a man and short for a woman. The good thing is the style can work for either gender. I do also have a nice long wig as well.

Anna

I think working out is just to much work