Thread: Assuming household chores

Smile Assuming household chores

Has anyone else experienced feminine feelings and mannerisms when doing household chores????? I know I have and those feelings become apparent when I am partially dressed and even more so when fully dressed.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Im not Alicia Sliverstone Clueless's Avatar
    Maybe on the feelings, depending on how you define that. I used to do chores like cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, etc for some girls I knew. They lived across the state, and I would visit & do some work on their cars. They worked late nights & I would like to surprise them by cleaning up. Didn't dress or even think about Cding at all back then. If one of them even suspected there was any Cding trait in me, she would have taken full advantage of it I'm sure.

all i need is to put on my apron .then you should see me go cooking,cleaning luandry,i feel like a housewife

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    If, by feminine feelings, you mean tiredness, the feeling the tasks will never end (there's always another load of laundry!), and wondering for the umpteenth time why your kids don't understand that "put your stuff away" means to stop leaving it in a pile on the kitchen floor, then yes - I feel 'feminine' all the time!

Kathi

I think a sexy little maid costume would motivate most of us to do more housework.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I think a sexy little maid costume would motivate most of us to do more housework.
    I think you're right there, Marleena, but as one who was a single parent for a lot of years, I've lost a bit of my love for housework. On the other hand, that maid costume. . .

I definitely get some kind of feeling when I scrub the toilet... Never related it to femininity...... but now that I think of it its probably pretty close to a morning sickness feeling!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Maybe I'm just a Felix Unger but cleanliness is not just a feminine trait or IS IT?Ever see a womans bathroom ? oh my gawd.I have femme feelings in every thing I do.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

And what would the feminists say about us if they saw us associating feminine feelings with housework? I think they'd say we're not their type of girls.

Oh yes, I jump up and down with excitement when I'm doing the housework, can't get enough of it, makes me feel more of a woman than I actually am.... cue the rolleyes

Seriously... how can you feel more feminine doing housework? it's about as feminine as cleaning out the cat litter tray....
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Grrrrr. Associating or correlating feminine feelings with doing household chores strikes me as sexist. Maybe if this was the 1950s, but it is 2011. I do all of the housework except clean the litter box, and there is nothing feminine about any of it. It is not woman's work, it is not man's work, it is simply work and it feels like it. Femininity or masculinity is more about the essence of who you are and not defined or classified by a job, task or function. To answer the OPs question....hell, no.

My wife and I share the chores, and NO it is not her clean the hous laundry and I mow the Lawn, we both do the same things (who ever has the time and ambition) it doesn not make me any more fem or any less male. I guess I just like living in a clean house and having clean clothes

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Maybe I can help with this a bit. My male and female selves are very different people in many ways. One very strange thing is that Tina is incredibly fastidious. She just wants everything neat and tidy. Since my male side doesn't quite get excited about order, it seems that Tina has been the part of me that suddenly "can't stand the mess".

In outward appearance that might translate to Tina being "domestic", but it would have to be in "June Cleaver" mode. Tina is never in "grungies" but she will clean something if it's not just so, while not getting a spot of dirt on her dress!

Does Tina feel feminine? No. Tina already feels feminine and the fastidiousness is an outgrowth of her personality. When I have to tidy up in male mode I sure the devil don't feel feminine

So, maybe the "doing something" while feminine is the driving force, not the thing itself?

tina

Yes I do feel more feminin when I do housework....I will get dressed to do housework like cleaning(my garage) or the kitchen...ok I use any excuse to get dressed...
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

It depends which chores I'm doing, if I'm scrubbing floors or cleaning the toilet I don't feel the least bit feminine, even if I'm dressed in girl mode. Things like cooking meals, washing dishes, vacuuming rugs and doing laundry make me feel more feminine in actions and mannerisms.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Doesn't matter if I am in a skirt or drab, I seem to end up doing the majority of the housework. If you asked my wife she would say the same thing.

I was just thinking of posting something about this and surprise I see this post. Place has been getting a bit messy lately. Guy mode has more important things to do. Tonight I dressed rather drab. Denim skirt, Pantyhose (which I rarely ever wear, always stockings), Low heels. Felt more like a housewife. Started making dinner then had the urge to straighten the kitchen. On the way to the recycle bin through the den had to pick up and straighten. Started laundry. After an hour of running around cooking and cleaning I'm tired. But I feel better for it. So to answer your question, Yes. My feminine side doesn't like a mess but normally my dressing choice doesn't lend itself to cleaning. I recently bought a pair of stretch jeans so maybe soon I'll get to vacuuming.

