Thread: interesting statment from wife

interesting statment from wife

I just have to tell someone about what my wifes statement last Monday. Little back story first, we both had the day off, we sent the kids off to school so she usually lets me get all dressed up while we are home alone, so I got dressed to the nines, nice shirt (that we purchased over the weekend), bra, forms, a short jean skirt, tights, boots, jewerly, makup, perfume, finger nails painted, I thought I was looking good. Anyhow we spent the morning together just doing stuff around the house, then she said that we needed to run some errands and asked me to go along but she wanted me to change, so I put on some womens socks, womens jeans and left my top on with forms, just put on sweatshirt, left my rings and necklace on and nail polish and washed off the makeup. We left with me dressed that way, eveything I was wearing would be considered womens clothes with my forms and they were not hidden very much. While we were out I figured out I was dressed just like her and most every female that I saw, so I decided to test the water and asked her if she would go out with me dressed up sometime. she said no, she did not think she would be able to do that. I then stated I was dressed just like her at that point. Where she then responded, your wearing jeans so your ok, I asked what she meant by that and she said that I took the skirt off and put jeans on so she was fine with the way I was dressed.

I found it great that she did not consider me to be dressed and it did not bother her how I was dressed but that the line was wearing a skirt or not, which she does not wear skirts at all so that may be where that line is coming from. Anyhow I just needed to tell someone so thanks for your time.

Platinum Member
    One thought is that perhaps your appearance in top, forms and jeans was appropriate to the situation. Women don't run errands "dressed to the nines".

I agree that it appears you have found a boundary with your wife but on the other hand, being able to go out dressed with her the way you were is still a win in my book!

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

It's nice that your wife accepts you the way you are! It's so easy to 'kill' the mood by being overdressed! Have fun and keep loving her! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    One thought is that perhaps your appearance in top, forms and jeans was appropriate to the situation. Women don't run errands "dressed to the nines".
    Depends on where you live; some of them do. But they're usually the nutty ones, so who cares.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Depends on where you live; some of them do. But they're usually the nutty ones, so who cares.
    I am NOT nuts! I just like to look good while doing my errands.

Your dressing is having an interesting effect on her by changing in her mind how she thinks you appear to others, what she thinks they will notice and possibly react negatively to. Dress between the sexes is increasingly becoming androgynous in many places, nail polish(depending on color), long hair, jewelry (depending on style) ect...but dresses, skirts,stockings and heels in most instances are still powerful symbols of the female sex. If we keep pushing the boundaries eventually we will all be free from fear.

You did say to removed the makeup and nothing was mentioned about your hair of if you were wearing a wig so in her defense I can imagine where you may have just looked like an accessorized male in her eyes rather than a guy in a dress

my clever saying here.... Mindy More's Avatar
    sounds like a partial win for you there. Very cool that your wife is into letting you dress in private. What kind of shoe's were you wearing during this expedition?

Silver Member
    I have to say that I would go for that boundary with my wife, that is not a bad place to be from where I sit

My wife has no problem with us going out if I wear jeans or slacks. She has said maybe some day in a dress or skirt.

I was not wearing a wig, I have one but she does not like it, so I just had my short hair. My fingernail polish was metalic pink and I was wearing womens hiking boots, next time I am going to see if I can wear my calf high boots and see what she says.

Tommorrow I am goin to get all dresse up, depending on the wx and go out and have some holloween fun, I will be by myself this time.

way cool - so next weekend it is you dressed to the 7 3/4s, sweet.

wait, I'm confused??

Women's Hiking Boots?? Are they not the same as men's only smaller sized? Splane Louise - please.
    Last edited by *Vanessa*; 10-30-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I think that's what so many CDers miss. Go out and look at women in public. Very seldom are they grocery shopping or pumping gas in heels and a mini skirt. Or even makeup for that matter.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    I was not wearing a wig, I have one but she does not like it, so I just had my short hair. .
    There's a simple solution to that problem. Take her with you to the wig store and have her pick out a wig that she likes on you.

For me (and perhaps just me), going out in public parially dressed (boobs but "man hair", for example) would just be really wierd. Dressing and having people wonder if I am a male or female is one thing, but being an obvious "man in a dress" is not something that I would want to do.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

womens hiking boots are the same as mens, usually differant colors and smaller.

I asked her if she would want to go get a wig for me that she liked an she said no so I say its out for now I just have to stay with my normal hair.

a little update, a week ago or so the wife and me went out again and I wore my calf high boots along with my normal female clothes and she did not say anything. today however I had by boots on again but I had a really tight feminane shirt on the showed I had boobs, I had a sweetshirt on that zipped and for most of the day it was unzipped so it was obvious I had breasts, I got one comment from the wife late in the day that she did not want me to wear that shirt again because it was "obviously blantent" her words that I had boobs, however she did not ask me to zip up or hide them, just not to wear that shirt again.

Talking This sounds an awful lot like my SO and me

Well, Dizzy, first of all, welcome to the forum. Second, this sounds an awful lot like my SO and me, except you are wearing "boobs?" Mine are for real, so that part is covered (pun intended), but otherwise, the skirt, wig and makeup part (more feminine like we CDers like ) is still beyond my SO's acceptance level. She, too, doesn't wear much in the way of full feminine stuff; it's mostly slacks, no high heels, et al.

But, we are progressing slowly, positively, smoothly and very nicely, and that is the most important part of this post (i.e., to let everyone see the different stages of our overall gradual (positive) CD development, I feel).

L&R

I have another update. my work schedule has been changed so I have Mondays off now, we had to take her truck to get new tires put on it which meant I had to take her to work at 5:00am, so I decided to test the makeup thing. Sunday night I put makeup on and then went to bed with it on, when she got me up to take her to work I got all dressed in female clothes and put on earrings and already had my rings and a necklace on and off we go to take her to work. Nothing was said about the makeup, so I thought I will try it again, so when I went to pick her up from work I put makeup on again, a light foundation, light eyeshadow, mascara and some color on my checks and some lip gloss, it is daytime so I did not want to look like I was heading to the bar, the make up was not obvious but you could tell. So I go pick her up dressed in my girl clothes with the makeup to see what she says. The only differance from the morning to the afternoon was I did not wear the earrings. She gets in and she says nothing in fact we went and ran a bunch of errands, I left the makeup on all night and nothing was said. I later asked if she even noticed and she said yea, it looked good. another win.