Thread: What to wear to work?

What to wear to work?

Hi everybody, this is my first post. Sorry for being a short one, I've been out of work a few months and don't have internet beyond my cell.

Well I finally got a new job and I start in a week. I've only recently begun dressing in outer wear and venturing out. So now poses the thought, what to wear to work.

I don't want to risk my job of course but I want to have some fem expression. I know I can underdress and I plan on it. I'll likely wear hose, cami and panties.

I'd also like to paint my nails, I was thinking of a flesh tone so its not obvious from across a conference room table.

Can anyone give me some ideas on what to wear that wouldn't risk my job? I thought of women's dress pants but my wife thinks that's obvious.

Thank you in advance and thank you for this site!

Depends on your work.
    I love wearing gg jeans, nothing to feminine and lacy. I wear them a lot.
    A nice crew shirt, something nice and I would say yes to some nice maybe 2-3" black boots.
    What are U thinking?
    Definately underdress, panties, corset and maybe some padding?

Welcome.

It would help to know what kind of work you are doing and who you will interact with. Also, some indication (without specifics if you prefer) of the type of company you will be working for.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Great questions, sorry I realize I should have been more specific.

It'll be in a corporate office environment, probably mostly men but I don't know for sure.

I don't think I could get away with any heels as that's a definite giveaway. Or a shirt with buttons. I also want to get a coat but the wife feels I should stick with men's everything on the outside.

I agree with your wife, better to know the environment first and then start dressing as you see fit.

the boss hired a guy or a chick ?
    dress as how the boss hired you. then figure it out latter.

This is simple for me to respond to. Listen to your wife! She knows best. I would not wear anything that hints about you being a CD. That is unless you want to be out of work again. Leave your dressing at home and just wear panties if you have to. In this screwed up economy, it makes no sense to risk your job...or your wife if the pink fog is so strong that you out yourself out of a job. Sorry if I come across strong, but the reality is it could get you fired. Especially in the first 90 days of employment. They don't even need a reason beyond it's not working out. At least in this state, it's a trial period. My job is a whole lot more important then even wearing panties or anything feminine for that matter. Face facts, even if legally they can't fire you for wearing feminine clothes to work, you might be working with a bunch of very un-accepting people, and in time, just find another reason to let you go. We are not accepted by the general public and it will be a long time before we will...if ever. So use common sense and keep your job by being the man they hired.
    Last edited by BRANDYJ; 12-10-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Your wife is right! This probably isn't the first time.

If you sold yourself as a man on the outside, be a man on the outside. You still have girl power on the inside!

Tanga

I admit I agree with her and all of you. I would like to know about the nails though. Is that pushing it? Even a simple flesh color or something?

Quote Originally Posted by missyatl View Post
    I admit I agree with her and all of you. I would like to know about the nails though. Is that pushing it? Even a simple flesh color or something?
    In my opinion, YES, it's pushing it. It might not out you as a CD, but if nothing else, they might label you as being gay. If that does not bother you or your wife, then go for it. Gays are more accepted these days then crossdressers. But be aware you are risking your job. Most men (and some women) will be laughing at you... at least behind your back. Could cause problems....and indirectly, loss of a job. Not worth it!

depends on how long you would like to work there. Stick with the wife's opinion. She is far more level headed than you about this. If you were hired as a male, I would suspect the workplace is expecting a male to come to work.

Missyatl, listen to the girls ^ ^ don't risk your job. the way you showed at your job interview is the way you're supposed to show to work. feel safe in your new environment before making a risky move. ;x
    Last edited by taís; 12-11-2011 at 12:09 AM.
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Oh hell, why sweat it? Make a stop at the MAC store and get a makeover, then on to the salon to get your hair or wig done and don't forget the mani and pedi, get all dolled up in your sexiest dress, thigh highs and garters, 6" stripper heels and make an impression they won't forget .

Really, if they hired you as a man they expect a man to arrive. Do not push the limits.

I considered wearing a skirt to the interview in order to be up front with them but didn't want them to not consider me.

I'm ok underdressing, what do you suggest?

If you really need the job, I would avoid displaying yourself in high heels, net stockings, skirt, blouse, bra, or things that are lacey, wig, makeup, nail polish, earings, nose studs, false eyelashes, and anything else that might create an impression that you will not fit into the company's idea of a normal employee. Take a hiatus at least until you are an "essential" employee. Listen to your wife.

Let's look at this realistically: Finally back to work after months of unemployment. It's a new position with people who don't know you and you don't know them. Dress for success (9 to 5 business). Get to know the people and their opinions before you start pushing the envelope. Listen to your wife and leave your purse at home. Besides if you are there long enough they just might have a Halloween party.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

Follow your dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    depends on how long you would like to work there. Stick with the wife's opinion. She is far more level headed than you about this. If you were hired as a male, I would suspect the workplace is expecting a male to come to work.
    100% agree. New employees are usually on some sort of probation for the first few months. They can "let you go" very easy.

Warning: the boss who hired you could feel embarassed for making a bad hiring decision if you cause any uncomfortable situations at work. It is not worth it!

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Are you more intrested in making a paycheck or make'n a statement?

Invite the boss over for dinner, and wear your best! if it goes well then GREAT, If not you will have made your statement outside the workplace.

I did underdress at work for at least 20yrs.
    You must rembember_ WHAT IF.
    Listen to your wife, She KNOWS what's up with the corperate world
    and jobs aint easy to find anymore!!!

The ladies are right, Missyatl. Forget about the hose, cami, and nail polish, as these can be visible either by show-through or telltale bulges.

If you have panties that are invisible and show no VPL under your work clothes, that is as far as I would go. No further. Anything else is asking for trouble, IMHO.

There's plenty of time outside work hours to indulge in crossdressing.

Aspiring Member
    I agree with your wife about the choice of dress. I didn't have to read too far (I got the first clue about looking across the conference table) to realize that you were employed in a corporate environmet. As much as we would like to believe that your success will based upon performance, your success will also be tied to your ability to "network" with your coworkers and the people that your corporation works with. Just like when we are dressed enfemme, we all need to remember to dress appropriately for the occasion and environment. I think it would be prudent for you to follow the same rules when in drab. We have all heard the term "Dress for Success" and I think that it should be your goal until you are President or CEO or start your own company.