Thread: 7pm in LA and I'm off to the Galleria!

Banned Read only

7pm in LA and I'm off to the Galleria!

Man I feel good. Outfit looks right, I'm getting high on my perfume and no chance of running into anyone I know. It will be a long walk through the hotel, but I'm loving it. I'll post pictures in the next few days.

if you really want some bang for your buck.... visit the Fashion or Garment district downtown LA.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

If it is the Glendale Galleria hope your shoes are comfortable that place is huge. Remember MAC cosemetics, Zone B level 2.

I can only imagine what the feeling of relief must be to be able to go out the dressed as you feel most comfortable in. I doubt if I will ever experience that, as I can never imagine shaving off my moustache. (talk about a paradox!)

I under-dress regularly, but recently have exerperience significant time out in 2.5 inch heels under some very well tailored jeans..I may have gotten one stare, but I didn't feel threatened.

Enjoy your time out.

Banned Read only
    9pm and back at hotel. First, I had a great time. The (Torrance) Galleria is quite walkable. I started at Nordstroms, wandered past every known store to a cross dresser and ended in Macy's. There were moments I really forgot that I was dressed. No one screamed, pointed or even did a double take. I got "Mamm'd"several times. That was the good. But, on my way out of Macy's, a twenty-something gal gave me the hard stare from 50 feet. I was either so border-line passable that she really had to study me or she made me instantly and was trying to figure out what the dude was doing (I was looking at handbags). This was only my 5th timeout or so but it is certainly getting easier. I think if my wife were with me (and she has volunteered to do so) it would be really easy and somehow it ink I'd pass more easily. You know, kind of the good looking woman (her) with her ugly friend (me). Overall, a great time.

Hi Jennifer! Glad you had a great time! Next time take the wife and double the fun! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

It's actually the Redondo Galleria and I know it very well as it's one of my go-to malls in SoCal. Actually though, you missed an opportunity. There is a much better mall about 4 miles up Hawthorne Blvd. called Del Amo although there is no Nordstrom there. Food for thought if you will be in town any longer.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    I'm sure you are having a great time. It feels so good when everything comes together the way you want.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    So glad you had a good time out shopping in CA. If you ever get to SF, let me know.

Thanks for writing about your experience shopping, Jennifer. Thanks, too, for checking in with me.

Banned Read only
    Mandy,I've come a long ways since corresponding with you. I owe you much. It's funny, I am so worried about being "read" but as I was walking in the mall, I thought about something my wife said,"The same things that make you a good looking man, also make you a good looking woman, it's just that you have a male facial structure.". Well I can't change that, so all I can do is present a look as best I can. Take are Mandy and keep your head up!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    If you ever get to SF, let me know.
    I will Rachel. I do get to SF on occasion. It'd be nice to go out with someone.