Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you look nicer in male mode since you started dressing?

Do you look nicer in male mode since you started dressing?

I was wondering if you changed your attitudes or appearance in male mode since you started dressing.

I was an average dresser who went too long between haircuts, just wore deodorant and washed up in the shower once a day. Shaved twice a week.

Now that I'm crossdressing, I'm shaving every other day. More timely haircuts, thinking about cologne. Looking into skin care products like moisturizers and exfoliators. Also, thinking about fancier male clothes (thinking about trading in the winter coat for a nice tan trench coat). Maybe spending so much time being Staci is rubbing off on my other half. I'm not thinking about being androgenous, or metrosexual, just seem to be paying a bit more attention than usual how I look around the clock, not just when I'm Staci.

I guess it's a positive thing. But was just wondering what you guys thought?

Staci

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    You bet. I never go out without makeup or well-groomed eyebrows. I've given up on pants, male footwear, and body hair, as well. My posture has improved from both my shoes and my feminine poise. Oh, and my skin is thanking me for using moisturizer. And...most importantly, all of this makes my girlfriend happier.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Quote Originally Posted by ME2.0 View Post
    Do you look nicer in male mode since you started dressing?
    Good question, Staci. I never have really liked my guy-mode; but since you have brought it up, I would say he's better off now for having Misti in there for, lo, these past 18 months, or so.

L&R
    M. (the guy-mode says, Hi, too! )

With regard to posture and general grooming, yes. With regard to clothes, nope. My male wardrobe is dull, utilitarian and blah.

Anna

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Lorree View Post
    With regard to posture and general grooming, yes. With regard to clothes, nope. My male wardrobe is dull, utilitarian and blah.

Anna
    This fairly well describes me too. My wife says that I could take some lessons from Dana. As a guy, I'm just not that interested in clothes (guy clothes). I do have a tendency to look at girl clothes though.
    Dana Ryan

Hi,

Depends on who answers this, you have to reilise , i ....hated ....totaly boy / male clothes, hated longs of any type so wore shorts pretty much for 54 years, I did not like how i looked ether.

Tho i have a friend one of many ....who ....said i would have looked a hansome man about 5 months ago. she knows im a woman so yes we can talk about my past well i do with many people , no probs there. yes i have a good number of pics . im not bothered with my male background as such just those bloody clothes, so youll get the idear those clothes & me did not get on.

As a side to this i did a lot of horse rideing had our own & i said to Jos why did i not shave my legs this would have been over 30 years ago becuse my leg hairs knoted up some thing shocking & Jos would not have said any thing or would have bothered her . just did not think to do it then. & we talked about this two days ago.

Oh yes clothes, well im far happyer in my womans clothes & i do dress nicely .

A male suit to me is a straight jacket & i never ever wore one ,& ties that was a noose around my neck..

so pretty much shorts socks & ether boots or nice shoes a tee & jumper when cold & did have a duffle coat that i liked so not very dressed up , of cause on the moter bikes & so on wore wet weather gear or a wind coat,
    I tryed to keep away from male clothes as best i could, was not a true male to start with . any way im over that now.

Tho it was a struggle .oh yes i do have a pic of Jos & i on here some where in the pic place, & that shows what we looked like some years ago.

...noeleena...

yes yes yes i have even got him to wear pink & panties with a little make up................................................ .....di

At work I've gotten the reputation of always over dressing for every occasion.. I wear a suit and tie even though my boss and our VP rarely do... And I'm always well groomed... On days I go to the mine and show up in casual attire and a ball cap... Nobody recognizes me. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by ME2.0 View Post
    Now that I'm crossdressing, I'm shaving every other day. More timely haircuts, thinking about cologne. Looking into skin care products like moisturizers and exfoliators. Also, thinking about fancier male clothes (thinking about trading in the winter coat for a nice tan trench coat). Maybe spending so much time being Staci is rubbing off on my other half. I'm not thinking about being androgenous, or metrosexual, just seem to be paying a bit more attention than usual how I look around the clock, not just when I'm Staci.
    This is so nice to hear!!! I'm sure your wife/girlfriend is also thrilled that you care about your male appearance. When you go out together, you can make her proud!

