Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wearing girly clothes but still looking like a guy

wearing girly clothes but still looking like a guy

I am going to get my haircut today and I will be wearing a girly top and sweater. It definatley won't match the rest of me because I will look how I normaly do, "like a guy!" just wearing the girly top and sweater, all other clothes will be manly, I figure why the heck not. I will only be seen once I get into the salon and pull of my coat. I'm still very nervous.
    How many girls would do this sort of thing and not give a s*!t?

Platinum Member
    Yeah, I have done that. About 2 years ago now, I was trying to let a little bit of my feminine side out by wearing some light make up, bra and forms, a fem top and sometimes heels...but usually covered by a men's sport coat. I never had any bad experiences, but it wasn't fully satisfying for me.

It was pointed out by a friend here, that I was probably presenting a more incongruous appearance than if I simply went out fully en femme.

Now that it's winter time I have taken to wearing my bra with forms with my heavy coat on and being completely underdressed with hose and panties. When I go out to lunch I walk right up to the fast-food counter to order and nobody bats an eye. Although I would much rather be fully dressed, it feels nice to be able to at least wear everything underneath.

And then there are times when I wear my bra and all the rest to go get a haircut but not the forms. I always worry about the bra straps showing. But as far as mixing it up on the outside, I try to stay away from that unless it is something androgynous looking. I hate being snickered at.
    Last edited by Dana7; 12-16-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Would never do that! It's not a mix and match thing for me. I wear my panties all the time, but other than that it's one way or the other for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Would never do that! It's not a mix and match thing for me..
    Me neither. I've tried it a few times but not wearing a skirt didn't do anything for me.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I try that a few times before I transition but I felt like people might be laughing at me and thinking I was a guy just being weird. After deciding to transition I don't care what people think now. Sounds so weird now that I think about it but it is true.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been going out as a guy dressed enfemme (completely) for 6 years now! I wear no makeup or a wig so I am definitely a man. Have never heard one single negative comment!! But I have had lots of compliments on my outfits, from both men and women!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Well I tried to go out today but it didn't work. I had to change back to the dam sweatshirt while I was drivin but still got the hair done and a mani/pedi! The funny thing was during the pedi the one lady said with a real foreign accent, poalish? Poalish? And like a chicken I jammed out as I was sitting beside 3 GG's! Next time it will be a big OH YES to the poalish!!!!

Well I'm not the kind of girl that does anything half way and I haven't arrived at the IDC 'tude yet. First step was to loose the butterflies. Now that they're gone, who knows what's next. Glad you had an outing with wearing what you feel like....

Renne.....

I'm with Renne, I'm not someone to half do anything. That's why I've never ventured out of my apartment dressed up.

This might just be me, but I think it takes more courage to go out presenting as someone in between male and female. Kudos!

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

I always wear female clothing and always present as a male, but I don't go out wearing a skirt unless it's late at night or I'm going someplace where I won't run into a lot of people. I do wear a lot of girly looking jeans, and wear flared jeans as much as straight leg. If I'm wearing a logo t-shirt, it's often something female-oriented. I push the envelope as far as I can without looking or feeling ridiculous, and have probably pushed it too far on many occasions. I'm also fond of wearing a lacy top under a sweater or sweatshirt, so it occasionally shows a little bit. I don't like taking it to the point were I wouldn't feel comfortable having a normal conversation or flirting with a GG, and I usually don't get many odd looks.

For those that know me, they know I NEVER dress 100% feminine, can't get attacment to work, so just have to describe it, Top to Bottom, Sparkley Santa Hat, Red T-Shirt, Denim Skirt, Red High Heels, and I am currently sporting a beard and gohtee...

More than one way to skin a cat... I uploaded the photo to another site, here it is
    Last edited by Intertwined; 12-17-2011 at 04:12 AM. Reason: added photo
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Hi,

Youd best not come with this ummm well you make up your mind.

I dont think you v got much to worry about.

