Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any other small girls out there?

Great thread! I am 5'6" and my weight has changed over the years.. As a guy I am short and it has felt crap all my life! It has affected the entire way I see myself and no doubt my behaviours. Early in my career a trainer who was similarly height challenged but equally weight challenged suggested that to make an impact we had to add girth!

Needless to say that was not a great help! And when I stand on a box and see what it is like to be 6 feet tall... it is indeed different.

As a CD.. I love my height and overall shape! It is easy to find clothes and shoes that fit (and yes... girl's shoes are easier than men's!) - I have bought quite a few women's trainers and walking boots over the years just because they fit better!

So... built as an in-betweeny?

My lack of hips is interesting. Most girls I know would love to have more boyish hips!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Keely View Post

It would be nice to have some hips though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    As a guy I am short and it has felt crap all my life! It has affected the entire way I see myself and no doubt my behaviours.

My lack of hips is interesting. Most girls I know would love to have more boyish hips!
    Hello, girls. There's no doubt that your size can affect your behaviour and the way you see yourself. I have no doubt that's been the case with me.

But are we onto hips now? If there were a prize for smallest hips, I know I'd be in with a shout.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rikidee View Post
    The shoe thing is a real problem for me, I wear a 5 1/2 men's shoe. Just try to find those!! I buy women's shoes most of the time in a size 6 1/2. i
    Hi,
    I'm a little late getting involved.
    I can sometimes find men's 5 1/2 but they're usually not made very well, as they assume you'll outgrow them soon.
    Just this week, I realized I could fit into girls' 14 1/2 jeans, since women's are too long.
    Boy's clothes just look too boyish, and men's are way too big. Women's smalls fit nicely and don't look like a kid's.

Shannon

Thanks for posting this thread, Anabelle, and also to everyone who has taken the time to respond! I'm a shade short of 5'7", and weigh about 170. This means that I have a reasonable blend of male and female features - which works out well for someone who enjoys being both man and woman. I'm rarely ever excluded from buying cute, trendy girlclothes, which is a big boost to my hobby. My weight stems mostly from bone structure and muscle. I'm pretty 'hippy' for a guy, which has obvious benefits in terms of our lovely hobby, but with a small waist (about 29" presently) - so I'm able to fill out the basic shape of women's clothing fairly well. Jeans for one thing, I tend to wear well. (Sorry Anabelle, I will have to disagree and say that I love wearing girl jeans - there's something timelessly sexy about flared denim legs with the heel and toe of some stilettos poking out at all those lovely angles that they make!) But I also have fairly wide shoulders & a muscular upper body, making dresses sometimes a chore to pick out. Shoes, I don't do so well with, wearing a men's size 10 extra wide. It can be difficult to find the sexy stilettos which which I am so endlessly enamored. Couple that with a semi-feminine face, and I feel I'm reasonably well off.

As a guy, there are tradeoffs too. I've gotten enough crap from guys about my height before, but I've never really allowed it to affect me too much. Others don't even seem to notice. In fact, I was once talking about height with a taller guy, and I mentioned my height. He told me that he would never have really noticed my height unless I mentioned it. I took that as a great compliment, and vowed never to bring it up again. If my attitude didn't reflect my height, why emphasize it? Maybe the only real frustration that I get out of my lack of height is the fact that it rules out some women, the ones who long for the tall, dark, handsome type. I once dated a girl who was almost exactly my height - and loved to wear heels to boot. But she was adamant that she would never wear heels around me. I didn't care if she was taller than me in them. In fact, it was more of a turn off that she wouldn't wear them. There are few things sexier than a woman in heels. But it was certainly frustrating for me.

All in all, though, I wouldn't trade any of my features in - except for my wide feet!
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

I'm small too, Annabelle. I was usually the smallest boy in class. Funny thing is I was good at sports, especially basketball so that helped. I did get the "shorty" or "shrimp" comments. I even remember, as a teenager, a cute girl saying to me. "You are cute, too bad you aren't taller". Once I really embraced being transgendered I love being small. 5'5" 123 lbs. It is hard for me to find mens jeans that fit but buying womens clothes is easy and wonderful. I especially love it when something petite size fits me.......

When I was in junior high, I used to streach myself to try to be taller than the girls, but by high school I had resigned myself to being a little short at 5' 6" and was happy to be. Even the shortest guy in my grade school later grew to be several inches taller than me.

Men's shoes were no problem because, when I went out for football, there were plenty of size 7 mens cleats left over by the time I got to them. Everyone else was grabbing the larger 10 or bigger shoes (whether they really needed shoes that big or not!).

I am jealous of your all's weight, though. I think I am 5' 6" around my waist, too.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I enjoy being small (5'6", about 145) - it's so nice to not tower over GGs and also to be able to shop in just about any store I want to!

First off, thanks of such a great thread Annabelle!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    For the record, I'm 5' 3" and approximately 9 stone (126 pounds). On humid days, however, I tend to expand a bit.
    We're almost the same measurements. You are a bit skinnier. I'm 5'3 1/2" and 131. I'd like to lose some weight and get back into my 26" pants from American Eagle, so I'm hoping that I'll stick to being healthier next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    Spot on! I think shoe manufacturers believe that boys' feet suddenly go from about a 2 at puberty to a 7, and nobody ever gets stuck in between.
    I know what you mean. Most stores start men's sizes at 7 if not higher. I've found some stores like Journey's carry smaller sizes, but I don't think I've been anywhere where they carry 5.5.

Who knows for sure though, since I've never asked, as I'm a 6 or 6.5 in men's and an 8 in women's as far as shoes go.

5' 5" here, around 140 (No scale at home, silly right?) And yes, guys will pick on you, but I do love how it makes it easier to buy clothes. Cheers!

I'm 5'4 and 120 lbs, and I'm also gay, so as a boy I already enjoyed some wonderful times with tall muscular hunks and almost felt like a little girl then. ^^

When I dress up as a girl I seem to pass pretty easily, guys have hit on me a few times and I've managed to sound more or less like a girl so I can enjoy a good chat with them as well.

I've always loved the feeling of being petite and much smaller than the guy I'm flirting with.

Quote Originally Posted by KaliBrooke View Post
    I'm a shade short of 5'7"
    Hmm. That's pretty tall.

Quote Originally Posted by KaliBrooke View Post
    Sorry Anabelle, I will have to disagree and say that I love wearing girl jeans
    Quite alright. We all have our different tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna June View Post
    I even remember, as a teenager, a cute girl saying to me. "You are cute, too bad you aren't taller".
    That's a tough one for sure. It could be worse perhaps. I once read a book, a semi-autobiographical novel set in 1930's France. The narrator of the book was seeing a girl that he quite liked. And then one day, out of the blue, she said, "It's just that you're so ugly!" That was when he realized that he had a bit of a problem in that department. (Interestingly enough, he was quite tall--tall enough to intimidate some people. I later learned that he was 5' 9". This was the 1930's.)

Thanks to everyone for your stories. I really feel a lot less alone now.

Best wishes, Annabelle.

OMG You are perfect. Love CDs who are thin and petite. Love to wrap my arms around them and lift them up for a kiss