Usually threads like this are full of responses from CDers who take delight in spending as little time, effort, and money on male clothes, in favor of the femme clothes and presentation.

I once asked if the average CD's refusal to take pride in his male appearance was a form of rebellion or something. If memory serves, the bulk of the respondents explained that males don't usually care about these things, which doesn't at all jive with the men in my life. My sons, brother, father, ex, male friends, etc all care about their appearance, especially when they go out with women!
    Reine

Silver Member
    My wife keeps me looking presentable when it comes to everyday male clothing, else I would walk around rumpled and threadbare. I just have never been able to make myself care about male clothing. Right now I have a made to measure suit suit that's been waiting for me to pick up at Brooks Brothers for weeks and I just don't care. Over time, with age, and progressively exploring deeper into dressing and gender identity, my attention to male clothing has only declined further, not gone in the other direction.

Grooming, skin care, brows, etc. are another thing entirely. I'm also on an aggressive weight loss push.

Lea

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

I once asked if the average CD's refusal to take pride in his male appearance was a form of rebellion or something.
    Reine,

You posted your response a second before I did, I think, so I didn't see yours first.

Yes, it is a sort of rebellion for me. The male clothing is "not me" and I've always viewed it as pressure to conform.

Lea
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-18-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Multi-posting is not allowed here. Please write your consecutive comments in one post.

Not really. I'm still a jeans and t-shirt type. I shave daily no matter what so that hasn't changed (unless you count hating to shave more each day).
    I do moisturize more, but haircuts are just as infrequent (no one sees it under my wig).

It's a uniform at work and casual at home...till this girl arrives, then who knows....LOL.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I once asked if the average CD's refusal to take pride in his male appearance was a form of rebellion or something. If memory serves, the bulk of the respondents explained that males don't usually care about these things, which doesn't at all jive with the men in my life. My sons, brother, father, ex, male friends, etc all care about their appearance, especially when they go out with women!
    Reine,

For me it's not a matter of rebellion, rather it is that my male persona is not what I am exploring right now. I made my male persona my priority in my 20's (to the detriment of my feminine self), now I am learning to love my feminine self. I am exploring Anna in order to have balance between both sides of me. Because of that, I put my emphasis on my feminine appearance more often then not.

Another factor is that where I live, men just don't tend to dress formally. Wranglers, Carhartts and camo are far more common here than polo shirts and suits. As a CD, I learned to blend in as a male. Now, all of that said, yes I do own nice male clothes as well as feminine clothes. I just don't want to wear them as much as I want to wear my feminine clothes.

Anna

Yes

Crossdressing helped me to learn a lot about my tastes, my sensuality. It opened me to knew colors (clothes and make up), new odors and tastes(make up products, perfumes, wax, curling tongs, buble bath, mix of all), new feelings (pantyhose, earrings, clothes fabric, pulling hairs, long hair, walking with heels, applying cream), new sounds (earrings against the phone, feminine words like "sweetheart", "pretty").

I decided my tastes are not only linked to my feminity but directly linked to me. When my legs are cold I put on pantyhose, I always dreamed to have my hear pierced so they are pierced now. I love my long hair. I always loved pink so I wear pink male clothes sometimes. I cream my body, epilate myself, trim a little my eyebrows. It is what I feel good for me, in male and in female mode. And I find myseld nicer. And my wife finds me nicer, and happier.

Not yet.

