Thread: Well, I talked with her about it..

Smile Well, I talked with her about it..

I finally got up the courage to talk with my wife about my need to dress. It was stressful, but in the end she basically just said "yeah I knew that about you." I was relieved that she was so understanding! She even offered to help me obtain clothes and take back the clothes that didn't fit. That was a relief. She even agreed to paint my toenails for me tonight! I can't wait.

She did have some requests of me, namely that this be something I do at home for now. Her concerns are valid: she doesn't want me getting hurt and she doesn't want to create problems for our family. I agree with her: just because I'm ready to embrace my female nature doesn't mean society is.

I'm incredibly lucky that my wife understands. I know there are lots of girls who don't have the understanding at home they need. I'm so thankful that she's willing to be my wife AND a girlfriend! I feel free, being able to be who I am.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    That is awesome! I have been so much happier since I am able to express myself at home. You will love looking down and seeing pretty colors on your toes! So much more fun than boring un-painted toenails. And panties are so much more comfortable than men's underwear.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Very cool. Now that she has offered to help you and do your nails, you'll have to do some nice things for her. You could learn how to do her nails, there are some little tricks that she probably could teach you. Have fun!
    Dana Ryan

That's fantastic news!

Now, BE CAREFUL. It can be ever so easy to overwhelm your wife at this point. For you, it's a dam breaking, a release, a massive outpouring of relief that she finally knows, accepts, and you can be you.

Your wife has had the tiniest bit of time to adjust to this.

HOLD BACK. Go slow, talk, don't overwhelm her.

And buy her the nicest bunch of flowers you can.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I agree, don't drop her into the middle of your "pink fog".

Banned Read only
    Congratulations. You will have a sense of relief from now on that you couldn't have imagined. Always remember to let your wife set the boundaries and talk about it often.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Glad it went well for you.

Indeed, and please, remind her how much she means to you.

A beautiful little story! Thank you for sharing! Now go grow together! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Thank you for this wonderful story. I am in the first week of my wife accepting me. Go slow. Let her set the pace. Dont expect her acceptance to be the same from day to day. Give her all the love she needs, and then double it. this is an emotional rollercoaster for the both of you. Dont go too far with your desires. She is a wonderful person, and it is your responsibility to keep her that way. You have dropped the change bombshell on her, and she is changing her perceptions of her life, and she will be questioning your role in that life. Stay a part of it and communicate more than you ever have.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Congratulations! You must have a very sweet wife. You have already started talking about boundries and groundrules, that's good. Those are necessary to maintain a healthy relationship with her. In time, the boundries can expand when she (and you) feels more secure. Go slow and beware the pink fog.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

You are a very lucky girl. Let the journey begin.

You are lucky.
    Keep the communucation lines open.

Hay does you wife have a accepting sister? LOL

Wow, congratulations on your courage and your luck. Cherish that lady!

Congrats on your wife's tolerance. As the others say, don't push, as she may turn hostile.

There is a very good sticky at the top of the Loved Ones section entitled Now I Like it, Now I Don't or something to that effect. It's recommended reading.

I love and love to read about a loving SO. thanks for sharing and like the girls said, make sure she feels loved and confident ^ ^
    congrats girl! ^ ^
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]