Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What occupation generates the most CDers?

What occupation generates the most CDers?

There are a lot of gay people in the Arts and Television.
    There seems to be a lot of IT and computer people in CD.
    Has any one got a different opinion?
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 12-14-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Make question easier to understand

Well, there are going to be more IT and computer people represented on any internet forum, simply because you have to be more computer knowledgeable to find these forums in the first place. Someone who picks up garbage and only uses his computer for email and facebook may not have the skills to search for, or even suspect that there are forums like these. Over half the people I work with don't even know that they can find all sorts of things with google, and they all have college degrees. Scary how stupid the general public is, sometimes.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Hey it is "the google". My guess we are in all occupations but some jobs require us to be deeper underground than others. Also, some communities lack diversity which tends to keep us more sheltered. How would you like to be a cd'ing cop in a small southern town?

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

I think Beverly is saying that people who are CD/TS/TG are drawn to certain types of occupations, not the other way around. Maybe is just that so many of " our community " are so intelligent & well read.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

British Comedy actors, probably.

Female impersonators.

Quote Originally Posted by MsArlene View Post
    I think Beverly is saying that people who are CD/TS/TG are drawn to certain types of occupations, not the other way around. Maybe is just that so many of " our community " are so intelligent & well read.
    No, it's just that the stupid ones won't be able to get here.....or to any online obscure forums. To think that we're somehow smarter or better than any other group of folks, well, every group of people likes to believe that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Very true sometimes.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa333 View Post
    Female impersonators.
    Still laughing, hahahaa.

Got to be coal miners like me? All that free eye liner!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    UPS ... we all wear the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by miaTX86 View Post
    Still laughing, hahahaa.
    Its about time one of my stupid comments made someone laugh thanks!

This question or similar comment seems to pop in conversation from time to time. I have found the answer varies based on the exact group gathered (i.e., it changes). In any group, there are bound to be some commonalities which leads to loose correlations due to the small sample size relative to the total population. In the local transgender social group, there is a huge range of occupations and none that seem to dominate. Surprisingly, there is a number of truck drivers and heavy equipment operators. IMHO, crossdressing crosses all boundaries, and there is no strong correlation with occupation if everyone is sampled.

Top 10 Occupations of Crossdressers

10. Cashier in a convience store
    9. Fashion designer
    8. Disney World tour guide
    7. Actor in British comedies
    6. Palm Springs realtor
    5. Television weatherman
    4. Makeup artist
    3. Office machine repairman
    2. Walmart greeter

And the number one prefered job of crossdressers . . .
    1. FBI Director

In the support groups and social scene here in Minneapolis/St. Paul I find mostly professionals. I know CD/TV/TGs that are Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, Architects, Programmers, Engineers, IT, Landscapers, Artists, Performers, and truck drivers to name a few. I agree with Melissa, we are a fairly broad swath of folks..

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Storrs View Post
    10. Cashier in a convience store
    9. Fashion designer
    8. Disney World tour guide
    7. Actor in British comedies
    6. Palm Springs realtor
    5. Television weatherman
    4. Makeup artist
    3. Office machine repairman
    2. Walmart greeter

And the number one prefered job of crossdressers . . .
    1. FBI Director
    When I hit #1 I laughed out loud sitting by myself at Starbucks! Embarrassing!

Lea

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I'd also include professional forum poster !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

well, for me, I was stealing my mother's panties @ 4 years old. But I was influenced by Betty Boop who was my fav cartoon. I work in IT now, but have been a chef, sales person, men's dept mgr, machinist, welder, painter, plumber and electrician, plus some things I've forgotten no doubt.

As fore I'm self employed in corporate aviation. I go to work everyday wearing a dress,or a skirt and heels.the people that work for me are very supportive. Some of my employees are required to wear a skirt and heels(flight attendants) and I wouldn't ask anyone to do anything unless I wouldn't do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    There are a lot of gay people in the Arts and Television.
    There seems to be a lot of IT and computer people in CD.
    Has any one got a different opinion?
    Firstly, your title indicates that you believe a certain occupation causes someone to become a CD. Since so many of us started at a very young age (myself at 8) it would appear that your premise is false to begin with. If you mean do CD's gravitate to a certain occupation then I would again say no.
    Yes, there are many gays in the arts and theater, but since many are still in the closet there is no way to determine with any accuracy what percentage hold a particular job. The same is true with CD's. We have no idea what the actual number of CD's in the U.S. or the world for that matter is and therefore we have no means to quantify those in a particular occupation with respect to the whole.
    I know ladies who are in IT, but also many who are in other sectors that have nothing to do with any technical function.

Generalities are something that we as CD's must face and they usually don't make things easier for those who wish to leave the closet.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Paine View Post
    When I hit #1 I laughed out loud sitting by myself at Starbucks! Embarrassing!

Lea
    When I got to #1 I laughed out loud too!!!

For me it was my soda coming out my nose when I got to the end of post #15.

I thought the most common jjob on this site was retired, that answer seems to come up a lot.
    Tina B. Ex-trucker/bookkeeper.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

"What occupation generates the most CDers?"

Since on average, the largest demigraphic groups represent about ten percent (10%) of the population, it is reasonable to suggest about ten percent (10%) of any profession could be represented here. Or are CD/TG/TS etc..

I would suggest that no occupation generates CDers, only that CDers are reresented in all occupations. Even the ones which for the most part one would least expect to find them. Such as the military, firemen/women, police officers, and other occupations labeled as "1st responders."

From what i've seen of this forum we have members from all occupations, all walks of life, all levels of economic situation, and even a few outsiders like myself.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)