Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I want to be a woman? Heck no!

Complex Lolita...

Do I want to be a woman? Heck no!

[SIZE="2"]“The division between the sexes has to a large extent been invented. Only a comparatively small number of people are active within this division. The rest? They are waiting for something to happen or to be done to them. But society has attempted to make moral differences. We must have the freedom to drift and find ourselves again.” (Francis Bacon [the painter], 1964)

Despite all appearances to the contrary, I do not wish to be a woman, in fact “Heck no!” sums it up rather nicely. This opinion is highly personal, based as it is on many years of observation and life as a genetic male. I play at being a girl (or a woman, if you prefer) to be significantly less male, but I remain a male at all times. I can do no other thing, i.e. this is the lot I’ve been given, or burdened with, and so I try to make the best of it. Before I go any further, I mean no offense against females, in fact the following diatribe is meant to be amusingly self-deprecating. Pardon the obvious pun, but let’s see if I can pull “it” off. Recently I submitted this epithet:

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique
    “The very fact that I am NOT female is a constant reminder that all is not well, and it’s not going to get any better. Life as tragedy.”
    But, I was lying in my bed the other day, in my darkened bedroom full of closets, and I began to think just how wonderful it is to be male! For instance, I get to wear clothing that is practical, of a certain weight and texture, devoid of color or muted to denounce all that is beautiful. None of this clothing could be called delicate, charming, tactile, or fashionable; in fact it all looks correctly frumpish, piled on the floor like rubbish. I, as a male, am allowed to be indifferent to what I wear, or how I look. This is a freedom that has been fought for throughout the generations – how dare I take pride in my appearance, when I am the end result of countless anti-fashion mutations?

In a similar vein, I am allowed to show my facial hair, and, dare I say, body hair as well. I don’t like my inherent male hair, but I am allowed to display it as a sign of virility (if I want to GET something, that is). I can use all the tools in my male “kit” to influence other males, indeed they are doing the same thing – after all, this is all I have to work with. Even so, I shave my face (and other areas) to show other males that I’m not on the same wavelength. I’m expected to be a team player, but I’m not, so I shave to display that unalterable fact – it’s the least I can do. Also, I have no tattoos, no obvious piercings, and no “bling” to speak of. In many ways I am a throwback to a previous era, and, to be truthful, they should put me under a glass case in a museum…

Speaking of this “team” mentality, being a male means that I am absolutely fascinated with moving, throwing, shooting and depositing balls – I’m talking about sporting events. There’s nothing more important than moving a ball an inch or two TOWARDS an imaginary objective, all to no purpose. The injuries and pointless celebrating that occurs along the way, as the precious ball is carried, kicked and caressed to its final destination, are necessary and highly entertaining. To a male, there is a subliminally sexual connotation to all this “driving” towards a goal – males need no explanation at all, but, if I was a woman, I would be completely mystified. I know, there are many women sports fans, but I can only speak from a male viewpoint as I watch males engage in innately male activities. I actually laugh at the ridiculousness of it all – I mean, it IS funny…

Being a male also means I am allowed to distance myself from female companionship, and meet up with my “buddies” in some form of male-bonding exercise. I don’t have to explain this to anyone, especially the women I am avoiding, because society insists that males are from here, women are from there, and it’s pointless to expect heartfelt, consistent cooperation between the two factions. Nope, the males can hop on their glorified riding tractors and head for the hills to do male things, usually in pairs or groups. I find it hard to live up to these male expectations by “bonding” in some way with other males, because I actually prefer the company of women. However, I don’t wish to be one of the latter. I am at odds with these male ideas of domination and control, but their very presence allows me to appreciate the other “side” of things – if I eliminated this maleness, there would be no need to “cross” over or, for that matter, crossdress. You know what they say: “Boys will be BOYS…”

I’m sure a male came up with the idea of joining “joy” to “stick,” because cylindrical thinking is the pervasive, overriding thing going on here. I, being male, must bow at the base of my own personal obelisk, and move unswervingly towards whatever direction it points. Have you ever noticed that males do a LOT of pointing? There’s also a fascination with tools, and the fasteners they drive into position, in fact most tools have a characteristic male shape – you can apply that observation to weapons as well. Also, consider the leaf blower. It would all blow my mind, but, since I’m a male, it all makes perfect sense. The nut and the bolt are counterparts, designed by males, and boys/men are obsessed with such things. If I was a woman, I would miss out on this tragic-comic appreciation of hardware and the glee a male gets by skipping through the tool department at Home Depot…

