Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self esteem

At some point in my life I had low self esteem, but I do not think I suffer from that now. I am very critical of myself and of course at some point I did question myself for my Crossdressing. Now I know that I am no worse or better human being for my crossdressing, that allows me concentrate in living my life and not on thinking what would other people say. I do not leave the closet for practical reasons like the conservation of my job and the peace of mind of my family.

i don't think the two are connected. but i had low self-esteem for many years. still do to a certain extent, but working on it. i have to own the fact that i am very different and own it. being tg is only one part of it.
    man, i feel like a woman

Banned Read only
    According to some, I've always and still have the absolute lowest self esteem possible. Depression essentially.

I do not dress to be a passive female though.

Yes I did as a child. Yes I think I am not as good as I could be now (I am a perfectionist from I am told and if things don't come easy I get frustrated easily) and yeah maybe my female self has a higher opinion of herself than my male side does. But is it the reason I dress? No.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Miss SH
    Ummhhh - interesting question - as a gg with life long self esteem issues this is very interesting to me.
    Simply because if low self self esteem may be a cause for cding, ( as suggested,) wouldn't I be feeling compelled to dress as a male? I'm not trying to cause an internet riot - but?
    Let me calrify where I'm coming from - I'm an overweight, (whole of my life,) British born gg who spent many years feeling extremely inadequate because of this. I even paid privately for gastric bypass surgery becasue I felt so helpless and wretched.
    I admit that in my work/business life - I am a completely different person. Confident, succesful etc. But put me in a pub with just me and my lovely tv husband and he is the one that can talk to anyone - certainly not me. ( Not as bad as I used to be.)
    So I have to say - wouldn't I have cding female to male if this was the case?
    Maybe its the other way around? The need to cd as a youngster caused the delf esteem? As in me the lack of confidence due to my weight issues caused the serious inability to be able to interact with other people? ( I felt they would judge me based on how I looked. Maybe for cds its the low self esteem comes from "if you only knew how I really felt."
    I'm not trying to cause offence to anyone but its another perspective.
    By the way - please excuse my poor spelling and grammer in this post - in UK its 24.05 pm on a Friday night with weekend off and and I've drank the best part of a bottle of good wine all to myself. This affects spelling and grammer.
    XX

I don't think I have ever suffered from low self-esteem. When I discovered that I enjoyed wearing women's clothes as a child I certainly didn't understand it and certainly went to great lengths to hide it. Until I discovered that I was not alone in my enjoyment of wearing silky underthings, I always was kind of ashamed. Now I'm no longer ashamed and I certainly have never been passive!

Interesting content here, with a wide variance in responses. No right answer here . A young male given to a passive response to external stimuli, may learn about a female side to their personality. Never the less that discovery is of no value on the boys playground,gym class,school bus, or classroom. When imagination meets discovery of silk, satin and lace against their own skin it's HI-HO and away we go. Truly apples and oranges in thought processing. No scientific data to back this up, just my own gut feeling. Low self esteem has been with me since pre- school experiences, success breeds success and good self esteem. Repititous failures leads to low self esteem absolutely.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    Yes. Yes. I don't feel passive when I dress. Paranoid and nervous, yes. Passive, no.
    And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is why I am a closet dresser! Nothing but a full of myself, unadulterated, uninhibited, sexy, maybe even naked, Sherry! Going out dressed? I'm like Aeron! NOT QUITE as much fun!

As to the thread heading, if I had esteem issues, I'd never have posted any of Sherry's rediculous photos here to begin with!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My self esteem has always been fair, not a Master of the Universe but still above the level of whale poop. As a woman I am confident and belive I look better than I do as a man.