Thread: Damsel in Distress

Damsel in Distress

I am so excited that it hurts. I ordered 2 corsets today and have no idea to wear them, but have yearned to have one for a very long time because now I'll have some sort of feminine curves at the waist. Yay! I can't contain my excitement. Yay! I want to learn how to wear corsets. I bought a 2 bone corset to begin and a 12 bone for when I'm a little more skilled at wearing corsets. Maybe we should start a corset lacing thread for newbies like me!
    Last edited by angpai30; 12-13-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Additional text

Not far from Tolkien's Middle Earth in the UK
    Kristen - I agree!

I didn't think I'd ever wear one despite the fact that I've always felt comfortable with tight clothing around my waist and chest. Only put 2 & 2 together recently. I may have gotten 5, but it's still progress :-p

I bought a steel-boned underbust corset (more like a waist-cincher really) which is my first, it feels fabulous & of course helps to add curves somewhat. I'd like to buy a new over-bust one and try to get my waist-size down by corset training. Not sure how far I'd like to go down the route at present though.

I've since become very interested in corsets too, their history & usage. I'd actually like to try on different ones from different ages, to experiment with what figure I could achieve. My research tells me that the Edwardian corsets (s-bend ones) could be the most uncomfortable to wear though, but I just love the Edwardian feminine silhouette.

Anywho, corset training is important if you want to really reduce your waist-size without straining yourself, as you know.
    I found this informative website, with graphical illustrations on what shape of your waist you may want to go for.
    http://corsettraining.net/corset-tra...k-your-shape-2

I've looked for male corset training links on the web, (as they may be able to give more tailored-to-our-bodies advice) but haven't been able to find any such sites.

Have fun with it anywho!
    I could eat Alice's imagination for breakfast & still have room for Narnia

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Try www.romantasyweb.com They carry mens corsets and trangender corsets. try www.corset-story.com
    Trisha

I never thought I'd manage to wear one as much as I am now, but most days at work I'm wearing it under my normal clothes My main problem is that I keep shrinking out of them! I've got my fifth on on order now, and have reduced my waist size by about 10 inches since this time last year... not just corseting but diet too, you understand. But I adore my waist now.

Best bit of advice? Avoid cheap corsets like the plague! If its less than £100, then its probably not going to be good for you, esp. for long term wear.

xxx

Caroline

There are some nice corsets at reasonable prices here: www.shapercorset.com

I have this one, it's the perfect length and strength for me: http://www.shapercorset.com/blue-sat...aining-corset/

Suzy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kristen, I posted an instructional "How To" tutorial with photos on how I tite lace my corsets by myself. I'm sure it's still in the archives, I'm just not sure how to find it! Maybe a MOD could help?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm thinking about a corset, too. My wife and sister think I'd be more fem-looking if I could get a fem-looking waist. I'm straight down from chest to hips. Anyone know any other tricks? Butt or hip padding maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Longing2be-Trisha View Post
    Try www.romantasyweb.com They carry mens corsets and trangender corsets. try www.corset-story.com
    I have known Ann, founder and head of Romantasy, for many years. She is a wonderful person and a corset wearer herself. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I looked through the archives, but keep getting things that really have nothing to do with what I need. I got more helpful info by posting a new thread. Its dreadfully boring going through the archives. I think I sat for 3 hours trying to find useful info. I guess I don't know how tookto search properly. I am very grateful for the corset training link; I didn't know it was so involved. I bought some cheap corsets only for short term wear and when I have the money I'll purchase some for corset training. I thought corset tianing took a special trainer type; like a training bra. I would like to find your thread docrobbysherry. I do need some info on how to tie the strings.

Diet?

Diet? What kind of diet do we need to corset train? What is the best kind of diet to help a lady like myself lose weight. I hear cutting dairy helps reduce weight drastically as well.

Platinum Member
    Diets are bad - good eating habits will help tho. Try to add more vegies, reduce processed/starchy foods, watch your portion sizes and try to get a little exercise each day. Even a 30 minute walk will help.

i've been wearing my corset from glamourboutique.com for three weeks now. I can't say that I've attained any permanent change in shape, but it certainly has given me a more defined waist that looks a good deal more feminine.

I bought a full corset, so I could get into a party dress. It takes me a good hour to get the tapes pulled and then I've no way of tying them off. I think corsets are another of those articles take two to put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post
    There are some nice corsets at reasonable prices here: www.shapercorset.com

I have this one, it's the perfect length and strength for me: http://www.shapercorset.com/blue-sat...aining-corset/

Suzy
    Thanks for posting that Suzy. I've been thinking about a corset for a while now and that looks like a good one.

Last edited by Dana7; 12-14-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Great thread Kristen,

I agree with Kim on the diet thing. Eat less move more is what my doctor said... If you need some motivation, a local md can prescribe some pills that will speed things up. White capsules with blue sparkles or whatever they're called they've worked for me. Down some 50 lbs and getting the shape..

Corsets - I agree with Caroline on the cheap corsets. I went through a few that didn't pass the sneeze test and spent the extra bucks for my favorite MY-069. The first one I went from barely being able to pull the strings to closure and had to get another one one size smaller.. I'm now wearing a size 28 and it feels great....can't breath... but it feels great...

Oh and you'll need to learn the door knob trick...

Renne.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

if you miss pasta and rice, try shirataki noodles and rice. No carbs, no calories! Some large stores carry it, but I order mine online. I cook them in chicken broth, and they taste great.

What is the doorknob trick?

Definitely with Kim on the eating habits - when from a 32" corset to a 24" on order now in the space of a year by changing my habits - just a healthier diet - more fruit and veg - eating raw carrots and grapes instead of cake in the evening etc. that sort of thing. Very happy with my weight and figure now

I've not really had much problem lacing myself into my corset - perhaps yours is laced wrong to start with? What Katie Did have a video on how to do it yourself:

http://www.whatkatiedid.com/src/corsetsizing.php

(as well as having the most gorgeous corsets, and letting me try on a couple for size in the shop)

The door knob trick is to tie the laces to a door know and pull your body against it, but I'm not sure its recommended - you're meant to pull the laces sideways, rather than backwards...

Can't wait to get my new one - *crosses fingers it is by Christmas*

CarolineM