I'm your typical outdoors type in guy mode. Tshirts and jeans with stubble on the face, ball cap, but still clean. Marleena is due to break out soon (after the holidays) which requires clean shaven.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I clearly am more mindful of my presentation in both genders now that I have more than one gender to worry about

But, it's more than that:

I was at a routine physical about 4 years ago and the doc and I got to chatting about aging and he looked at me sternly and said, "fight it! If anyone can, you can!" I'm a scientist and he was challenging me to use what I know toward my longevity. What he didn't know was that it wasn't just the science that suddenly peeked my interest. As I was walking back to work I looked the older men that I ran into with much more intereset. Almost all of them were either slightly bent over as they walked, or had hair wildly growing out of everywhere!!! YUCK.

So that did it. Now I think of deportment in both genders. I use all of the skin anti-aging products I think are actually working for me. I moisturize everywhere every day (as does a famous center-fielder, or so he said in a recent interview!). I need to watch my diet to keep Tina's curves improving! I clearly don't want hair growing in bushels from everywhere!!!

GGs have worried about health and appearance for years, and it's time we took our cue from them!

tina

I answer yes! Since I have been out so regular I take a lotta' pride in the way I look all the time!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I don't know. I've been dressing my whole adult life, so it's impossible to say.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Accepting myself as dual gendered made me a happier and complete person, and it followed that I became proud of myself, no matter the mode. I have much better posture, better skin, less hair, and look ten years younger or more than my 50 years would suggest. (At least according to friends and family..) So yes, accepting Kimberly made Tim a better person, and I started to care how I looked more than I had for some 30+ years.

I also windsurf, both as Kimberly and as Tim, and I simply had to keep my body in better shape to feel comfortable at the beach. Of course living in Estonia for three years exposed me to the pedestrian environment there, and since people are out in public every day, they all strive to look better! The friends there helped me to select clothes that fit properly, and had style, for both Tim and Kimberly. I think it all comes down to self acceptance, once you accept yourself, you stand taller and want to look better.

Much love!
    Kimberly

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Yup, I do a better job taking care of my skin, lotions, sun blocks etc.

Oh yea, just like the others have said. I now take much better care of my body, shave, skin care, etc... Lost over 40 lbs and have just a better perspective on life. Having Renne come out to the world (not family though) has made a big impact on my male half... It's like this new world of fem, with it's own language and fashion....

Renne....

Not sure if I look nicer or not () but it definitely has affected my male mode. After I started crossdressing this year I became much more aware of clothing. It made me think much more creatively about clothing. I bought more varieties of clothing in colours I normally did not consider. I pushed my boundaries. I experimented in clothing as a guy like I'd never done before. So I think that crossdressing has had a positive influence in that regard.... and in many other ways besides! I think in a way I started dressing this year because late last year my SO complained that I had no sense of style in clothes... I was (inwardly) offended because I knew that I had it in me but realized at the time of her statement that I was suppressing myself! I would wear the same shirt/pants so often it would drive my SO to complain. Maybe she regrets that now!

Excellent discussion!

Actually, I have always taken pride in my appearance and cared about male fashion. To me, there's more to it than shirts & jeans. Also, I've been moisturizing my face and waxing my eyebrows since high school. My father also takes pride in his appearance, though he is not cd.

I love looking my best no matter if I'm presenting as a guy or girl

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    At work I've gotten the reputation of always over dressing for every occasion.. I wear a suit and tie even though my boss and our VP rarely do... And I'm always well groomed... On days I go to the mine and show up in casual attire and a ball cap... Nobody recognizes me. Lol.
    Karren...you look great in that avatar...soopah doopah smooches Jackie

I guess I don't have a real all male mode anymore..I'm always at least half female in dress.....Love it ... Jackie
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-18-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Multi-posting is not allowed here. Please write your consecutive comments in one post.
    Jackie

I guess really, that that boy in the corner dresses far worse. All his clothes come from goodwill and are replaced only when absolutely needed. Granted, he does have a better hair cut and shaves more often. Then, there are the omnipresnt earings and perfume. Oh dear, that poor, poor boy.

I have to admit dressing has been part of my motivation to get back into shape but besides that i don't think there has been much change in my male life