Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caught off guard

Caught off guard

I just wanted to share a story that happened to me today. I was at my girlfriend's house sitting on the couch using my laptop. Then all of the sudden I noticed her mom was staring at me and I looked over and smiled. Then out of no where she asked if I was wearing mascara. She said underneath my eyes it looked like it. I said no but kind of choked up because I wasn't expecting it. I had dressed the night before but I used makeup remover and thought I had gotten everything.

This situation has made me a little nervous but my girlfriend said not to worry she was only joking. But I'm the type of person who keeps thinking about things and let them bother me. I just don't want her to suspect anything because I'm not ready for anyone but my girlfriend to know about this.

So that's my story if anyone has any comments or can share similar experiences please share.
    ~~Melissa~~

Wow Melissa, that's a tough one. She obviously nailed you........Is there time to create a "costume" excuse or just everyone says that about my lashes....? Ask your GF for some help too. GOOD LUCK........
    Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

My wife can tell when I've been playing in makeup a mile away! The lashes always get stained or darkened no mater how well you remove your makeup.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes you do have to be careful but I have been asked if I was wearing mascara and told I have beautiful long eye lashes that most girls would die for and I have never in my life done anything with anything to do with my lashes. Tell her it is just something you were blessed with.

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    I was on my way to get coffee this morning when I noticed my slightly curled, dark lashes in the mirror!

The drive-thru Dunkin Donuts was the obvious solution. Yeah the make-up remover doesn't work 100% on lashes. I'm about to re-apply, and be more diligent in removing it before bed.

Does your GF know you dress??? you look cute in your avatar maybe the mother was fishing trying to figure you out!!!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    As others have said, mascara doesn't always all come off. You could have just told your GF's mother that people say that to you a lot!! Tell her you just have nice eyes! But don't worry about it, it is not worth that!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Ya, you have to be careful with the mascara. I dressed one night years ago and thought I had it all off by the morning. I went to work that day and at the end of the day the wife said she could still see it on me. From that day forward I've tried to be a little more careful and get it all off.

Oh how many times I've been questioned about my lashes ,I just reply "I don't think so".Maybe try just a little less or even try some partial false lashes.Bye-Bye.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

yes removing mascara is the worse thing to do, no matter how goo of a job you thought you have done before you go to bed, there is always black in the morning even if it is just the goop in the corner of your eyes.

You could of said! YEAH SOOOOO! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Melissa,

Imho:

Mom may have her suspicions, and it's probably not the last time she may question you, but your gf seems to have your back. If you're not ready to explain CDing, then you either have to get deep in the closet or get self confident in sharing honestly who you are.

Best wishes,

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

It sounds like she is on to you. You just have to be a bit more careful in future. My ex girlfriend commented once, when i popped around to her hse, for a coffee. Like you i thought i had got rid of all of it. I could have died and my excuse was quite feeble really. Being caught off guard is a nitemare. My ex never knew for certain i dressed, but she had her suspicions.... good luck in future, we have all been there :-) yas x

I have had a girlfriends mom see that I was wearing panties (shown over my jeans while on the couch). Its all in how you play things off. If you want them to know, go that way. If not, then you lost a bet, etc. To each their own on how they deal with it. No universal answer fits every situation.

I'm guessing she knows since you couldn't explain the mascara away. Sort of related to this topic, it's why i don't ever do anything to my eyebrows, it's too easy to spot when a guy has his brows done. IMO, doing your eyebrows (after concealing facial hair) is one of the biggest things you can do to feminize your face.

Hi,

Heck thats pretty good youv .....got eye lashes ......to put maskra on wow.... ya ya i know youv been done.....
    You could not tell with mine. nothing there to worry about, with or with out.

...noeleena...

Aspiring Member
    If your girlfriend knows, then chances are that if her mother suspects anything she will talk to your girlfriend about it and if your girlfriend knows about you, then she will share it with you. Of course, if your girlfriend doesn't know then she may ask you about too. The way you find out is to ask your girlfriend.

Oh ya, my wife busts me everytime I have had makeup on. I have scrubbed and scrubbed and I have a couple of great removers, actually, make that 4 things I use, but there is always a little eye snot left over later. It also depends on what kind of eyeliner you use, some I find leave more of a residue than others. If she asks again, just say, you betcha, love the stuff and she will walk away.

There is a little more to this story that happened later in the night. Me and my girlfriend were getting ready to leave her house to go back to mine. I was packing up my stuff and then her mom again asked me was I wearing mascara or if I had lined my eyes. This time I was able to play it off a little better but it still was kind of awkward.

I asked her if I looked bad and she said no I actually looked good which I guess is a plus. But she just kept saying something on me looked different. My girlfriend was trying her best to try and say things like he got his haircut and shaved and things like that. Its kind of funny because I was thinking to myself that has nothing to do with my eyes looking different. But its good she has my back at least, she knows everything and is accepting of me.

So that's the end of the story, I'll just have to wait and see if she says anymore. But I'm definitely going to try and be more careful going forward.
    Last edited by Melissa.Lynn88; 12-18-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    ~~Melissa~~

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't use make up to dress. Fortunately, because I'm lite complected. And, like many have said, when I have used it, I couldn't get it all off. I strongly suggest u use the same reply I would if someone notices:

"Yes, I was trying it out for the heck of it. What do u think? Would I look better with a little eye make up?"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Melissa

I strongly suspect that your gf's Mother suspects. You need to talk to your gf, I'm assuming from what you wrote that she DOES know you dress, and see if she has any insight in to how her Mother would react if and when she does find out for sure that you dress. The be prepared for the next Inquisition and fess up. You may find that her Mother is cool with your dressing and even supports it. Good luck with your gf's Mother because I doubt that the questions are going to stop, if she suspects she's apt to keep pushing until her suspicions are confirmed - she just might not be prepared to take NO for an answer.

I use makeup remover wipes and they do a fairly good job of removing most of the eye makeup, but not all of it. Some additional washing with soap in the shower usually does the job, but again not always. What I have found to be the best remover of eye makeup is Baby Oil, but it is best used before taking a shower because you do have to wash off some residual oil film and that is best accomplished with a washcloth and a little soap.
    Babs

Say, "Yeah, I'm thinking about joining a band. I've also been looking at getting a tattoo. I guess I always wanted to be different, and not give a s__t like a rock star."

going way out on a limb here ....you think your GF may have discussed yalls little secret with her mom?

What a great topic! My wife busts me every time I wear mascara and eyeliner. I think it's the eyeliner that is more difficult to remove. I look in every mirror in the house and swear it is all off. But she comes home and barely glances at me and can tell. I have since switched to baby oil to remove my makeup and she hasn't been able to tell since! Baby oil is the key!

My daughter said that to me one time . I thought I had it all off. Somthing make me thing she knows

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa.Lynn88 View Post
    I just wanted to share a story that happened to me today. I was at my girlfriend's house sitting on the couch using my laptop. Then all of the sudden I noticed her mom was staring at me and I looked over and smiled. Then out of no where she asked if I was wearing mascara. She said underneath my eyes it looked like it. I said no but kind of choked up because I wasn't expecting it. I had dressed the night before but I used makeup remover and thought I had gotten everything.

This situation has made me a little nervous but my girlfriend said not to worry she was only joking. But I'm the type of person who keeps thinking about things and let them bother me. I just don't want her to suspect anything because I'm not ready for anyone but my girlfriend to know about this.

So that's my story if anyone has any comments or can share similar experiences please share.