Thread: Underdressing

Underdressing

Hi,

I've been reading this forum for a long time, but this is my first time to get up the nerve to post.

I've got a question for those of you that underdress. Recently I've taken to going shopping underdressed. It started with just panties but quickly moved to wearing a bra as well. To this point I've worn push up bras but with a t-shirt and pullover on top of it, so you could only notice if you were really paying attention.

I have no problem asking to try things on. So I'm comfortable with the SA's knowing that I am interested in wearing women's clothing, but I am wanting to push the envelope a little more on what I'm wearing and how people see me. So, I'm thinking of either taking off the pullover to where it is painfully obvious that I am wearing a bra, or taking the approach of wearing female slacks and a blouse even. I have no desire to buy a wig and try to actually pass, but think it would be fun to be in male mode, but all womens clothing.

So, for those of you who have done either of these things, what do you think? All male clothes but with a very obvious bra under a t-shirt or all female clothes but with no wig or make-up or anything? How are the reactions for either? I saw in another thread where someone mentioned that the "man in a dress" is a good way to incite violence. I certainly don't want to do that.

Just interested in taking the next step and being a little more bold. Would love some thoughts/recommendations from everyone here.

I underdress almost every day in the winter, but usually only panties and pantyhose and when i feel like getting a little bold i take off my socks and wear only pantyhose with my shoes when shopping or at the mall. In the summer i have worn a push up bra with a t-shirt and it seems like either people don't notice of they don't care or they think i work out and have a large chest.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Hi Victoria. I wear panties 24/7. I have begun wearing pantyhose or thigh highs when going out, and have occasionally worn a push up bra, but need to find one sized for me (44 AA?) that is a better fit and looks more natural. I will wear this 24/7. I wear the Tommy John microfiber undershirts, which are soft and long, but will replace them in an instant when I find the right slip or cami, and will wear that 24/7. Looking for the right pair of jeans (sorry Karen) and top to wear around the house in casual mode, and might consider running out to store in them if they are not too obvious. Hate my man shoes, but havent found a good casual female pair (still very new to this). You need to do what you feel comfortable with, just start subtle and if it feels good, go from there.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

People don't care what you wear under your male clothes. Heck most people don't care if I look like a guy in a dress. Never incited a riot. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've underdressed for years and its ok. I've recently tried to go out wearing womens black slacks, top and sweater and then a winter coat. I was going to then go shopping etc.... take off my coat when I've felt comfortable enough in a store but still trying not to attract too much attention. I tried the other day but couldn't do it. I was able to wear a mans shirt that was low on the shoulders and had a girls cheeta print camisole that you could clearly see. My hairdresser just smiled the whole time and I know she could see. Next time! The very best for me is getting right out there when I can wearing, womens wigs, slacks,tops, dresses, shoes and everything else. That's what I want to do!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like you're ready to move on, Vicky! I started by underdressing. However, after the arousing factor went away, I decided underdressing was pointless for ME! It didn't satisfy my desire to appear to be female and the ladies foundations and underwear were clearly uncomfortable! Compared to my drab things.

It sounds like u now desire to display your fem wear to the public. Underdressing may soon be in your rear view mirror!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Victoria

I'd go with the slacks and blouse, that's what I do.
    ColleenW

Go with some women's jeans or slacks. Most of the time they are similar enough, but different enough to get the reaction you might want.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Other than my time in the military, I have worn a bra since I was 9 years old. I had 36 B breasts and a our doctor reccomended that I wear a bra so as not to have sagging, so I did! I had started wearing panties at age 6, and now I wear them almost 24/7. But when I go out in public I am usually dressed completely enfemme, but presenting as a man. No wig or makeup! Sorry, Karren, but I do wear womens jeans at times but definitely prefer to wear a skirt or dress!! As an Insurance agent (self employed) I can't wear skirts or dresses to work, but I sure do have panties and my bra on!! And if people see my bra I just tell them that I wear it on doctors orders! BTW, my breasts are now 40 B's!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Thanks for all of the replies! Very encouraging.

Stephanie....what is the reaction usually like when you're dressed en femme but presenting as a guy? Do you get a good number of looks or comments, or do most people just ignore you? I'm thinking of doing this in a mall, but still sort of nervous. Tight slacks or even a skirt sounds like a blast, but I still need to get up the nerve!

I "underdress" as well (pantyhose, panties and bra) and have worn female type clothing but have not been so bold as to purposely show it off!!!!! I don't want to draw attention to myself or to be put in a position of defending myself either. For me, blending in is the ultimate acceptance.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

These women's undergarments are suitable for underdressing

1) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Panties with a wide crotch are best.

2) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops and a bare back is usually uncomfortable when seated. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. A slip with adjustable straps, lace trim, and a bodice is even OK as it is covered and feminine features aren’t apparent. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on pants.

3) Bra: This is generally not considered an adrogynous item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders

4) Pantyhose: A couple MD's suggested that I wear support pantyhose to avoid swelling of the legs and the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and nude, suntan, or black sheer pantyhose are OK and are more available.

Occasionally I underdress too. I found that in winter you can also wear a bra
    with breastforms.. as long as they are not more than a C cup
    Have fun

Went Xmas shopping in jeans, flats, 42 B cup bra and a red sateen blouse and a windbreaker. No problems

During the winter months I underdress almost every day. Wear garter and hose to keep my legs warm. Of course panties 24/7 - 365. I have never a bra as it might be noticed, but do wear camisoles when wearing a sweater.

I am almost always underdressed in some way. I like to shop in a blouse and dress pants. No one notices/cares. It seems more of an androgenous way to look. I have gone enfemme a couple of times and got very paranoid but it was thrilling.

Best to dress like "Other women" do for the occasion. Especially in shopping malls. Over dressing is often a problem with D. A Cd can be in more danger. But real women have to take care especially at night alone. All women except the "ladies of the nigh " Should always go out in company at night Alone at night men will certainly try to pick up a "woman I In a bar.Especially if you are recognised as being a CD by gay men

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    During the winter I wear panties and camisoles. During my cancer, I wore pantyhose because they kept the pain in my legs under control (was a factor of compression and warmth.) Once the cancer was gone I tossed the pantyhose and went back to garters and stockings.
    Last edited by Meg East; 12-20-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling

I wear panties,high thigh cut or "boy"cut with lace trim,high waisted side or back zip pants, a sports bra which shapes my "moobs" just enough,a opaque blouse with bell sleeves and bangle braclets,a pair of clogs or lower heeled wedges.Because of my long hair worn up or down does give a somewhat femme look,and my bag I prefer a hobo style.The looks and comments I get just make me snicker and smile so much.As far as violence I never have encountered it ,but am allways on gaurd for it and avoid putting myself in that situation.It's fun to make waves once in the while.Now get dressed and go shopping,leave the world behind and enjoy.It is kinda late,start anew tomorrow.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.