Thread: Disaster avoided!!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar

Disaster avoided!!

I was driving my car today on a wet rainy I 35 today in Austin when the car ahead of me suddenly stopped. I hit my brakes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! !!

Luckily no accident just a pounding heart. The thing was I was totally en femme at the time wearing a nice outfit to the doc's for a HRT checkup.

I could just imagine having an accident on the freeway and being taking en femme by ambulance to the hospital.
    I know it's hard to surprise ER nurses but still I would have some explaining to do.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Actually you wouldn't have had to do much explaining! The nurses in an E.R. have seen just about everything you can imagine, and aren't surprised by much. But I am glad that you were safe and sound!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I sometimes think of this differently. My default is aaaaargh! But if it happened... and really... imagine it happened and think it through... what an enlightening experience... I suspect it would significantly change we feel about things... for the better?

But I share your experience... I have been there too! Just not on the way to HRT!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Phew...just glad you're okay!

stop following so close. the car in front of you is subject to the same laws of physics as your vehicle. Why could it suddenly stop and you had so much trouble doing so?

The best thing is that you are o-k! I have no problems going to the e-r enfemme!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    stop following so close. the car in front of you is subject to the same laws of physics as your vehicle. Why could it suddenly stop and you had so much trouble doing so?
    Must have been fixing the hair and make up. Glad you're ok.

I was driving in Denver a few years ago and a car pulled into my lane and hit the brakes for no reason. I believe they were actually trying to have me rear-end them! It was a car full of four young males. Fortunately, I was able to stop without hitting them and I went out of my lane to get around them. Of course, I was dressed enfemme at the time!

Glad you are OK. I hate the thought of an accident. Nothing but grief once those fenders touch.

Glad you are OK Stacey! That will definitely get your blood pressure up!

I do agree that the ER staff probably wouldn't even bat an eye!

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Really did happen to me in 1999.. I was underdressed and ended up in a chopper to the ER.... and they put all my things in a brown paper bag.
    To be honest I could not have care less.

Hmmm that's one item I haven't encountered ..... yet. 'not sure if I have a plan 'b' for that one. Let's see if you're fully "out" of the closet that is then it's no big deal. If you're not.... well that's a different story.

Do you think we should wear a "medic alert" braclet? And if we did, what would we alert them to?

Glad to hear that you're okay, I've had my share of vehicular experiences...

Renne.....

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I was not OUT at all.. but with all that happen what I had on was nothing!

When en femme I usually drive more carefully to lessen my chances of a ticket or a crash. I am in the process of putting a bag together with clothes, toiletries and medical stuff in case I get stranded.

I always remember my mother telling me to wear clean underware in case I was in an accident!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I always remember my mother telling me to wear clean underware in case I was in an accident!!
    Or as Bill Cosby used to say: "First you say it then you do it."

I have to go into NYC when I crossdress or do drag or whatever, and I live in CT. Many times I think how tragic it would be if I got chased, raped, murdered, etc. so far away from home, but then I imagine how awkward it would be for alot of people who live in my town to have me being killed in drag as the headline for their newspaper...

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    Obviously, you have never driven on I-35 in Austin! If you leave too much (or even a little) space in front of you some "nimrod" will cut you off and take it. Trust me, the 1 car length for every 10 mph does NOT work in Texas, esp in the big cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Problem is that after an accident, your underware may not be clean, if you know what I mean.

I'm glad you are ok! I know how Texas drivers can be!
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    Do you think we should wear a "medic alert" braclet? And if we did, what would we alert them to?
    "Do not cut the dress!"

I've talked to a few police officers and EMTs and they have never encountered a CDer. We do have them here where I live but none of the people have ever encountered any CDers even though they've all been on the job for quite a few years. I knew one officer from my hometown that did arrest a CDer back around 1968. That CDer didn't fare too well at the cop shop.