I regularly see posts that tell about the "Almost got Caught" or "Just forgot to remove all the evidence" type of experience. It's not uncommon to shortly after see the person who made the post has gone out for the first time, come out to someone or has moved from just doing midnight walks to shopping at the mall.

What I'm wondering about are the indicators of us approaching thresholds that define different levels of comfort and subsequent behavior. When we write that we didn't take the time to a good job of makeup removal and someone may have noticed or we didn't fully clean up after trying on new clothes, knowing someone was coming to visit, it seems pretty obvious in hindsight that something has changed in our thinking. We have become so comfortable and confident in our own minds with what we are doing that we are now open to new experiences.

I'd like to see what kinds of indicators for moving to the next step you've seen in your life. Are they subtle or earthshattering? Do some indicate moving back rather than forward?