I find myself more confortable in a lovely little tank and some capri's whilst I clean. Keeps me from workin up too big a sweat. Heels on days I vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Oh yes, I jump up and down with excitement when I'm doing the housework, can't get enough of it, makes me feel more of a woman than I actually am.... cue the rolleyes

Seriously... how can you feel more feminine doing housework? it's about as feminine as cleaning out the cat litter tray....
    Here, here!
    House work is crap whether Im dressed or not. The expectation that I do some whether dressed or not doesn't change either.
    Its kinda misogynistic to suggest that housework gives you feelings of increased femininity, I think Ill stick to good old fashioned dresses to help me feel girly.
    Samantha -x-

I kind of feel female during lots of things. Of course, it helps that I prefer to do the domestic chores while wearing a maid's dress.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Definitely,

Domestic chores were the gateway in to total dressing for me. My wife has started fully supporting my "hobby" since I have taken over a majority of the cleaning duties. Its a win-win situation for both of us

I grew up with a mother who was a clean freak so I was constantly hounded to keep things neat and tidy. Once, when I was about 12 or 13, I remember her joking that she would make me wear make-up and a girdle if I didn't keep things straightened up. Years later, It took my wife to bring out the maid in me and yes, I wear make-up and girdles all the time now.

If mom only knew...he he

I have two kids living at home right now, 16 & 11, and my wife works out of town anywhere from 6 weeks to 10 weeks at a time (she leaves in Feb and will be gone until mid Apr). When I'm doing the house work and no one is home but me, I will do it in skirt, but I don't feel like I take on any different mannerism's and such.

Unless you count the feeling of being overwhelmed at times.
    Yes, it is amazing how difficult it is for the kids to put things away and how they take things for granted, but it is changing with the 16 yo and the 11 yo does try.

What kind of makes me feel a little more feminine is when I go some function with my daughter and only the mothers of the other girls are there with me. Kind of helps me feel included with them, especially when I can totally relate to some of the things they are talking about.

Banned Read only
    I've been doing chores all day en femme: pretty dress, slip, bra and garter girdle, panties, stockings, heels and wig. I've done three loads of laundry and am in the process of drying the last load. I've wrap Christmas presents. I've prepared a chicken for roasting. At 3 PM I'll slide it into the oven. Yes, while my wife is still working, I've assumed as many household chores as necessary. I don't feel feminine doing them. However, I do feel feminine when glancing in the full length mirror while moving around.

And, during a break between the first and second loads of laundry I was able to bid and win five pairs of Vanity Fair panties on eBay. The dryer just turned off so I have to go fold the towels.

I guess I want to look feminine doing the chores. After all I am a child of the 1950's and 1960's, when women only wore dresses and high heels doing domestic chores!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    Grrrrr. Associating or correlating feminine feelings with doing household chores strikes me as sexist. Maybe if this was the 1950s, but it is 2011. I do all of the housework except clean the litter box, and there is nothing feminine about any of it. It is not woman's work, it is not man's work, it is simply work and it feels like it. Femininity or masculinity is more about the essence of who you are and not defined or classified by a job, task or function. To answer the OPs question....hell, no.
    I totally agree. It's weird that many members of this community complain about a lack of acceptance and understanding of gender issues, but at the same time have no compunction about propagating medieval gender stereotypes.

Hi,

makes little difference to me we had pets . pigs goats sheep & many others so house work is work like out side ,

You clean up redo feed out muck out water. check every things okay build sheds & do fenceing & other repairs .

then come inside the house clean up washing drying folding putting away.. cooking clean floors . all part of what you normaly do most days. any way . how your dressed shorts tops gumboots oh for got lawns & garden s

& some days overalls tho some days ill have a skirt on just depends on the day & whats needed doing.

& its still a womans work..,.or is it , high tea dinning out being ,,,,,,,dressed to the nines well not this kid .

Tho im out a lot with our groups , & time here. a full day or days just doing things .

...noeleena...