Thread: My eyes almost busted me!

My eyes almost busted me!

For the past few weeks now I have been practicing with makeup on my eyes, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, the works. Each time I get a little better. Since I am semi-retired and my wife works full time I have plenty of time to work on them. Yesterday was my best effort to date and I was really pleased with them.

I usually take of my eye makeup when I am finished but yesterday I didn't, figuring I'd remove it before I went to my part time job, at a local school. When it was time to leave I got my things together and put my coat on and while I was walking to my car I realized I left my cell on the dresser. I dashed back in the house and grabbed my cell and casually looked in the mirror. OOOppps, I saw that I still had my makeup on. I quickly removed it saying to myself this is funny enough to post.

Guess I really enjoyed it! If I had gone to school that way I'd have way too many questions to answer.

Dana
    Dana Fleming

Aspiring Member
    That made me laugh, good job you forgot your phone, lol

LOL! How's that for getting your heart racing! I am sure similar things have happened to a lot on here. I was home alone and dressed up in a skirt and top and went outside to check my rain gauge. As I was walking back to the house I realized how I was dressed. once again, the heart was racing.

That would have been interesting to the people you would run into.lol. I think it gets to the point where things start to feel natural to us.

Good thing you forgot you phone.

That is funny. Maybe you are subconsciously trying to out yourself. lol
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

That is a funny story! I had a close one similar to that too.

I was practicing my lipstick one Saturday this past summer when the wife was out of town and thought I had removed it all. My daughter stopped by to say hi and as we talked she asked if I had lipstick on..... Yikes! I quickly said it must be from opening the koolaid pack. I'm pretty sure she bought it as it hasn't been brought up since.... I definitely learned to be a little more thorough on my makeup removal technique.....
    --------

A close call, indeed. I've left a few crumbs of eye make up by accident. Passed it of as dirt/ grime from working outside. I don't think that would have worked in this case. LOL.
    Mary

Banned Read only
    My wife often points out to me that I missed removing all my mascara! Women notice such fine things. when you think you have removed it, check twice and then a third time!

LOL....I'll bet we've all done stuff like that. I always try to be meticulous about clean-up, but sometimes I think to myself, "I have plenty of time; I'll do it later". And of course, "later" comes sooner than you think. Imagine what you'd be posting if you hadn't forgotten your cell phone!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Just tell folks that you are just practicing for halloween.

Funny story, but at least you caught it in time, I got half way to work once, before realizing I had polish on my nails, a nice pink color. I had to stop at a Speedy mart and get nail polish remover, and the place was filled with construction workers getting their morning coffee, I've been very careful every since.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

an awful lot of folks on here talk about getting better at applying make up. I've found that over time I may not be getting better at applying it, but I sure am getting better at removing it. I've been through all the commercial make up removers but nothing seems to work better than plain old (and cheap) baby oil. That and a couple of Q-tips for the eye liner and I'm good to go.

It is a good thing that all you had to remove was eye makeup, imagine if you were completely made up. Or, maybe another way to look at this is to imagine if you were completely dressed enfem with makeup and a wig and walked out the door. No, wait a minute, there is nothing wrong with that, I do it nearly every day....

I'm thinkin that your other brain knew what you were about to do and in a selfprotection mode, made you forget your phone. Don't think everything doesn't happen for a reason? Every once in a while pieces of Renne leak out and I have to catch myself.. Like is that dirt in your eye?? Or why are your lips so red dear.... or my favorite, who's boots are these??

Having a blast and knowing that it gets better every day....

Renne.....

Hi Kids ..... "I'm a pirate!"
    Chickie

Platinum Member
    I've made a few similar slip ups. Wore mascara and a androgynous top out to dinner with my wife, happened to run into a couple we sometimes hang out with - the lighting was not great, but I did notice the guy repeatedly looking at me with a very puzzled expression. He never asked about it, and I figure it gave them something to talk/speculate about.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Eyes were my give away .....
    My excuse - the Dyson needed emptying and the dust got in my eyes ..
    Yeah right - the bloody thing was still full the next morning .

Guilty as charged .

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    My wife often points out to me that I missed removing all my mascara! Women notice such fine things. when you think you have removed it, check twice and then a third time!
    You ain't kidding!!!!

I start with a makeup remover wipe, and then work on the mascara and eyeliner with Q-Tips and Lumene Eye Makeup Remover. Then I wash my face one final time. THEN I wipe my eyes with a clean tissue to see if there is any residue. None found, at least to my eyes!

After all of this, I have had my wife and my daughter ask if I am wearing eye makeup! My wife insists that soap and water alone should be sufficient to take it off! Geez!

Been there done that. lol when I owned my buisness I did have a employee tell me that I didn't quite get all my mascara off.

Dana -- So long as you did your eye makeup tastefully, no one would have said a word. Now, a garrish electric blue, maybe they would have! LOL. Seriously, that's why I have half a dozen eye makeup removers in the house. BTW, once I came home from trying lipsticks at a cosmetics store after work and I guess the bright red one didn't clean up well. Got home and was asked why my lips looked red stained. Of course, it was the cherry soda I drank.

t
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Candy View Post
    That is funny. Maybe you are subconsciously trying to out yourself. lol
    I am definately notgoing to out my self where I work, so bad in so many ways.

"LOL....I'll bet we've all done stuff like that. I always try to be meticulous about clean-up, but sometimes I think to myself, "I have plenty of time; I'll do it later". And of course, "later" comes sooner than you think. Imagine what you'd be posting if you hadn't forgotten your cell phone! "

I don't think I'd be posting anything good that's for sure. With my luck i would have remembered as I walked into the building, then I'd have to drive all the way home and back again. what a waste of $3.00 gas that wouild have been, lol
    Dana Fleming