I was born a male, and thus I am not expected to enjoy intimacy, enjoy tactile splendor, or enjoy doing any “sissy” or “queer” things. No, I was equipped at the factory, according to specifications (and chance), and I have to make the best of it. My male-ness is pervasive, and I play with it, just like I play at being a girl for reasons of mental stability. However, I cannot imagine BEING a woman – it’s a shortfall of tragic proportions, but I must somehow embrace my masculinity. I am not as…accomplished…as a transgendered individual, even though we may dress alike and come under the same alternative umbrella. I dress because I’m a sensitive boy, I like sensation, I like going against the grain, and I enjoy experimentation. The key word is BOY, the name for a rambunctious male entity that, in many ways, is free to do as he pleases. If I was a girl I could write this from the other side, but I’m not, and I never will be, so I shan’t…

What I’m trying to say is this – I know no other way, and crossdressing is the best I can do. I could not comment on male behavior if I was not one of them, albeit a girly-boy with acute sissy pretensions and perverted tastes. Other males would, most certainly, see me as a queer, since I do not neatly fall into the slot they (and society) have provided. However, I embrace my birth gender with all my might, if only to have a foundation, or a base for continuing operations, or to have something to hang on to (pun intended). I don’t expect females to understand where I’m coming from, but I most emphatically do not want to BE a woman. You can all relax. Playing dress-up is a pleasant yet serious diversion, a necessary technique for dealing with one’s male existence – since (tragically) I wasn’t born female, I can only deal with approximations, half-measures, abstractions, and passable representations. I mean no disrespect to women, and I crave sympathetic understanding from everyone…

BTW, my thanks to Miss Lake, who unwittingly provided the catchy title…

The punchline: Do you want to be a woman, or is crossdressing enough?

[SIZE="1"]PS – Hello, SweetPea_GG![/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

O Freddy, this was a good read, i would have to say at a younger age i wanted to be female, i would wish to wake up the next day as a beutiful young lady, but it didnot happen, so i would say now at a older age, i will just stay a CD, because i enjoy it,so much.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I enjoy both of my gendered selves very much and have no desire to lose either of them (hmmm, actually I have no way to lose either of them!)

There are moments for me when being male is just fine. And then there are moments when being female strikes me as something quite desirable; mind, body, and all.

It is a sort of compromise when being dressed. Like appeasing a hunger for chocolate mousse with a couple of Hershey's Kisses, if you know what I mean. I definitely agree with your statement: "Playing dress-up is a pleasant yet serious diversion, a necessary technique for dealing with one’s male existence – since (tragically) I wasn’t born female, I can only deal with approximations, half-measures, abstractions, and passable representations."

So, in short, would I rather be a woman? Depends on what day it is.

Nice Post Freddy,
    One Question. Is it hard to type with your tongue so firmly planted in your cheek?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Roberta, I sincerely doubt that Freddy uses "her" tongue when she types, so what difference does it make where it is? That said, my answer to the main question is the same as Freddy's!! Do I want to be a woman? NOT ONLY NO, BUT HECK NO!! I was born a man and hopefully will die a man! Yes, I do love to crossdress, but not to the extent of becoming a woman! In the aproximately 70 years that I have been CD'ing I have never wanted to be woman. I like to look like one, but that is as far as it goes. I have never had a date with a man, and have no desire to do so
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Lynn View Post
    Nice Post Freddy,
    One Question. Is it hard to type with your tongue so firmly planted in your cheek?
    i can't speak for Freddy but i can assure you it is much easier to type with tongue planted in cheek than it is to speak in that condition. And it's damn near impossible to eat or drink anything.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Do I want tobe a woman ? Well sometimes YES sometimes no . I enjoy just being me , for example I attend a trasgender group of some really neat people most of whom are transtitioning hrt srt the whole aphabet and at the end of the day I say ok but its not for me I have been blessed being able do more than pass yes my hands give me away as do my arms & shoulder width but when I am enfem I look out through the same eyes , I don't feel my breast forms or the bra or even my panties and hip forms or even my make-up but when I look in the mirror HOLY shit it's awsome and then I would love to be a woman 100% of the time my wife says that woman are just guys with bigger girls ( I talking about a woman who seriously [U]borrows my clothes [/U]to dress up to go out she wears jeans 99.9% of the time ). SO if I want bigger girls I just go buy some bigger ones I wear a 42c but have dd if I am feeling naughty so at the end of the day I day dream about dressing and when I get home I dress don't know why but I do even for a few hours and then put on my baby doll nighty take off the make-up well sometimes I fall asleep still wearing make-up but its awesome to wake up being pretty take care I've taken up to much of your time all ready love Adraine

