Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Shave?

I just love the feeling putting on a dress or skirt with my body completely smooth. It feels divine, totally feminine to me. Even wearing guy clothes it feels better having smooth legs, body under my jeans, blothes, it has a fresh feeling that i never get tired of. Not to mention silky lingerie feels so much better after shaving, =) Also using lotions take some time and i have to time it just right so that burning sensation dosent happen. Had some bad experiences with that..heh.

Elana

First off, I want to state that I HATE shaving. It doesn't matter where I am shaving, I hate having to do it. I shave my legs, underarms, chest, and well, a bit lower. I do it for a number of reasons. Part is that it simply feels feminine to do so. Next, I love how much more I can feel when I have no hair. It is amazing the difference in sensation. I notice that I'm less stinky when shaved. And, well, it's just so darned sexy to arch my legs in the bath or shower as I draw my razor upward. IDK, it just makes me feel girly and happy do be shaved.

Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    Is it the soft, sensuous, warm, luxurious tactile feeling of smooth, frictionless skin that you so seek and desire?
    Oh yes

Does removing your hair bring you closer to some inner sense of femininity, the woman within, thereby placing more distance between you and your own innate, congenital masculinity?
    Yes it brings me closer to my feminity, but I dont place any distance between me and my masculinity. Men's eyes love to watch epilated legs, and their warm hands love to cuddle them. My male self loves my female self to take care of herself.

Does the act of denuding your skin of unwanted, unnecessary hair awaken and stimulate your sense of self, and your self’s sense of exciting, provocative inspiration?
    Yes

Do you find the act of swimming against the current and cutting across the grain to be liberating, and a release from the hairy shackles of society?
    Yes

Chewies sister-moulted!
    It has to be cleanliness .......... and also the feeling of being freshly shaven , speshly with moisturised legs in stockings ...........
    I've remarked on it before - men have been to the moon and back ( apparently) but no clever egg head has had the notion to produce a body moulting pill .
    Just think , one a month take it on a Friday night , Saturday morning , you block the shower / bath plug hole .
    Mind you knowing my luck I'd prolly end up mixing it up with the dogs vitamin pills , resulting in a shivering pink pooch and myself chasing the postman up the street .....

Better scrub that idea then .

Silver Member
    Body hair is just gross, so gross it's hard for me to really express it, and I've felt that way since it started growing.

Lea

I shave because if I don't PETA throws paint on me and tells me I shouldn't wear fur ...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just got out of the bath after a good soak and shave

Always rub in a nice body cream to keep things supple and smooth.

I shave off all my body hair from November through to March, at least twice a week.

I hate having to let it grow back in the summer, but the wife is conscientious of me having shaved legs and shorts on.

Luckily I'm not too hairy in the first place (no chest or back hair!). If I could I'd ALWAYS have my legs and armpits shaved.

Like so many I love the feel of it and I do feel 'cleaner'???....now if I could only grow my hair long again

For me it was when I discovered I was at a 5 star resort in Jamaica in my two piece bathing suit and I asked the gentleman next to me to put some sunscreen on my legs and he asked where my legs were. Well, it might have happened that way.
    The senses/looks one discovers after shaving is the by product received from the need to present oneself as feminine. Think King Kong Feminine? NOT!!! Think Anne Margaret Feminine? Well hello!!!!!!!!!! dah!!!!
    Last edited by jillleanne; 12-12-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: typo

i just like the way it feels to be a hairless wonder

I have noticed recently around the forum many new threads relating to shaved, smooth legs. I myself am completely hairless from the neck down, and I love it. I would not have it any other way. But just what is it that compels some to remove the hair from one’s body, and in particularly, the legs?
    Well as I've said before, in our world it can be all about the hair. The places we'd just assume have it gone (or shaped as with eyebrows) and the places we'd prefer to have it grow (like our heads).

There was an interesting thread recently that questioned why discussion of something such as shaving was so prevalent, that women don't necessarily discuss such things. I didn't chime in there but I'll express my opinion here in the context of your points Anne. On a base level, removal of body hair is a really big deal for most of us who didn't grow up as teenage females guided through such rites of passage as shaving of the legs and underarms (not to mention all the other places icky hair grows thanks to "T").

We come to certain self-awareness, whether from the POV of our inner being or simply to look better in the clothes we choose to wear, often in our 20's/30's/40's or beyond. These things are a big deal because we consider societal ramifications of our presentation along with what our SO's might think of making such changes in our appearance, not to mention how to best go about hair removal for someone who hasn't done so before. These things are worthy of discussion.

All that said, here is my own POV on the points raised....

Is it the soft, sensuous, warm, luxurious tactile feeling of smooth, frictionless skin that you so seek and desire?
    Hard to argue with this one.

Does removing your hair bring you closer to some inner sense of femininity, the woman within, thereby placing more distance between you and your own innate, congenital masculinity? It is, after all, difficult to argue that the removal of one’s body hair does not constitute an effeminate act in the extreme. At least in as much as the intent of the transgendered is concerned.
    Bingo, we have a winner.

But also a loser in my situation in that removal of body hair is a constant "in-her-face" reminder to my wife of who I am.

Perhaps, however, you instead find the actual act of removing your hair to be carnal, emasculating, sexy, and arousing. Does the act of denuding your skin of unwanted, unnecessary hair awaken and stimulate your sense of self, and your self’s sense of exciting, provocative inspiration?
    Not so much. Any sensuality I derive from the removal of body hair is subsumed within your first two points above.

