Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photos... Storing them

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Modeling portfolios for my professional stuff. All imperfect images are archived on my External HD.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Just keep your pics on a Cd and label the CD "My colonoscopy pics"; no one will ever look at them!

Seriously, there are some good tips here. I've got over 20 GB it pics and videos that I don't want people to see. I keep mine in my computer, on an external hard drive and on DVDs that are hidden in my house. Normally I don't have to worry about it, but a few times a year when the kids and grandkids visit, it's another story.

Long term, we are all going to die or become incapacitated in some way. Eventually, someone is going to go through all of our stuff and they will find everything.My wife knows where everything is and she knows what to destroy should something happen to me. If something happens to both of us, my step daughter that I am very open with, also knows where everything is and what to destroy. This way I do have a back up and it's pretty reassuring that I'm covered.

Of course finding this stuff would make for some pretty interesting eulogy material!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    Once the photo gets onto your hard drive it is almost impossible to erase by any means except a full wipe of the drive,. I'm not an expert, but I've been told that almost anyone who knows the rudiments of information recovery can with the proper programs access every photo that has ever been saved on a computer's hard drive. The type of entities which have the requisite hardware and software to do the job include sophisticated metropolitan police departments, many private investigation agencies, almost every computer repair shop, and lots of internet hackers.
    Many disc defragmentation programs have an option to "wipe" remants of old files off the drive. This will do fine for most people. If you think the police or FBI will be checking your hard drive, you'll have to shash it with a sledge hammer cut it into pieces with a band saw, burn it with a torch, and then throw the pieces into the river off a bridge or from a boat in another part of the country.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I was in the hospital a few years ago and my adult daughter came to the house to help my wife pay my bills (electronically). Apparently she accidentally found naked photos of my wife because she said something to me about it. I can only hope I hadn't left any of me on the hard drive.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I forgot to answer the question. My photos are on a password protected USB thumb drive that's kept in a desk drawer, not in the computer.

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    External Hard drive secured by Truecrypt (as mentioned by other posters).

Even the FBI would have trouble accessing it if they wanted too...(but why would they?) no chance of someone turning on the computer and finding them.

I keep my banking info, customer data etc another truecrypt partition too... it is so handy!

I keep mine on my computer, password protected. Other family membes have their own computer anyway. The pics are also on CD's, and also backed up on a portable (backup) hard drive.
    But I also wanted to say that I started a scrapbook over ten years ago, printing favorite photos and pasting them into a scrapook, which is kept with my clothes, shoes, makeup, etc. Hey, if I get busted, I really get busted. ha ha The scrapbook is fun to look at occasionally, reminding me of some really good dressup sessions.

I keep mine on several SD cards and on my lap top - lots of copies, a file or two for resized internet pics and for differert occasions. Every one in my famly knows to one extent or another anyway, just so pics are not ready available and out of sight is all I am conserned about..............Debra

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    I gave up the PC years ago and put them on Flickr and some on Photbucket

Since I've only been using a digital camera for a year, (I got it as a gift last Xmas), I'm still learning how to upload, download, and unload all the pics I take. I wouldn't have a clue how to store them on a CD or any other electronic media. However I have several shoe boxes full of stored photos that were taken on an old technology called film. It worked quite well for me when I used it and I didn't have all the frustration of dealing with a *$#&@ computer. The only disadvantage is finding enough space for all those shoe boxes.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Photobucket. I love it. It's safe, easy, and has nice editing tricks. If I can use it, anyone can--for sure!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    The woman I hired to take photos of wear my clothes keeps them for me! Lol.
    Quote: "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" -- I believe Karen has. =)
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

And.....for those of you who haven't seen this, the actual response to the above quote, which I find to be most enlightening:

“You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.”

Just for the curious, the original post was from a Japanese person attempting to comment on a video game. I think he made a valid point, myself.
    Last edited by Crysten; 12-16-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".