Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being Tall and Wearing High Heels

Being Tall and Wearing High Heels

Do you wear high heel shoes if you are tall? I would think that you would look too tall with heels. What do you think and how high of a heel can you wear without giving yourself away?

Banned Read only
    Lots of tall women wear heels, so don't worry.
    ... just as long as you can walk in them properly,
    that's what counts.

Mary Hart ( TV personality ) I think is 6 foot 2 or something.

I'm 6'0" and wear either a 3" or 3 1/2" heel. If you've got it flaunt it. If the package looks good no one will be asking what's inside.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

Height is no issue! If the heel fits, wear it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Height alone rarely leads to that "a-ha" moment in giving us away. Most of us have plenty of other traits that contribute nicely to that. So if you are tall, you might as well own it. Either that or wait until the aging process starts to shrink you.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Height alone rarely leads to that "a-ha" moment in giving us away. Most of us have plenty of other traits that contribute nicely to that. So if you are tall, you might as well own it. Either that or wait until the aging process starts to shrink you.
    i am 6'4" tal and wear 3" heels, i just love the feel of wearing them, I don't pass away, i can't out to much for where i live. But girls heels does change the way people look at you.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I travel all the time in my work and I see alot of tall ladies and mean around 6' or more wearing 4" or more heels all the time. I think it matters NONE. Go for it and enjoy yourself.
    Sara

Hey like the post from iamsara above I come incontact with lots of long tall women , I am 6.2 an sometimes when they have heels on I feel really small.

It's not about the hight it's about the confidence , the walk and the all over shape . There arclots of tall women out there with super high heels on so it's nit a problem , just get out there and enjoy

I can sure relate! At six foot six in barefeet, i am 6-9 or more in my heels. Where i live, there seems to be very few tall women, so i stick out like a scarecrow. I have a pair of 2 1/2" heels, which help some. Other than that, 4" . Cannot find flats in size 15 or 16. I know i always notice very tall women, because they are so few around here. Surely, a cd my siz, or yours, will draw attention.

issue of height is kind of two faced, on one hand super skinny and by standards of fashion-gorgeous, models are at least 5'-11''- 6'01'' barefoot, then if a crossdressing gurl is 5'8'' I suppose she can blend in better in the crowd in the trolly, in the rush hour, in the rain, wearing a rain coat with a cap...............as suppose to 6'4'' gal wearing 4'' heels standing alone at the bus stop .

But all said, it is the facial features which will out before any heel size will!

I go out on a regular basis and heel height is not an issue. I do avoid the stripper heels. Usually wear something in the 3-4 inch range heel. My wife and I came back from a dinner party last night and I went into a convenience store near home to get her a drink. I am 6 foot and no one gave me a second look in my skirt and top. Here is a photo from last week with my favorite strappy heels. It's your movement and attitude that attract much more attention.
    Sally sm.jpg
    Sally

I have high heels but have never worn them in public. Part of it is because I don't want to be any taller....but the more I went out in public the more I realized that comfortable shoes are where it's at, and I just don't get comfort at all in heels.

I walk to work through a financial district everyday and I notice that not a lot of professional women are wearing heels. Regardless of their height.

I'm more than happy wearing flats & Mary Janes in public.

Aspiring Member
    At 5'13", I decided long ago that: I'm going to look taller than most people, male or female, anyway; there are plenty of 6'+ GGs in the general population; they range from jock to femme in their presentations; being slender and well-proportioned matters a lot; posture and bearing matters a lot; mega-platform shoes are dumb on many levels; flats won't make you shorter; I love words like statuesque and willowy. Most of my shoes are 2-3" heels. pumps and dressy sandals. It's important to remember that heels change the shape of the legs and how they move. It's a lot easier to get that sassy hip sway in heels.

Most CDs need to work more on walking naturally in whatever they wear. Slouching along with your toes pointed to 10 & 2 is a dead giveaway, even if you're 5'6", beardless, and pretty. Watch and learn by imitating, slow down, take shorter steps, that kind of thing. Passing is all about establishing and maintaining ambiguity and doubt, unless you're the luckiest and most flawless CD ever..
    Last edited by Acastina; 12-11-2011 at 02:51 PM.