I hate to be so non-eloquent after such a lovely string of big words and psycological and social evaluations of gender, but:

Why do I have to choose?

Your explanation seems like there's two categories, Male and Female and we were born to be stuck in eiter one. Now perhaps when we look at sex, I guess you can look for x chromosomes and Y chromosomes, and make a determination as to what you are. But when we look at gender, the screen gets a bit fuzzier. You may have Male on one side representing black, and Female on the other side representing white, with many different (and lovely) shades of grey in between. I prefer to play in the grey, I like it there. When I dress up, I decide what's woman enough. I don't have to go all the way to the white, and when I dress in drab, I don't have to go all the way to the black. Everyone likes to blame society for making you feel uncomfortable, they may have a valid point, but not a perfect one. When you look at home remodeling shows, the women are using the hammers and drills while limp wristed males walk around putting a lisp in every word with an S. We're seeing shows where men bake cakes and design and sew clothing. We're seeing women in auto racing. Even at the amature level. (I race on Saturday nights at a local oval track). We've seen women in politics-even at the presidential level. Nowadays, women can just as easily be the breadwinner in their family as the man. Men are participating more in child rearing. I think in the 50's maybe society was the go to excuse, but it isn't the excuse that it once was.

I guess my point is, that when it comes to gender-there really isn't a defined place that everyone has to be--and if you don't like where you are you have to go to a completely new place. I think that you should find your place in the grey, and be comfortable and happy with yourself.

I recently read in an old book, a line I enjoy. "Sex is between the legs, Gender is between the ears". When I dress, I don't try to be a woman, just a bit more of a woman and a bit less of a man. A bit more of the white and a bit less of the black.

Personally, I think crossdressers have the best of both worlds. We can decide to be different shades of grey all in the same day, while some people have their feet firmly planted in a color and can never experience anything else comfortably. I don't shave my arms--I just don't decide to go that white. I do shave my legs--that's a bit less black.

Physically I'm a male. When it comes to gender-I'm male leaning. And I like it that way.

The nice thing about subjects like this, is that no one is wrong...
    Staci
    Last edited by ME2.0; 12-07-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Another wonderful sincere story that was interesting and enjoyable to read! Do I want to be a woman? Heck YES! For as far back as I can remember I wanted to be female! Why I do not know! Fifty plus years nothing has changed that desire!I have tried many different things and nothing makes the desire go away! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Frédérique... You have an artists soul wrapped up in the loins of a very much masculine albeit sensitive mind.

Reading your "Love Letters" in the writers section was insightful because you move toward women as a man with all the healthy appetites of a male.

Passion,lust,worship,adoration combined with the intensity and fire of a sensitive deeply felt heart.
    Men who write words like this build monuments to women, start wars over them, dedicate their undying love to them. It would not be possible to simultaneously write those words and want to be a woman,they are mutually exclusive.

I am beginning to understand that crossdressing can be an extreme form or expression of masculinity just as easily as it can be an extreme form or expression of femininity. It is an umbrella that covers the duality of masculine and feminine decided by each depending on their relationship to the opposite sex. Ultimately in it's purest form crossdressing is a tool. Thank you for helping me along the path to enlightenment. I am now one step closer to an unknown destination.

All I can say is...it's nice to have options!

