Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other small girls out there?

Any other small girls out there?

Hi, everyone! There's no doubt, given both my inclinations and my size, that I'd have been much happier going through life as a full-time girl. If any of you are male and well below average height, I don't need to tell you what the life is like.

Some of the stuff you get from guys, for example. Not terribly long ago, a guy I knew, more or less a buddy, actually patted me on the head and made some remark about my "stunted growth". I handled that fairly well (something I rarely do): I didn't say anything at the time. He was a guy you had to make allowances for. I sat on it for a couple of days until I'd calmed down, then went back to him and let him know that sort of comment wasn't on. Despite the fact that I'd had time to count not just to 10, but to 10 million, I still had a hard time containing myself. But he did admit that the remark was over the top and promised not to say anything like that again in the future. And he never has. So that's OK.

As for the women, well, with a lot of them, you're simply not on their radar.

But one advantage, which is actually a bit ironic, is that it's easier for me to find women's than men's clothes that fit me. If I can find a shirt that fits at the shoulders, maybe the sleeves are 2 or 3 inches too long. Or if the jeans fit at the waist, maybe the crotch is sagging almost to my knees.

But with women's stuff, much less problem. In one town I used to live in, there were a couple of second-hand shops (and I have no prejudice against second-hand) where I could find some lovely stuff--dresses, blouses and skirts. The main concern was the shoulders and waist, but since I'm not enormous in either place, I usually had little problem. I could just look at a dress or blouse and could tell whether I could wear it--and I was never wrong. No need to even try it on in the shop, sparing me that bit of embarrassment. Skirts were more of a problem at the waist, but I always preferred dresses anyway. As for women's trousers, I don't know because I never bought any. Who wants to wear trousers?

And I haven't yet mentioned shoes. I think at some point in history there was an international convention that decreed that male feet the size of mine would not be tolerated, and shoe manufacturers ever since have always honored that decision. Of all the shoes I've bought in my life, I think perhaps one pair out of ten has come even close to fitting me. But women's shoes? No problem. My feet are probably slightly wider than your average woman's foot, but not enough to be any real difficulty. So perhaps a long time ago I should have declared that I was a victim of foot discrimination, or footism, and taken to wearing what I would have preferred to be wearing anyway.

So maybe my motto in life should be, "Designed to Crossdress".

I don't know if exceptionally small GG's have any special problems in life, but if there are any on this forum, I'd be glad to hear something about your experiences. It would be interesting to compare notes.

In any case, given my proclivities, I'd have been much happier going through life being called "petite" rather than "shrimp".

Best wishes to all, Annabelle.
    Last edited by Foxglove; 12-19-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spelling

I really do know what you mean. Once just to see how it felt I got up on a footstool and looked around and guess what? The world really does look different from the six foot level.

Vieja

Platinum Member
    Annabelle, its so interesting to read your comments. Those of us beyond th 6' level, are often envious of individuals like yourself. I have to admit that every time I go out, I'm a bit self conscious because of my height, and every time I buy shoes I wish more came in my size.

And on behalf of taller people, I apologize for the boorish behavior some of us may exihbit towards those shorter than ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Annabelle, its so interesting to read your comments. Those of us beyond th 6' level, are often envious of individuals like yourself. I have to admit that every time I go out, I'm a bit self conscious because of my height, and every time I buy shoes I wish more came in my size.

And on behalf of taller people, I apologize for the boorish behavior some of us may exihbit towards those shorter than ourselves!
    Thanks very much, kim, but there's no need to apologize for what other people do. Most people are OK, but you'll have jerks in any group. Actually, some of the worst guys I ran into were small guys just a bit bigger than me. They were delighted to finally run into someone smaller than themselves. The three best buddies I ever had were all right at six feet or a bit over. So don't worry: I have no particular dislike for big people, only bad ones.

So both of us have trouble finding shoes, just in different markets. What can you say? You play with the cards dealt you, right?
    Last edited by Foxglove; 12-19-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Sounds like you got your Irish up there for awhile.If you read my profile you know that I to am vertically challenged in this 6' average world.It's true it does make sizing a lot easier to find clothes,darn this male mid section.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Silver Member
    In male mode I was never considered a "big macho guy", and usually chosen last for team sports if at all! However when I accepted and ventured into the feminine world, I was considered average in most female attire. From lingerie to shoes to dresses, to skirts and jeans, my clothes are easy to find "off the rack" and definitely fit me better. I wear very few guy clothes - no matter what the event, and no one seems to care or comment. Learning to accept myself (stature) increased my confidence and I became more comfortable in enjoying life. Rather than becoming quite lengthy in content, please consider PMing me for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieja View Post
    I really do know what you mean. Once just to see how it felt I got up on a footstool and looked around and guess what? The world really does look different from the six foot level.

Vieja
    Hello, Vieja! Your remark reminded me of something, but it took me a while to remember what it was. I once made a similar discovery.

