Thread: Female perspective on men in bras, from outside the TG community

Female perspective on men in bras, from outside the TG community

I was just looking at some size 14 pumps on Amazon when I noticed a list of questions from a "fashion forum" at the bottom of the page. I was vaguely aware that Amazon has these forums. Amazon posts the questions with the most recent responses, and there in the fashion forum was: "What do you think of men wearing flat type bras in public?"

As you will see below, the poster is asking what women think. I found some of the post illuminating, generally for their tolerance (and the female dislike of bras!). I have copied the question and a clutch of the 84 replies.

By the way, the question with by far the most responses? "Why don't women wear pantyhose and stockings anymore?"

Rex says:
    I am straight as an arrow. Somehow tho i like wearing panties. Then it go tme interested in bras. I wear them under my shirts. No one knows. I don't wear a bra too work just on weekends out and no one knows. My girlfriend is OK with it me wearing them out as long as it doesn't show much. She says be yourself don't hide it from me and be all weird about it. What does all the ladies out there think.

Deidre Warner says:
    Whatever floats your boat.

Tristan Benjamin says:
    Do what makes you feel good! You're not hurting anyone, so why not?!

C. Gibson says:
    I think its cute for some reason, lol. I just wonder what you mean when you say you like it....do you get sexually excited, feel more comfortable in them, or just think they're pretty? Like in what way?

Marilyn Martin says:
    Psychology says that most men who enjoy wearing women's clothes are straight. It's an odd fetish, but as long as there's nothing predatory (like other sexual malfunctions), go ahead and enjoy!

vicki says:
    Seems sick to me.
    Most of us hate wearing a bra, but must for modesty and support.
    But I agree, if you're not hurting anyone else, wear whatever you like.

Vee says:
    What's with all the crossdressing questions? I'm not asking this because I think it's wrong. Whatever a person wants to wear, it's their business. However, I think guys are asking these questions just for kicks and to get attention. These males figured out that these types of questions make for a long thread and people like to feel special.

Should men wear pantyhose? Should men wear high heels? Should men wear women's underwear? Should men carry purses? WTF? The questions are endless and old. If these men in reality were really wearing this stuff, do you think they'd be asking what we thought? I don't think so. I guess I'm contributing to the madness here but I'm just making a point.

And to answer the OP's question, nothing would turn me off faster than a man in women's clothes but I can't speak for other women.

idontknow says:
    @vee...
    I feel the same way about women who dress sloppy in mens clothes.

Downylon says:
    Vee, you may be right in some cases. But I think a lot of times men post these questions because crossdressing is so unaccepted and they have been doing it in shame and secrecy. They are sincerely hoping that they will receive accepting posts so they will feel okay about what they do. It is so different for men than for women.

Vee says:
    So you really think most of these posts are legitimate? So basically what you're saying is, men who like to crossdress come to Amazon to ask Amazon shoppers their opinions on whether it's ok for them to wear various female clothing items? As if whether or not they wear this type of attire is contingent on what the Amazon community thinks. Um...Ok.

kel says:
    I am just cracking up about htis whole conversation because I hate wearing a bra! I only wear one to be decent, because I have to. If I could get away with going bra-less all the time I would. I just don't like guys staring at my boobs all the time, and wearing a bra seems to help with that, some. So the whole idea of a man wearing a bra even though he doesn't need one is ridiculas. Aren't you uncomfortable? I don't have a problem with it, I just don't understand...

Kaity J. says:
    I think it's not only strange but it's possible your arrow is bent.

Jaguar says:
    I agree with you Kaity. A man who says that he is straight and likes to wear women's clothing is not so straight after all. He probably hasn't discovered himself yet.

A. Roy says:
    No, research suggests that the majority of crossdressers are heterosexual. It has been the public perception since they are outside the "norm" that they are gay.
    As far as a man wearing a bra, if he has breasts no matter what the origin, he should wear something to support them. Whether it is a gyno vest, bra, compression shirt, or an Ace bandage it would be better than letting them hang loose. On the other hand, if he has nothing there, then I can't see why one would want to wear something that is uncomfortable, hot, and annoying.

M. Phillips says:
    I'm fine with men wearing them, as long as they wear them under something. everyone should be who they are meant to be and if it makes a guy feel more like himself, then who cares.what im not ok with is the padded bras they have for 8 year olds. i dont have kids of my own, but im 25 so a lot of my friends do. and when i take their kids shopping, some of the bras they have are the same ones i own, padding, underwire, lace, everything, just in a smaller size. makes me kinda sick.

M. James says:
    I think that men's clothes are so boring. That may be the reason that some men feel the need to wear something pretty. If he wears it on the outside, he he is automatically gay. On the inside, he can keep it to himself. Wiomen can wear whatever, a sumdress with combat boots; she is making a statement. Men have been shunted into certain categories and that's it. Designers for years have tried to break the sterotypes with no success. Men need to start expressing themselves on the outside a bit more. First of all, lose that stupid tie.

Rex says:
    a little excited, and they feel great, especially satin ones.

Rex says:
    I agree

Rex says:
    Well clothes are in relationship to society and culture and time frame. Heck men in the 1700's would wear things like that in 2011, Yeah he would be considered flaming. SO it's understandable. Just don't wanna feel weird about it but i guess i mostly have a fetish. I have tested myself and the sight of a guy makes me sick and i do love to be and talk to women and be with woman. Never have i wanted to be with a guy or has it ever crossed my mine. Just asking opinions. As a Scottish american we don't wear kilts as they are called and considered skirts but in Scotland you can. Just seems weird to me that people can't just let people be themselves. I say be yourself and don't worry what others are doing if it's not hurting anyone

Mountain gal says:
    Just remember what your Mom used to say-Don't get in an accident and go to the hospital with "nasty" underwear on.

Rex says:
    true a fresh pair every time LOL

Thanks for posting this, Elizabeth Ann. Very interesting!

I think they have it right. CD'ers are going there to make themselves feel better about wearing a bra or what other item they want to wear.

There comes a time when you just must be yourself and wear what you want.
    Michelle

Silver Member
    The responses pretty much echo what's been written here by the GG's, both pro and con.

Lea

Gold Member
    Well for myself; I enjoy wearing a bra. I can fill out an "A" cup with out extras. And now
    with colder weather, and wearing heaver shirts, I can wear a bra with out the embarrassment
    of being "spotted". My wife is OK with me dressing around the house, but under dressing out
    side must not show through. If my wife tolerates it, why not the rest of the world.
    Rader

Another 'nothing new under the sun' thread.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.