Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know if I'll be able to go back...

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Don't know if I'll be able to go back...

I shaved my legs for the first time on October. I can't get over how good freshly shaved legs feel! My wife has been doing my back with Nair for over a year, and I have been shaving my armpits every winter for several years now. Now that my wife knows about my dressing, I figured I'd see what it fealt like to shave my legs. Wow, what a feeling!
    The problem is, I don't know how I can go back letting the hair grow again. I have an epilator, and I can't even let it grow long enough to use that. I look forward to shaving my legs in the shower (nothing seems more feminine to me), and the way they feel afterwards. I had a minor medical procedure yesterday, and I was a little nervous about my freshly shaved legs sticking out under the gown. No one seemed to notice, but all the nurses were admiring my lionfish tattoo on my calf.

I travel to the Caribean a few times a year, and there is nothing I hate worse that rubbing sunscreen on hairy areas...kind of like nails on a blackboard to me.
    I am most concerned about the reactions of my 2 adult daughters. They do not know about my dressing, nor do I want them to. I do a lot of bike riding, and I figure I can either use the bike riding thing, or the fact that I don't want my tattoo covered with hair. I have seen that many men are shaving armpits because it drastically reduces BO, so that is not really an issue.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I have been shaving everything for quite some time now. My arms and hands were the last thing and I shaved them and then let it grow back for summer and short sleeved shirts. This spring I couldn't bring myself to let it grow back so I just kept shaving them. I'm sure there have probably been some people notice but nobody has said a word. I am ready to have laser and electrolosys as soon as I can to get rid of all of it I can. Your bicycle riding is a perfect reason and if anyone asks you can just tell them you like it better without the hair. There are a lot of men who don't have much body hair or are getting rid of it now. So do what you want and don't worry about what other people think.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Aspiring Member
    For about 9 months a year I wear nothing but shorts and I have been shaving my legs for over 10 years and I have not had anyone inquire about my smooth legs for the last couple of years and I remember replying to inquires that yes I do shave them and when asked why I would say because my wife likes them that way.

Other than my head, my body is completely shaved. Oh, by the way, I teach high school p.e. and coach so my legs and arms are visible to many people on a daily basis. I would never think of letting my body hair ever grow out again.

i shave my legs all the time too, and no one has eversaid anything about it...if anyone would say anthing, i would just say you like the feeling....there is nothing wrong with smooth legs..i love it , because it makes my legs look great..and i love the feel....

wendy

I've been hairless for years, 365! I wouldn't think of going back! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Thumbs up I vote: "You never "can" go back now?

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    Wow, what a feeling!
    Well, PT, you've got all the bases covered. Speaking from experience, I vote: "You never "can" go back now?

Prettytoes you have the best reason in the world to shave your legs, the bike riding. Go with that, and enjoy.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I have to agree with you freshky shaved legs still one of the best sensations there is. No way back but you new that already.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar

Re: Don't know if I'll be able to go back....So.....DON'T!

I shaved my legs at the beginning of this past summer for the first time and the only person who ever noticed was my daughter (to whom I eventually came out) I'm not into any sport, or have any excuse about why I do shave them. If I'm ever asked, I plan on saying that I simply can't stand hairy legs.

Why go back? You've come this far.....
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I've shaved everything from my ears on down for years. Mostly nobody notices. On the rare occasion that someone says something, I just smile and don't reply. My personal hygene is my business and no one else's.

hi prettytoes i know how you feel i started shaving my legs about the same time and i just love the feel of them.

wendy xxx

If it’s any help my adult daughter spotted my lack of hair a few months ago and I told her I don’t like a hairy body [told her no more than that] and she was fine with it.

I first started shaving my legs about 3 years ago and fell in love with it! I just hate how long it takes me start to finish which is why I don't really stay on top of it like I should. No one has ever asked me about shaving my legs and was doing that in Iraq and Qatar. I do know that if I was asked and depending on the context of the question (serious vs smartass) I would simply say that Tampa is hot and shaving my body keeps me cool.

I honestly don't care if people ask me about my shaved legs or the clothes I wear or about my painted nails or the earrings I wear. By them stopping to ask questions, they are either wasting their time or being sincere which gives me an opportunity to talk about it and grow. Either way they are both thinking about me as I go on my way to enjoy the rest of my day .

Yep, once shaved, it is practically impossible to go back to yucky, icky hair. As for a reason why you shave, on the rare occassion anyone may ask, you could just simply and politely respond "because I like to," and leave it at that. Providing this reason has worked for me, it is truthful, and I have not had any problems. I cannot take credit for this advice, though. The advice comes from Eryn. I have but merely followed it, and graciously so.

never going back

I started shaving daily back in October and I do not think I can go back either. I having my legs smooth and it feels great in a pair of hose with a skirt. I shaved in the summer when I went out as Sarah. I will not go back either. I love my pretty legs and pretty toe nails. But what girl doesn't lol.

Aspiring Member
    Prettytoes,
    After only shaving my legs from late fall through early spring, I now shave them (and my underarms) year round. On Saturday mornings I enjoy sitting on the tub and shaving them as close as possible. Additionally, I will usually shave them in the shower around midweek. I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seems that the hair doesn't grow back as quickly - perhaps aging or moisturizer.
    Since shaving year round I have pretty much given up wearing shorts except when riding bike. This doesn't bother me, as I am fair skin and hate sun burn.
    Suzy - I like your response to your daughter.
    Michele

I hear you girl - I NEVER want hair on my legs again and shave them everyday in the shower (really makes me feel like a total woman when I do that). In fact, I shave all of my body hair completely, other than the hair on my head, I can say that I pretty much have no hair anywhere on my body and absolutely LOVE it. At first I was very apprehensive about shaving my legs during the summer as I wear shorts, but after some encouragement from the gals on this form I decided to go for it and now I can't go back to hairy legs,. Body hair is just so yucky, eeeew!

There is a fashion amongst younger males to get rid of body hair. My advice... don't be embarrassed... just say you don't like it and have decided the fresh look feels better! Nuff said!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I know the answer to your question and the answer is no, you will not be able to go back. Almost any answer will keep the kids happy as they really don't care either way.

As a song I heard says.... "you can never go home anymore"
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hate shaving .... love the result. Going to start waxing when it grows long enough. But I agree totally with pretty toes, once gone you want to stay gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Totally agree with you on this one, no hair is the way to go. Nair is awesome, have used it for the past few years. When you put on sunscreen without shaving it is not a nice feeling to say the least. My two daughters know that is why I shave my legs in the summer. Especially if you cycle all the more reason to shave your legs. Next year I will shave armpits, arms the whole lot. Nothing beats being freshly shaven.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Am taking the leap this weekend, and looking forward to joining all the girls in the deep end on this one.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

It's been ~15 years since I shaved my body. But I shaved my whole body today and 1.5 hrs later I'm feeling better than ever. I don't intend to go back and neither should you. Do what makes you.

Enjoy the Caribean!

Tanga

Shortly after joining this chat club, I went bare. It was early in the summer. One of my biological replacements said something and I think I said that I stood too close to the camp fire once and it never grew back. It was all I could think of at the time. But you're right, once it's off you never want it back again... Now it only takes a touch up in the shower every couple of days or so. A little hair conditioner produces that oil for the triple blade to just slid over without a hitch. Nick myself once and then never again..

It just gets better.....

Renne.....