Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh God, here goes. My first time out ever.

Oh God, here goes. My first time out ever.

I wish I could say I prepared and that I had my make-up done, I was shaved all over and had a lovely outfit done.
    But honestly I look awful. Im blatently a guy in a wig, I just can't stand to put this off any longer.
    Its dark outside, my housemate knows Im a crossdresser and I just need to do this. Im going out! God I hope Im ok.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

woow, what a rush. I wish I had stayed out longer but around the corner I heard a couple of guys so I panicked and did a 180 turn.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Melissa, that's a great first step. It will just get easier and you will get more adventurous. Enjoy!!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Congratulations! You are off to a good start even if it seems like only a small one as far as the actual outing, it is or was a huge wall to get over! I hope you can find a safe place to go and talk with others!

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Big first step. Congrats.

In no time at all you'll be walking right by those guys.

Congrats dear!! Makeup, Dress, Go Out, Repeat. Cheers!
    Huggs! Kimberly

Way to go Melissa! It's always a bit un-nerving..but sooo much fun

Great first step Melissa!!! As you go out more you will get more and more confident. I am proud that you got the courage to make that first step.
    Sara

Big first step, but remember"

"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!"

If you feel well-prepared that will give you the confidence to face the little unknowns, like those guys talking.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Melissa,
    Great first steps. I know you will feel more confident now that you have made the plunge. Also, every time you go out you will get better at make-up, your style, your hair etc. One little suggestion, don't forget accessories. I used to go out without a watch, bracelets, and earrings. My friend who does my makeovers at MAC told me to accessorize and it was the best advice ever.
    'Great job --hugs,
    Connie

It will get a little easier, but, there will be good, and not as good times. I struggle with fear yet, too, have not been out in over a year. Way to go!

Platinum Member
    Stay away from dark alleys and places where troublemakers hang out and you'll be fine, Melissa. With time and practice, you will grow increasingly comfortable with your presentation.

Escaping from the closet Carla Stevens's Avatar
    From someone else who's just made their first forrays out & about...Congratulations Melissa.
    As Connie mentions, accessories can make a huge difference & don't forget a handbag...if nothing else it gives at least one of your hands something to hold. Even an over the shoulder back needs 'steadying' with a hand.
    “I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a WOMAN in it.” Marilyn Monroe

The views & opinions expressed in the above post are those of the author.
    Anyone acting on any information contained within the post does so entirely at their own risk.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

great first step. i also look like a guy in a dress, but to the mall, food store, gas, restaurant. no problem. just remember you are there for (X) event, how you are dressed does not mater, have fun doing it.
    yes you will be noticed but good people will say nothing, the sa's at the stores only want to go home at the end of there shift.
    (unlike a ex macys employee).
    just never go were a proper lady would never go. and if you must "go" try to find a family room first. in time you can use the lady's room.
    it is all good,.

take your time and be safe.

Thanks. Definetly looking forward to going out again. Though I only managed it yesterday because I wasn't sober.

Melissa, I know exactly how you feel girl. You walk outside and there's this new noise coming from your feel. I've never clacked before you think and then you remember the heels that you have on. And the cool breeze on your legs feels great tooo..... Baby steps girl.. But once you do it you'll want more.....

Out and lovin it....

Renne.....

Well done Melissa... I wish i was as brave as you... They say, the first steps are always the hardest. Now you can move forward and enjoy even more experiences...Yas

Congrats Melissa like everyone says its the baby steps that help you become comfortable, i started out at nite like i think most of have and it becomes easier and easier...welcome to the outside world

well, I figure that you'll never see these people again for the rest of your life; it doesn't matter what they think; it's definitely less stressful than coming out to a SO; and we only grow by doing things outside our comfort zone. If I were half as passable as you Melissa, I would do it all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by connie23 View Post
    Melissa,
    Great first steps. I know you will feel more confident now that you have made the plunge. Also, every time you go out you will get better at make-up, your style, your hair etc. One little suggestion, don't forget accessories. I used to go out without a watch, bracelets, and earrings. My friend who does my makeovers at MAC told me to accessorize and it was the best advice ever.
    Yes. I find that I am far more observant of women's outfits than I used to be and you seldom see a woman (other than a bag lady) out in public without a necklace, bracelet, rings, etc. Even cheap stuff from Walmart will help to pull it off.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Stevens View Post
    .......... don't forget a handbag...
    Yep women carry them unless they are jogging. Around here, it's a "purse". Same thing. And it's a place to keep your keys, phone, wallet, makeup, etc. Lots of women's outfits don't have pockets and even if they do, they aren't meant to be used.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi Melissa, congratulations. I cannot live that far from you (let's face it Wiltshire isn't that big) so if you want some moral support to venture out please feel free to get in touch.

Caroline XX

I was at a motel last nite. The doors to the rooms are outside and I needed a smoke. So here I am with nothing but my forms, bra and nitie and gown on and a car full of guys pull up. What to do? I just gave them a big smile and said... This sucks that you have to go outside just to have a smoke. They answered Yup. Have a good night. Wow!
    Huggs Lilly

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline2tone View Post
    Hi Melissa, congratulations. I cannot live that far from you (let's face it Wiltshire isn't that big) so if you want some moral support to venture out please feel free to get in touch.

Caroline XX
    You with Gloscats? Ive been a couple of times.

Just like those first steps of your kids....they are full of smiles and joy!