In short, the answer is yes I would, and no CDing isn't enough. But it's complicated. I would like to have been a GG, from the start, but I can't. At this point, I could opt for transition, but still, that wouldn't make a GG out of me. So, I stay a gender dysphoric GM. Diffrently from many, I don't enjoy crossdressing as there's a lot of anguish associated with it. But I do it. It's not a thrill, but an absolute necessity in order to express my femininity, and make me feel a little bit closer to what I should have been from the beginning.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]BTW, my thanks to Miss Lake, who unwittingly provided the catchy title…[/SIZE]
    I thought it looked familiar.

As I told my wife, I have the best of both worlds right where I'm at. I'm a guy. A lazy, scruffy guy. To be sure, some of that is rather societally enforced; Guys don't pay attention to their appearance, and don't wear clothes that are sheer or have nice colors/textures/ruffles, etc. lest the public be suspicious of their manhood. But at times, I get to dress up. I get to wear pretty things. I get to play with makeup and hair. I get to interact with the world in a manner that is usually denied to me. In other words, I get to have the options that are usually denied to me. Where is the downside in this, exactly? Well, sure - I have to keep it a secret from family and friends. I am looked at from an unknowing society as a deviant and worse. It's not all sunshine and kittens. And yet, it is the life I choose. Why? Simple. Because it makes me happy.

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 12-08-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Methinks she doth protest too much! Freddy, we can always count on you for such provocative, thoughtful, mind-bending questions...speaking for myself, of course I wish I had been born a woman, there'd have been no shades of gray (love ME2.0's description) for me, I'd have been a total girlie-girl, considering how strong and persistent my feminine side is in this body, but alas it wasn't meant to be, so I've made the best of the crappy hand mother nature dealt me by taking every opportunity to experience life as a would-be woman whenever I can. That said, I'm with you Freddy in that I draw the line this side of hormones and surgery, which would begin the process of altering me from man to woman, although I respect and admire those who have taken themselves there, I've built a very nice life for myself as a man, there are relationships that are very important to me (not to mention the income that keeps me in skirts and dresses) and the truth is there are some very good things about being a guy that I could never give up entirely. Back to ME2.0's gray scale: for me, when I'm expressing my female side I go all out and aspire to the lightest shade of gray possible, and when I'm a guy I'm all guy (yes I shave my body totally, which is where most athletes are these days, but I've never pierced my ears) so under-dressing or the andygenous look are not for me. Thanks again Freddy for making me think about all this! Cissy

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    I am beginning to understand that crossdressing can be an extreme form or expression of masculinity ...
    What a horrible, original thought. That's going to be on my mind all day. It deserves a thread of its own.

Lea

Banned Read only
    I'm medically in the middle with fallopian tube development and ovaries but with functioning male genitalia.

I was raised as male and found it disgusting in every aspect.

Do I want to be a man? The answer is that I'm disgusted that I even have a "Y" in my chromosome makeup to answer the question.

As a woman of this interesting past I have had the rare opportunity to see social interactions via both genders.

The one thing I have a huge disgust for is how women act submissive to men.

The only thing I ever wanted to do with a man is to hold him down, have sex with him then kick his loser @ss out of my house.

I did that a few zillion times then moved on to a real relationship with a GG.

Would I ever want to be a man? If I was ever forced to present as male again I would commit suicide before that ever happened.

Julia

Freddy, your description of a guy's relationship to clothing, sports, tools, ect. gave me a huge laugh. Very well done!

I was reminded of "The Man Code": rules that every man needs to live by. The first time I saw this I couldn't stop laughing, and my sons didn't understand why I thought it was so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]I don’t expect females to understand where I’m coming from, but I most emphatically do not want to BE a woman. You can all relax. Playing dress-up is a pleasant yet serious diversion, a necessary technique for dealing with one’s male existence – since (tragically) I wasn’t born female, I can only deal with approximations, half-measures, abstractions, and passable representations. I mean no disrespect to women, and I crave sympathetic understanding from everyone…[/SIZE]
    You have my respect and sympathetic understanding.

We only disagree on the definition of transgender.
    Reine

Great thread Freddy, and I couldn't agree more.....although hmmm maybe the grass is greener on the other side???

