Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I desire to enjoy girly things with my wife

So, reading through this thread I've had to say WOW! Not in a good way. The basic question here is "How do I tell my wife", that really depends on the wife, the attitude, or as Rachel said: What is your wife like? Is she religious? Does she have friends in alternative lifestyles? Has she ever jokingly offered to put makeup or lingerie on you? What are her parents like? All these and more will help you work out whether and how to approach her with this.

What shocked was the undertone that this was an obstacle to be conquered by any means necessary, all I can say is wake up and smell the coffee... What we are doing runs contrary to everything that is considered normal in our civilization, our wives are raised to see men in a certain way and guess what, we don't look like that when we're in a dress and makeup. I love my wife, and I know she loves me and this is still one of the most difficult things we have had to face during our marriage. Having said that, I think that it's important to let your wife in on the secret, because by excluding her you are doing her a disservice and the lies and secrets will eventually be found out. I won't lie, your wife may not want to have anything to do with you, knowing that you dress, on the other hand she may be very supporting, or any of a million permutations in between... Good luck, whatever you choose.

I used to go clothes shopping with my wife all the time. We really enjoyed shopping together and she valued my opinion. It gave me a great opportunity to check out female clothing. After nearly 25 years together I came out to her. She is still not accepting, I would say tolerant. It took counseling to get to that point. After coming out, my wife would not go shopping with me. That went on for about a year, then slowly we began shopping again. I even went bra shopping with her, so that part is returning to normal. Hopefully we are moving slower to acceptance. Be patient, open honest and truthful. There is nothing that causes more discord in a relationship that deceit and lies. We were even talking about pedicures the other day, and she is open for both of us to go together for a pedicure. Progress, slow but it is progress.

I just told my wife 3 weeks ago and she will not accept the fact if I dress in front of her. She really doesn't care that I dress all day long just when she comes in at 6pm I better be in mans clothes. Nor does she want to meet or see Abbey which is coll. So there is no lingerie in bed. Prior to me telling her we have bought panties together because I have always wore panties just told her they are more comfortable and she accepted that but no lacey or frilly ones was the only catch. But now I doubt Abbey will ever meet the wife which I am okay with. The day after I told her she did invite me with her for a mani and pedi which I thought was wonderful. At least now I get to get all my clothes out of all my hiding places and I started to put them in garment bags in my closet hidden for protection. I don't think she wants to see them nor do I want any body else peeping in there. But good luck to you. Baby steps and hopefully she'll open up. She asked what I wanted for xmas? I wanted to say a makeup case or a sexy bra but couldn't. So I may pick one up myself. Now that I may have some room for it.
    The shorter the skirt and higher the heel makes this girl happy.