In my younger days, I used to play a lot of basketball. I wasn't very good at it. My size didn't help. But one thing that was frustrating for me was that I simply wasn't as good as the other guys at lay-ups, the easiest shot in basketball. Then came a time when I got to play a bit at my son's primary school, where I was doing a bit of work. The baskets there were only about 8' high, instead of the regulation 10'. And I never missed a lay-up. I was always saying, "Wow! Amazing how easy it is to make a lay-up when you're so close to the basket." I always thought I was just a klutz compared to the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Chari View Post
    In male mode I was never considered a "big macho guy", and usually chosen last for team sports if at all! However when I accepted and ventured into the feminine world, I was considered average in most female attire. From lingerie to shoes to dresses, to skirts and jeans, my clothes are easy to find "off the rack" and definitely fit me better. I wear very few guy clothes - no matter what the event, and no one seems to care or comment. Learning to accept myself (stature) increased my confidence and I became more comfortable in enjoying life. Rather than becoming quite lengthy in content, please consider PMing me for more info.
    And thanks for your reply, Chari. You're right: this is something else that has to be accepted. And if other people sometimes make it difficult, you've got to accept it nonetheless. As usual, there's no point in expecting other people to do what you can't do yourself.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can't tell from your posts exactly what height or size u r, Annabelle. However, while I'm not the ideal height for either a man or woman, I'm quite satisfied! At 5' 10", and in heels, I'm definitely taller than most women. And, in drab, shorter than most men. But, NOT markedly so in either gender! I'm quite happy with my height in both! However, I've always been jealous of those willowy girls that can wear size 6 and down!

Being able to wear size 8 to 12 allows me to score plenty of items off most fem sale clothing racks!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-19-2011 at 12:23 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I can't tell from your posts exactly what height or size u r, Annabelle.
    For the record, I'm 5' 3" and approximately 9 stone (126 pounds). On humid days, however, I tend to expand a bit.

Well your shorter than me, but for a male I feel I'm pretty short. My drivers license says 5'9, but I'm closer to 5'8. In high school I was small and I really didn't grow till around 19-20 years old. I like playing sports but in high school I was never given a chance to play basketball because I was the shortest player on the team. I was told I was too small for football so I found myself hanging around girls more often. I feel I'm the perfect height to be a woman. I usually don't wear big heels because I still struggle to walk in them.

Wink

Do the best with what you got baby, because we are all special in our own unique ways. Happy Holidays!

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 2 View Post
    Do the best with what you got baby, because we are all special in our own unique ways. Happy Holidays!

Michelle
    Thanks, Michelle, I'll try hard. And best wishes to you, too. Annabelle.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    For the record, I'm 5' 3" and approximately 9 stone (126 pounds).
    Oh, my, Annabelle. What nice numbers. For all of your troubles being razzed by boorish guys, you are truly blessed as a CD. Nice as it is to be able to reach things on high shelves or pick out a friend across a crowded room, it takes a helluva lotta practice and thickening of the skin to pull off passability on the far side of six feet and 170 pounds. My blessings, despite numbers that are typical on the PGA tour (6'1"-175#) are decently androgynous features, smooth skin, and very little facial or body hair. Don't get me started about male-pattern baldness, though...

Thanks for a different perspective on the things we cannot change.

Quote Originally Posted by Acastina View Post
    Oh, my, Annabelle. What nice numbers. For all of your troubles being razzed by boorish guys, you are truly blessed as a CD.
    Thanks, Acastina. I don't think anybody's ever said that to me before. As I was saying, "Designed to crossdress". How many other people would consider that a blessing, I'm not too sure, but when I look at it this way, I'm happy enough with it.

Annabelle I have experienced all the things you mentioned, and I still experience lack of respect and in some cases discrimination in the working world because of my size. I also sometimes think I would have made a better girl than a guy. The shoe thing is a real problem for me, I wear a 5 1/2 men's shoe. Just try to find those!! I buy women's shoes most of the time in a size 6 1/2. At least now it is easier to find women's work boots, hiking boots, and athletic shoes than it was a few years ago. Alas all my complaining goes away when it comes to dressing in women's clothes. I am 5 feet 2 inches tall and weigh 135 pounds. I can buy clothes off the rack and the sales associates do not find me threatening so many times they offer to let me try on clothes. I have shorts and jeans in size 2 that fit very well. So I have definitely learned to take lemons and make lemonade!!! I just love it! Hugs Riki

I too am vertically challenged in the male world. I am 5'5". My weight is too high right now but I am working to reduce it. Ideally I should be about 140 or less. Darn that middle age male gut!! LOL I do consider that my height is good for being in femme. I don't think I attract as much attention as some of the taller girls might. I wear a size 8 shoe. My biggest problem with clothes is my shoulders are broad for my size and I have not hips. My Veronica helps with that though. I presently wear a size 16 dress but am looking forward to shopping for something smaller in the coming months.
    Molly

Hi Annabelle! I'm 5'6'' at a 140 pounds! So I kinda know what you go through! love that motto ''Designed to crossdress''! Keep smileing! It sure looks good on you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Thanks, Acastina. I don't think anybody's ever said that to me before. As I was saying, "Designed to crossdress". How many other people would consider that a blessing, I'm not too sure, but when I look at it this way, I'm happy enough with it.
    You should consider it a blessing. Being petite and feminine allows you to be a real girl. Dress like a girl from head to toe and notice how the girls accept you and how men will extend a chivalrous hand and want to protect you. If you get rude guys insulting you then dont be afraid because there are plenty of strong masculine men that will defend you.

