Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst feeling ever

Worst feeling ever

Today I decided to put on a pair of thigh highs under my jeans at work for the first time in a long time. After a few hours I got up from my desk and had to walk to another office, so when I got out of my office I could feel one of the thigh highs slipping down. I next thing I know it's down around my knee. Now, I work at a shipyard and if anyone ever found out dress it would be devastating. I I went to the bathroom and adjusted both thigh high and about 10 steps later both down around mynknees again on the verge of coming out of my jeans. I have used this brand before and never had this issue. I was scared to death that one was going to come out of the bottom of my jeans.

Banned Read only
    The simple answer is to not do that again.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    The simple answer is to not do that again.

Julia
    I agree with Julia, thigh highs are fun, but it can clause you trouble in what your talking about. I would just say be careful sister, there is alot of guys out there need less than that to start causing trouble, i don't want to see a sister here get hurt Hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I would have practised by walking around at home first.

You live and learn girl. You won't do that again!

SUZY

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've had the same problem. Panty hose would be better.
    Dana Ryan

Good place for Polident denture adhesive--a band around each thigh. You could always get a garter belt; anyhow what is the problem--you are wearing them for warmth, right?

Aspiring Member
    I have had the same problem. So, as Dana said -go with pantyhose the next time.
    Diane Elizabeth

I've never been able to wear thigh hi's more than once because after that the elastic always gives way. I do like wearing them though - but they get to be so expensive at that pace!

I had that problem once, bought a garter belt, never happened again! And I love the feeling of the garter belt as well!

When I was roofing back in the 80's, I would wear pantyhose under my jeans to keep warm. One of the crew saw them, said something about it, and I replied respectively. He than asked an older worker about it, and he said," sure I've done it too when I got no long johns". Later in life I went to thigh highs and only had them slip down one. like your incident. I tucked mine down in my socks until I got home...I was building decks on houses than...around 99. I figured out that the elastic band on top was worn out.

Aspiring Member
    What I have to do occasionally with my thigh highs between washings is moisten the rubber lining at the top with water to re-add some tackiness to it. At this point I know that they need washing because body oil has coated the rubber causing it to lose its grip.

Silver Member
    Another use for duct tape! A little tough during removal! It could help to if you were discovered. they might give you a pass since you used duct tape for a garter!

Although I have only recently started cross dressing there was an incident in 1995 when I was working security in a rural town and it would get savagely cold. I had new guy learning the route and he asked me what I wore to keep warm. I said I wore a singlet, T-Shirt, work shirt, civilian jumper, Military jumper and my cortex jacket on top and Three pairs of woollen socks, pantihose, tracksuit pants and cargo drills below, with gaiters over my boots. He didn't say anything and we finished the run. The next night before shift a college of mine came up to me with a big grin. He said the new bloke didn't want to go out on the run with me. I asked why and he said "pantihose".
    I said "what about them?"
    My college laughed and said "The new bloke wasn't too happy when I told him I preferred women's tights personally."

Experienced this problem yesterday. Was wearing thigh highs under my pants while playing golf, but my pants and socks kept the left thigh high from showing as it fell to sock level. I have found that the Haines Silk Reflections, with the narrow band hold up much better than any others I wear. Have never had the problem when dressed. Only when playing golf or doing something that is very active.

My SO disclosed to me on our first date that her thigh-highs began to fall down. This occurred at a concert held after dinner in a large convention center hall. She was terrified that everything would come crashing down, poor dear. It was a fairly formal event and there were several people there we both knew. Not a great situation, but she somehow survived it.

I can't remember what we did but it just reminded me that this can even happen to GGs.

I'd go with pantyhose.

I have worn thigh highs numerous times before this and never had this issue. I am not sure why this happened on this occasion. With pantyhose thigh I get the waist band rolling down which is more annoying in my opinion.

The type I have always have 2 or three rubber rings, once wet, they just don't let go, so I rinse my finger and rub it all around the rubber rings...It grips so hard sometimes, that when time to take them off, it left a red mark, and stung a bit, but goes away fast.
    Toodles,

Trudy Evonne
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

Unless your legs are shaved, thigh highs will not stay up well.
    Hair will cause them to slip.
    Not sure if that is the problem.

That's easily fixed. Stop wearing jeans!! You wouldn't have that problem if you wore a skirt!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Thigh highs always pose that problem. After 1 or 2 times they start to slip. Go with nylons or tights, in the cold climate of WI I found leggings feel great beneath my jeans and they keep me warm too.

Dont forget the garter belt next time

Just one word Emily, duct tape. Okay that's two words, sorry. Actually, make sure you picked the ones with the silicone strips on the inside at the top. I think they're called stay ups while the others require a garter belt, but I'm thinkin you already knew that. In that case, I'd go with spanx control hose and never worry about them falling down....

Renne.....

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaeflowers View Post
    When I was roofing back in the 80's, I would wear pantyhose under my jeans to keep warm. One of the crew saw them, said something about it, and I replied respectively. He than asked an older worker about it, and he said," sure I've done it too when I got no long johns".
    I remember in the 70's?80's? there was a product for guys called Mantyhose...

Garter belt + it adds to the fun!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Underdressing:
    All of the problems, none of the excitement!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!