Thread: Ball Gown Events?

Ball Gown Events?

I have looked in the upcoming events and haven't found any to where I can wear a ball gown at or am I just missing them? I am looking into buying a ball gown and I think I have the one I want selected. All I need to do is purchase it!! Anyways.... After I purchase it I would like to wear it to a ball and I don't know of any events around the states that have ball gown attire. I love ball gowns and they are my favorite type of dress. I love the poofiness and the lace and ruffles. I guess I am a lace and ruffle and poofy dress type of gal!

Kristen~~

Its December.
    Every theater,symphony hall and opera house is running the Nutcracker or christmas concert for next to nothing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No one wears ball gowns to our symphony or live stage events in the OC, Miranda. I see plenty of shorts an "T"s, tho! UGH!

I suggest looking for events where folks mite wear ball gowns! Like a ball or fancy dance event! Do u know the Gov. of Utah, Kristen? Ask him! (Or her?)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Krew View Post
    I don't know of any events around the states that have ball gown attire.
    Our TG support group, the River City Gems hosts a big formal ball where a lot of people wear "full on" ballgowns with all their poofyness! We call it River City Sparkle. The only trouble is, it's always held in the fall, at the beginning of October, which doesn't really help you for right now. Sorry about that.

http://www.rivercitysparkle.org/index.html
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    No one wears ball gowns to our symphony or live stage events in the OC, Miranda. I see plenty of shorts an "T"s, tho! UGH!
    Different environment I guess. some places shorts and and a T wouldn't get you past the coat check.

I love...love...LOVE ballgowns too! I once had three beautiful full length ballgowns but needed money so I sold one on Ebay. I have been on 2 Dignity Cruises with some who are members of this site and wore my two existing ballgowns on my 2009 Dignity Cruise. It was so much fun and I completely felt like a princess at a ball. I went to the onboard salon/spa to get my hair and makeup done before our special events. Kinda pricey but so worth it! I agree as well...there really isn't many events that wearing full length ball gowns are appropiate attire but going on cruises is where I found I can wear my ball gowns. If I lived closer to CA, I would love to attend the River City Gems events mentioned by Rachel.

Good Luck!

Michelle

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Our TG support group, the River City Gems hosts a big formal ball where a lot of people wear "full on" ballgowns with all their poofyness! We call it River City Sparkle. The only trouble is, it's always held in the fall, at the beginning of October, which doesn't really help you for right now. Sorry about that.

I was thinking of Sparkle the moment I read this thread
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Hmm at the beginning of october is sparkle? Well I guess I better start looking for some formals for diva l las vegas them. Im still gonna but a ball gown!

I have been to a ball dressed formally in ball gowns. Here in Australia we have "The Searhorse Society which holds a Ball for CDs every year. You can find them on the net. I have also dressed formally to go to the Sydney Opera house first nights several times. That is another way to dress in a Evening gown thats fun. You should see the ladies Powder Room at the Opera House Long wall to wall mirrors to admire yourself and touch up my makeup.Even chat about our gowns with other "ladies"

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    I was thinking of Sparkle the moment I read this thread
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post

When I saw "ball gown" I started timing how long it would take the lovely Rachel to reply! She wore an absolutely beautiful gown to Sparkle and both her and her SO Marla looked amazing in their red dresses at our Christmas party!

Kristen, Utah is not that far away so you may want to put Sparkle on your calendar for next year. Hope to see you then!
    Debby

I have been planning on sparkle for a year or so. I purged everything to save my marriage and so as of right now I own three dresses and that's it. I need a larger wardrobe.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Oh you will love it. Epically if you make out Friday night, the pre-sparkle dinner
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

That sounds so lovely! I can't wait