I am a big person. Not super huge, but big enough that people always make comments that make it seem like I will crush them if I am not careful, or if they say something wrong I will pound them into the ground with my fist. Not to mention the clumsiness and accidental destruction that comes along with my big size. Anyway, ever since i was a young child I have always wanted to be small. Not smaller, but small. I was always aware of how difficult crossdressing was with my size. When I was like 12, I was already way to big to wear any of my moms or sisters clothes. Made being a crossdressers really difficult. I got really good at improvising. I would take a tee shirt, use the neck hole as a waistband, push the sleeves in to look like pockets and boom I have a skirt! So, I am very jealous of your size. I only wish I could have ever been called shrimp!

Hi - what a great thread! I'm 5" 6' (and a bit...very important that bit!) and have occasionally felt embarrassed about my height as a guy. I'm currently 136 pounds so not chubby but am still trying to get a little slimmer.

I'm still mainly in the dabbling mode as I get so few opportunities to dress but I'm so pleased that my size is one thing that really helps. One example - I've bought (and purged) shoes several times over the years and it's lovely to have plenty of choice for once!

Jxx
    From the dark end of the street, to the bright side of the road.

Follow me - www.twitter.com/closettran

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    For the record, I'm 5' 3" and approximately 9 stone (126 pounds).
    Almost ditto for me too! I'm 5ft 4ins tall and the last time I weighed myself which was about 5 days ago I was 127 pounds. All my school life I wanted to be taller. All my post school and into my late 20's I wanted to be taller. By the time I got to my 30's I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I was small. All guys clothes were too big on me even some of the size smalls. As you said, sleeve lengths are a problem as are pant (trouser) lengths, and so I used to wear unisex womens clothes was something I did quite often. Then in my 40's when I embraced my crossdressing, all of a sudden and for the first time in my life, I was happy to be smaller than most people. I have small hands and feet too and my ears are minute! Anyway, as you already said, being the average height of a woman has many advantages ... especially if you are a crossdresser!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I am 5-6, 140 lbs. I always seemed to be looking up at all the other guys. Over the years I stopped noticing unless someone was over 6'5 or so. What used to get a lot of laughs, which I enjoyed for whatever sick reason, were the pics where I always seemed to be 6 inches shorter than most of the others in the pic. I now have my revenge. My size makes me the perfect height for this wonderful hobby of mine.

Hi Annabelle, I'm 5' 5" and kinda skinny so I definitely know what you mean... although I didn't feel bad about it myself I used to have problems with people sometimes because of my height... but now that I cultivate my CDing a bit more I realized my shortness is a big help! And now I enjoy being the height I am, whether in male or female mode...

Wow, girls! I'm really grateful to hear from so many of you. The net is wonderful, isn't it? Any time you're feeling a bit alone, it's not long before you find out that there are plenty of other people in exactly your circumstances. It's too bad we didn't have the net in the old days. It would have been really helpful during my teenage years.

And I'm glad to hear from some of you bigger girls, too. It's good to get your testimony as well. It helps us see things from both sides.

I suppose that given my size, I should always have envied big people, but I never have really. It would especially have been handy to be taller when I saw some gorgeous girl about 6 or 7 inches taller than me. But my size was something that I did accept for the most part. Being small is a typical human problem: in itself it's no problem at all. It's other people's attitudes to it that make it a problem. If we all could just learn to accept each other as we are, the world would be so much happier, wouldn't it?

But I have to say I really don't like the term "vertically challenged". My own feeling is that if we think we need a euphemism for some condition, then the condition must be an unfortunate one. But as I said, I don't really regard being small as unfortunate. It just is, like so much else in the world. So I don't mind if someone calls me "short" or "small" (though I prefer "small", since I've heard the word "shorty" so often). That's what I am, so why quibble over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikidee View Post
    I wear a 5 1/2 men's shoe. Just try to find those!!
    Spot on! I think shoe manufacturers believe that boys' feet suddenly go from about a 2 at puberty to a 7, and nobody ever gets stuck in between.

Best wishes to everyone, Annabelle.

Annabelle I'm 5'6" and 128 lbs. When I was younger I wished I was bigger but not now.
    Just about the perfect size for me.

It would be nice to have some hips though.
    Keely

One of the Reds