& this is most days well one part is ,

Down the road meet lots of people dressed , skirt top sneckers white sockes girl'e ones no make up just lippy ,no hair to worry about just my head scrarve ,
    my shoulder back pack bag & one Lab dog hooked on to my belt , & off we go.

On a few days at the Museum orange overall's head scarve no make up tools in hand doing building or what ever needed, or similar at home.

Or bike rideing with a group of any up to 15 men & women shorts tops skid lid no make up if you call lippy enough .& bike gloves .

Just a miner detail , being a masculine featured looking woman im just who i am & every one just calls me noeleena just the same. no matter what i wear or do.... get your self out there youll get seen enough that no one s even bothered

...noeleena...

i do all the time. i would say 90% of the time i go out wearing women's jeans and shirt with a nice set of flats. ill even let my facial hair grow. nobody has ever said a word to me.

Silver Member
    Most of the time I wear all fem stuff. I don't wear makeup or wig either. I do underdress with bra but don't wear forms or really need them. Only a few instances of double looks and only a couple of negative comments in many years. It is also easy since I wear mostly casual sports clothes.

As for getting your hair cut in this mode. I've done it a lot. Went to a high end salon and as the woman giving me my shampoo was drying my hair she started giving me a scalp massage. She suddenly came down my neck and slid her hands under my poloshirt to masage the base of my neck. I suddenly could feel her fingers slide accross my bra straps. She never missed a beat, but I jumped. She just smilled and continuted. It was a great massage and I gave her a good tip.

I wear my gf's jeans all the time. If you look you can tell, if your not paying attention then you don't. But I like it.

Well my stuff is more unisex, though women wear them predominately. I have been wearing leggings for over a year for work, along with my spandex jeans. I have also worn the occasional skirt over leggings. I also am male to androgynous in mannerisms when out clubbing.

I wish more guys would do this, then I would not feel so odd, though most of the time I could care less of other's reactions. Soon I may not have to worry about the FAA as well.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Wink

I noticed that people don't really care what you wear. I've gone grocery shopping totally en femm and as a man in women's clothes. Just yesterday I went to the store in a femm top, jeans , bra, breast forms and my keds. No make up and facial hair. Just wore a sweat shirt over top. No body cares. Last summer went to the mall in a totally femm top, capris and keds. So wear what you want, the only person paying attention is you. Have courage and fun!
    Just wearing what's comfortable!

I do my laundry at the laundry mat in a sweater and leggings usually. Now that it's winter, I wear my ladies leather coat on top. It's cut is feminine. Other than that, the women around here wear jeans mostly, so I follow suit. Blending is the best thing to do, I find.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't dress that way. Even in my closet! Because I don't like the way I look or feel unless I'm dressed all the way to Sherry!

But, as Jessica said, I have the GREATEST RESPECT AND ADMIRATION for all of u that fearlessly present yourselves in public JUST THE WAY U WISH TO!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I often have a femmy look in boy mode. I wear girls fitted jeans with navy Keds, a plain colored girls tee with a slightly scooped neckline, and a baby blue and gray girls hoodie. I also wear a gray baseball cap and gold stud earrings. Occasionally I might add mascara and paint my nails. Ok, sometimes people look me up and down, but 99% I don't feel like anyone is looking at me and no has ever said anything to my face except one time a woman told me she liked my manicure and asked where I got it done. I feel that if you do it right you can wear feminine clothes as a guy. IMHO it just depends on how you look and what kind of clothes they are. I'm sure the average person (who knows nothing about gender expression) just assumes I'm effeminate and/or gay ... and I'm totally ok with that.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

When I work the nerve to go out I want to look as female as possible. I want to blend in if I can, I just don't want any extra attention drawn to myself.

I would not dictate to anybody else how they should go out though. It's totally their choice.

I can understand wanting to dress, but holding back for all the usual reasons, then going out half-assed. But to me, that would be such a waste... If you're going to go out, do it 100%, because otherwise you still have all the same fears but less than the full reward.

Me, if I've gotta be in public in guy mode, I just go with the undies and make sure no one's gonna see. I also get away with women's skinny jeans all the time and no one has ever noticed or asked what the heck I was wearing.