Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking time off from crossdressing -- is it possible?

Yes it is possible with alot of determination. No, it is no fun.

Silver Member
    It's possible in exactly the same way it always has been - suppression. Assuming, that is, that your recent emergence is evidence of this. You have more work to do with your wife. She does not understand the role it plays in your psyche ("focus on what really needs to happen"). Do you? This is new to you.

As an alternative to completely stopping, you can try discussing set-aside times that will allow you to continue for now at a mutually-acceptable frequency. Remember, this is new to her, too.

Like everyone else, I can testify to dressing coming back with a vengeance. More so the longer it is suppressed.

Lea

Banned Read only
    Always take care of family and job considerations first. The rest will come as time allows.

Well good replies regarding taking care of priorities over dressing. Now here is a question to ponder. If you lose the desire to dress because of priorities is it good or bad? Well in my opinion its neither . Dressing is not a good or bad thing its just is. Its something thats an interest or is there. Its a taste.

So if you lose interest in dressing for a period, its ok its where your natural feelings take you.

Everyone is different. When I took time off from it I started to suffer from depression and spent years on them drugs for depression and it still didn't help. I have seen it different for everyone and how they deal with it. I myself gave up the cross dressing a few months when I decided to transition. Now I don't suffer from depression. This site has a lot of good opinions.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Family first or you suffer from narcissism.

thanks so much, everyone. i'm seeking some kind of balance. so much wisdom and a few good jokes in your responses. it's hard to keep my head on straight with all this, and your advice, even though it's a bit all over the map like life itself, really helps. bless you all.

elizabethamy

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg East View Post
    Family first or you suffer from narcissism.
    I might suggest, ever so gently, that whether this is prioritization issue critically depends on whether the OP's CDing falls into the hobby, "just" dressing, "taste", etc. categories - or stems from something more fundamental. So sure, a guy won't prioritize a hobby down the list, then he's being a self-centered jerk. The OP needs to tread more carefully otherwise. The recency of the dressing doesn't necessarily make it more dismissable, either.

So again, elizabethamy, do you actually know yet what's going on in your head.