Or are you a rule-breaker, where you enjoy ridding yourself of undesirable, superfluous hair in direct contravention of the unwritten rules of an otherwise disapproving society? Do you find the act of swimming against the current and cutting across the grain to be liberating, and a release from the hairy shackles of society?
    This isn't a conscious motivation on my part, more of a byproduct. And aside from not having a clue as to what others may or may not be saying behind my back about my visible hair appearance features (smooth legs, waxed brows, etc), I have no choice but to assume no one is questioning or disapproving at all, or so that's what the elephant in my room says to herself every day.

Or maybe it is all of the above, or none of the above. For what reason(s) do you shave, epilate, or wax? Other than the obvious, that is . . . .
    I really think you hit on the main reasons most of us do what we do. Bottom line, body hair is icky IMHO and I'm not caring so much if I ever see it again on my person. And strangely, being smooth has made me a little hyper-critical of men in general and their furry arms and/or legs, or at least in my own mind. Every so often I see a man who looks good with his hairy legs but more often than not, all I see is a dirty mess that in my opinion would look better if it were to be removed. Just a warped POV from the eyes of one who is TG, I guess.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

It is rare that my legs are completely hairless, and even rarer that my arms and hands are. My wife simply doesn't need the constant reminder in her face that I like to crossdress. I keep the hair on my legs cropped rather short, though, because I simply don't like having hairy legs, and hair under hosiery looks ridiculous and awful.

That said, I do so because of our social conditioning which requires women to have hairless legs.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Why do I shave?
    Grizzly Adams in a dress is just not right

Quote Originally Posted by stacycoral View Post
    Me personally i would have to say the soft,sensuous, smooth feeling, nothing like putting a new pair of pantyhose on your smooth legs, The smooth chest feels nice. and it is feels better when cudding with my SO.
    My thoughts, exactly! Except I don't have a SO to hug and spend time with. *sobs*

Also agree with Genifer teal. To me, body hair looks dirty on me and I don't like having it.

x x

If you're interested in a GG's perspective, I started to shave my legs because it made me feel grown up. It is what the 'big girls' did. I can't say that I remember any tactile difference when putting on nylons, but then my leg hair was not thick and coarse when I was a teenager. It still isn't.

As I grew older, I determined that men prefer shaved legs, so I kept it up. At various times in my life when sex was not a priority (early child rearing years, or at the end of my marriage), I didn't bother shaving especially in the winter, unless I wore a dress to go somewhere. I suppose the idea that a woman *must* have clean shaven legs in instilled in me, so I would feel as if I am committing a faux pas should I appear in public looking hairy, like smiling when I have spinach stuck in my teeth. But, no one knows if I shave my legs or not under my jeans, and so I often won't shave for weeks in the wintertime.

But, I can see why CDers would love to shave their legs. Men have a great deal more leg hair. There has got to be a huge tactile difference after shaving and it has got to make CDers feel a lot more girly.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by April_Ligeia View Post
    Because it looks and feels good. It also saves time with tattooing, the artist doesn't have to shave the area, and tattoos look better when you're not viewing them through a layer of hair.
    Agreed April...hehehe Jackie
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Once I shaved my legs that was it. Loved the feel and look and could never go back. Then after shaving my entire body it was the same. Can't ever go back.
    YESSS!!!! All of the above!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

There are at leastthree reasons I shave my body:
    1. There are now a lot fewer skin blemishes since there is the exfoliating action of shaving.
    2. I like the feel
    3. A real biggie is my body odor is a lot less. Summertime is really the time when it is best to shave oneself.

I really think it is none of anybody else's business if you shave your legs or chests. I am blessed to have a wife that has no objections to my shaving myself.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Married to "Loving wife" IamToni's Avatar
    I shave/epilate below the waist because it feels amazing and I really don't like body hair. Also, hosiery doesn't feel or look right with hairy legs and I find that smooth skin is far more sensitive which has obvious benefits. Luckily my wife is quite happy for me to keep my legs hair free, which obviously makes things much easier.
    Last edited by IamToni; 12-12-2011 at 12:55 PM.

A few years ago I shaved my legs for two reasons

1. It was easier to pick out the gravel out of the road rash when I dumped my bike

2. It was easier to get a better message after sitting hours on my bike

The first time I shaved my leg was shortly after I traded my favourite toy for a shaving kit my best friend had, I was around 7 yr old. Did I have hairy legs.. lol nope. But I wanted to feel what it was like.

Banned Read only
    I shave because I rarely if ever wear pantyhose to work or anywhere else for that matter.

If my legs are showing of course I don't want hair on them.

I also shave because I hate hair on my body. I always did and always will.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    If you're interested in a GG's perspective . . . .
    What a silly, silly qualifier, Reine. Of course, I am always interested in a GG's perspective. Even beyond that, I am always interested in your perspective. I have no doubt I speak for many, many here in this.

Because I can,andwant to

Live like u where dieing TexasAmber's Avatar
    Because it's sexy smooth clean feeling a social no no because heels and hair don't match and of course because gg's do

The main reason I shave is because it makes me feel more feminine, and I like the feel of smooth skin.....the same reason for painting my nails..because I like it..
    Plus it pisses off my ex wife..

Platinum Member
    all of the above, Anne