Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those who came out or had to come out.

My coming out

well, first I'd like to say that this forum is really great! All of you rock and all of you look incredible. I've been dressing since I was 4years old. I would sneak my mother's sexy panties and wear them over my sleeper/pajamas. My parents would catch me and tease me about it, shaming me for doing it. I'd then hide my cross-dressing for private moments. I later got married, and would wear my wife's things when she was working and the kids w grandma. We later divorced and I don't think she ever knew.

2 marriages later, I'm married to a gorgeous woman, blonde with a Barbie-like body. She HATES to wear lingerie, but does have some nice panties that I like. When we met, I told her that I really like lingerie, and hinted around in various conversations about wearing heels, and understanding how having large breasts would make your back sore, etc. I have found that if my SO wears nice lingerie, I don't have that much of a need to wear it. She buys her bras and panties at VSecret, but they aren't frilly or lacy. My wife has more masculine qualities, and I have more feminine qualities, more in personality than physical appearance. That makes us very compatible.

Once, when I was caught looking at her VS catalog, she asked me why I was looking at the women in there. I replied, "To find something to buy you as a surprise." (I was really looking to see what I'd like to wear myself) When she asked me what I had in mind, I showed her some sexy garterbelts, stockings, etc, and she told me that they were uncomfortable, and if I wanted to see her in them, I'd have to wear them first. I said that was fine, I'd be happy to wear them, but she didn't take me seriously.

Some months later, I started walking around the house wearing her panties. She thought that was really sexy and said that since she didn't like tight-fitting clothes, it was good that I stretched them out for her. After a few months of that, she put her bra on me and I wore it all night while we watched tv, but hers aren't girlie enough for me really.

I had a small stash of clothes at home, panties, bras, stockings, garterbelts, slips half-slips and camis, and a pair of heels that I'd wear during the day when she was gone, but could only do it a few hours at a time, and had to change before she returned home. This went on for about 2 years.

This past September, it was my birthday and she got sick...bed-ridden sick. I had just cleaned out a rental property where I had my main collection of clothes, 30 bras, 50 half-slips, 20 full slips, 10 camis, nighties, etc. and had brought them home and stashed them. While she was sick, I thought it may be a good time to come out by wearing a garterbelt, lace top white stockings, white panties, a white lace bra, a short full-slip a nurses uniform (one of those sexy costume ones I had bought on sale) and some heels. I then brought her some soup while dressed as a nurse.

It surprised her to say the least, said that I looked cute, made me lift my skirt to check me out, etc...then asked where I got that stuff. I told her that I brought it over from the rental property where I had it for some years. She asked me what all I had, and I told her. She said that I could wear it as long as I didn't "Overwhelm her" with it by dressing every day.

I was excited and the next day dressed up in stockings, garterbelt, panties, bra, full slip and heels and it felt so great. I went to bed wearing a nice silky nightie that I longed to wear for some time. The next day, I wore my usual clothes. She asked me why I wasn't dressed up, and I told her that I didn't want to overwhelm her. She said it was fine as it didn't bother her and thought it was a little strange, but that it didn't bother her.

I started dressing up almost every day, and wearing nighties to bed, and sometimes even stockings as I love the way they feel. After all, she said she was ok with it. Here's where it gets difficult. My wife is also an alcoholic and a mean drunk. We've had countless arguments when she's been drinking, and I've spent countless nights either in my truck, in the car, at the hotel, at the motel or downstairs in the lobby or on the couch. Every time she gets smashed, she then tries to blame her drinking on me and the fact that I'm a transvestite and that I probably want to be with men. (well, I am bi-curious when dressed, but that's another issue)

This last time that she got smashed, I hadn't dressed up in some time around her. I work from home, and had worked until 2:30am and needed to be back at work @8am. I was in bed trying to sleep, and just got to sleep when she comes in and jumps on me, waking me up. She's trying to be loving, but when she's drunk, I'm not that interested in having sex w her. I told her to leave me alone and she wouldn't. I got up and went into the living room to sleep on the couch. She followed, got on her computer and blasted music. I went back into the bedroom. I just got back to sleep when she comes in and wakes me up again. I told her to stop and she kept right on bugging me. I threw her off me, got out of bed and chased her out of the room and locked the door. 2 hours later, I'm sleeping when she starts pounding on the door so loudly, that I'm afraid the neighbors would call the cops. I tell her that I'm not letting her in and to sleep on the couch like I've had to do countless times. She refuses, then goes into my office where I keep all my femme clothes. I hear her doing something, so I get out of bed open the door, and see her throwing all my clothes around the room calling me all sorts of nasty names. I go to stop her and she dials 911.