I'm 6 foot 3 and still wear high heels of most heights. Except, of course those ballet type shoes, with 6 inch heels. How the heck could I ever walk in those? LOL! My favourite shoes are the patent court shoes with 2 to 4 inch high heels. Love them to bits, the look, the feel and the wonderful clop clop sound they make when I walk on hard ground. Also, because I have extra large feet, size 14 to be precise, I buy my shoes from alternative-footwear.com. I think they cover most types of shoe there for large or extra large feet.
    Last edited by JCD568; 12-11-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Chimes View Post
    I'm 6'0" and wear either a 3" or 3 1/2" heel. If you've got it flaunt it. If the package looks good no one will be asking what's inside.
    I agree. I'm also 6'0" and wear either a 3" or 3 1/2" heel. If you can walk gracefully in heels, then wear them because they really make your legs look beautiful and sexy.

I share in certain traits found on the autism spectrum one of which is walking on the balls of my feet so heels actually help me walk in a way that feels natural because I prefer to be up on my toes but wearing heels in public is guaranteed to draw far more attention from others which for me is an unpleasant experience particularly if it is sexual in nature.

I am 5' 11" and I love high heels ...but i must say when you are already tall high heels make you really really stand out so you better have you game face on because you are gonna turn heads

These are 5 inch and have become my favorites....

Joann
    Attached Images Attached Images

According to Wikipedia the average White American Female is 5' 5" tall, the average Black American female is 5' 4 1/2" tall, and the average Hispanic female is 5' 2 1/2" tall, with an overall average of 5' 4 1/2". The respective Male ethnic group averages are 5' 10 1/2", 5' 10" and 5' 7", and 5'10" overall. As a percentile, for men 6'0" is about the 83rd percentile, and 6'3" is the 99th percentile. For women, the 99th percentile begins around a surprisingly short height of 5' 9" and even 5'6" is around the 80th percentile. A 6'0" tall crossdresser is already starting out 2" taller than the average man, and eyeball-to-eyeball or taller with 6 out of every 7 men she meets. She is also statistically likely to be 2-3 inches taller than every woman she meets. If a CD doesn't want to draw attention to herself and is more than 5' 9" tall then common sense dictates flats or low one inch wedge heels. If the CD doesn't care about blending then her height shouldn't be an issue in her choice of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    Do you wear high heel shoes if you are tall? I would think that you would look too tall with heels. What do you think and how high of a heel can you wear without giving yourself away?
    I was out last night with some friends and met this beautiful girl (one of us) that was easily over six foot wearing pretty 4 inch + heels! She was fabulous! Everybody gets read sometimes so why sweat the shoes?

I'm 6' 1" and I usually wear 4" heels. I agree that height isn't what outs you, it's the other little things. I focus on slowing down and taking small steps. Don't be in such a hurry. If you're shopping, browse, take your time & look at things. I'm getting to the point where if someone reads me... so what. I'm enjoying myself.
    ​Cindy

At 6'2" I usually stick with flats, but I do enjoy heels for special occasions. In fact, I wore 4" heels to a party yesterday evening and my feet and legs are telling me about it as I type!

I do see a fair number of tall GGs in heels, but I normally try to blend in and the extra three or four inches of height doesn't help. What I really need are reverse elevator shoes, ones that look like heels but keep my feet close to the floor!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I'm 5'12" and love my 3" and 4" heels.
    At first I was self conscious believing that everyone would "read" me if I wore them. Then I realized that most of the time in flats they were looking at me because I'm tall anyway, so it doesn't really matter and besides, I enjoy my heels. Nothing is more feminine than wearing a nice dress or skirt and some 4" heels.

Do it and enjoy yourself. Remember, there are millions of tall women out there (most every model) and they are all being looked at too, just because they are tall.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

may try some flats if i can find something i like, have enjoyed heels rough that i am already 6'.2". i purchased some 4 & 5 inch pumps there sweet, but take some getting use to.

I'm three inches north of six-feet and I usually wear heels around 3-1/2" up to 5". It's all about aspect ratio. Four-inch heels on a 6' tall woman are more proportional that on a lady that's 5'4". If you can expertly walk in them, it just doesn't matter how high the heel is. In this photo I'm wearing a pair of 5" with a 1/2" platform. They look normal to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As far as GG's go, it seems the taller he woman-the higher the heel. Why not for us girls too?

Lori Anne