Gosh, sympathetic understanding from everyone....what a line!! AND, I wish I had it
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 12-08-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar
    Nice thread! I would choose to be a bio woman if I would have this mystic choice - but in the moment crossdressing (including fake breasts sometimes) is enough and I like my male side, too - including practicing martial arts. But there are really days I wish I would awake as a woman.

I cannot abnegate a huge number of advantages of being a man in our society and probably even by biology - so maybe becoming more female would be somehow analytically not the best idea ^^ - on the other hand becoming more emotional and a little bit submissive is actually what is happening with me anyway. But well, I do not know if I would really enjoy the female cycle, less strength, being more vulnerable (I know, there are many good things, too!!!) - I mean crossdressing and being male gives me the change to switch, if I need to. Also I can get strong just by wish again and solve situations, which a woman maybe cannot handle that easy. Living the strong male role too often (of course there are other male roles, too), I start to dislike it on the other hand.

In sum - I don't really know ^^

But lets say, I cannot never know this answer, as long I do not try to live 24/7 as a woman for some time - which probably also needs the hard objective to pass. This unfortunately will not happen
    People thread you completely different, there so many things I do not know as a man about a woman, probably I know almost nothing. Going out dressed up gives me just a noisy hint and this is mixed with the reaction on obviously crossdressing...

So and as an emotional answer: I probably would like to be a woman. The analytical one would be "Heck-no!" ^^ - but well analytically, why do I crossdress, so analytical answer are not applicable
    Last edited by Sophiewouldbenice; 12-08-2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Studying nature (since 8 years) but still figuring myself out (since 18 years ^^ - should have started earlier)

Korean music is cool and girly: Orange Caramel, Girls Generation, Kara

F.

Hell No! I dont want to be a women.I just want to dress up like the most beautiful one this world has ever seen.Wow! What a statement.Being
    born male makes that statment even the more fantastic.Not that I cant pull off being beautiful but being cd one knows his limitations.

Being male for me has been very hard.Every year of this life and on every level I have tried to accomplish the complex variables of maleness.
    I remember gym class in the tenth grade (flashback), the other boys playing basketball, running and shooting baskets, and me, in short shorts,
    my teeshirt rinkled, eyes squinting because my glasses were in my locker, wanting to be asked to take a shot just like the other boys.But somehow
    they and I knew that sports were not going to be my calling.One time I was allowed to shoot the ball, one of the older teens said "let Dana shoot
    the ball". I did, and although I was standing only three feet away, I missed the basket by at least five feet...I never tried again.But being female,
    at least dressing as one, has allowed me to find out where, on this planet, I can fit in.People go their entire lives without finding themselves
    and wind up drinking or using drugs or very lonely.

thank you Frederique for being a sober voice and the defacto conscience of this forum.......dana
    Dana is my real name

Great writing Freddy. No, I don't want to be a woman either. If I was a woman, I might hate wearing a bra, hate havng to put on make-up. I'd have to fuss over my hair every day. Then I'd have to decide on what to wear, a dress, skirt, shorts, capris, or jeans. Now pick out the top to wear with whatever I decided on below. Oh, I might have to wear a darn slip too. it would take me hours just to get out of the house! Then, to be fashionable, I'd have to wear those sometimes painful high heels just to go to work or the mall. I would probably never have the shear thrill of the different fabrics against my skin and take joy in how they feel. I'd just take it for granted and not enjoy it as much as I do as a man.
    No, I don't want to be a woman. I enjoy being a male and admiring women and emulate them to the best of my ability. I like the choices of dressing up or wearing the drab sloppy male garb when I want to or dressing in the most sensual and sexy feminine garments that women probably take for granted and don't enjoy the same way I do as a man. Of course the worst thing about being a woman, aside from her monthly friend, would be that I'd most likely want to be intimate with a man. Now that alone makes me glad I'm a man that adores women.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I am glad I am a man. I love women but I have no desire to become one.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Of course the worst thing about being a woman, aside from her monthly friend, would be that I'd most likely want to be intimate with a man. Now that alone makes me glad I'm a man that adores women.
    Don't knock it till ya try it!

Frédérique, I'm jealous. You say the things that I think much more ably than I. Your posts are always something that I look forward to reading.