The police come and she starts telling them that I'm a cross-dresser and that I probably want to be with men, am probably gay, and that I had her on the bed with my hands around her throat asking her to apologize and that was when I let her up. They hauled my ass off to jail charged with felony domestic violence with strangulation. There I was strip searched, etc...had to spend the night, yada, yada. I never touched her neck, but I had grabbed her by the chin and told her to leave me the f*** alone as I need to sleep.

When she's sober she's accepting but when she's drinking she's not. The other night, she asked me why I wasn't wearing a nighty to bed. I told her cause it bothers her. Then she says that if it makes me feel better I should do it. If I'm really stressed, dressing during the day and wearing a peignoir or nighty to bed really helps relieve my stress. Thank God she's finally working after several years, so now I can at least get dressed up during the day and change when she phones to say she's coming home. The few times that we had sex while was dressed in lingerie was extremely hot, but she'll throw it in my face when she drinks. I obviously cannot be myself around her, and I'm searching for other CDs in my area to meet with. Sorry for the long post, but I needed to vent..

So, yeah, I've been a crossdresser since I was maybe three years old. Nothing about being a CD was a "suprise" to me as a teen or later on. I met my *future* wife when I was 29, and told her about myself on the third date (or so). Her response was that she didn't care.

Cut to several years later, still married, her pregnant. Me, still CDing when I could (only at home, never out). Still, she said didn't care. I went to extremes thanking her for letting me express myself, she very much knew how much I appreciated it, no question.

Again, cut to years later. I could tell something was wrong in our relationship. But, whenever I asked her what was up, the answer I got was "nothing". So one day, I couldn't take "nothing" for an answer any more. "What is wrong?" she said - and layed out a litany of every single slight (or percieved slight) ever uttered from my mouth in the 10 years we were married. She had been carrying all that baggage around with her and not letting ONE IOTA of it go. I mean, a brief comment from me 10 years before was a HUGE issue, right.

Cut to present. My soon to be ex-wife has completely abandoned her eleven year old son, her eighteen year old daughter, and me (her husband). Her daughter (from a previous marriage) was almost totally abandoned by her when she married me (her daughter was six at the time) until her dad basically forced her to move up with us when she was 15. I care for her greatly, she still lives here with my son and I.

So what does all this mean? Reading between the lines, my wife is never, ever straight forward, I'm sure she lays all the problems in our marriage directly at the feet of my crossdressing. This, only because she has never said so (never mentioned it once, in fact). That speaks volumes. All the nit-picky meaningless nonsense she brought up as an excuse to disappear from our lives comes down to one thing - she couldn't tolerate the crossdressing after all.

So all ye fellow travellers, beware. Coming out of the closet may be right for some people, and it may not (especially if you love your SO). Consequences range from the positive (rare) to the immediate negative (common) to the "delayed reaction" as in my case. I'm not perfect by any stretch (who is) but I love my wife still, and it really, really flattened me when she took off. She has her problems as well (I won't get into them here) but there is ONE THING that I find unforgiveable. Her dishonesty, over the long term, is now adversly effecting me and our kids. She lied to herself for years ... and now her family is paying the price (myself included).

Sorry for the wall of text. The last time I posted on this topic, I was shouted off this forum because I was an evil husband etc. Well, I was venting because I was crushed and confused. The fact of the matter is her leaving isn't, and never was, my fault. At least I can feel good about that. Best wishes all and I hope you have a good holiday with loving people around you. =)
    Last edited by Crysten; 12-14-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

I'm so sorry Crysten! It would appear that your soon-to-be-ex is passive-aggressive and does not wish to communicate. I realize that there are two sides of every story, but it would appear that you were totally up front with her. If she wants to repress her feelings, that's HER problem! You've seen my story below yours, and although I love my wife beyond words, I will not tolerate her drunken behavior anymore. She gets drunk, then the only thing she can blame it on is my X-dressing, but she's been getting that drunk for years before she even knew about it. It's all just an excuse for other buried issues, I'm sure. Hang in there. Realize that there is the perfect person out there for each of us! She's just not the perfect person for you. If I get divorced, I'm finding another TV/TS/TG to have a relationship with. Life is too short.