Thread: Crossdressing for a cause

Crossdressing for a cause

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

i would do this en femme totally!

I think that it is a great idea. I would leave your interest in dressing completely out of it. It is not about you or us. If someone asks, just say that you got caught up in the spirit. Go for it!

Be prepared for media attention... you need to have a reason for doing it.... like, you just wanted to draw attention to the fact that men can also get breast cancer....
    Chickie

I have been thinking for a while that we needed the image and confidence boost of charity exposure. You would benefit the charity, the public image of crossdressing and it also feels good to help others. Like Allie says "go for it!"
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Interesting aspects, Marcy.
    If your plan materialises at some stage, I am sure everybody would appreciate how sincere you are.

I don't really know myself whether I would "come out fully" for a cause.
    I do know that CDing means a lot to me - dressing for a cause would be a very, very strong statement on my behalf. (Does that contradict you, Allie?)

My transgender interest in breast-forms has also heightened my awareness of developments for Post-Op patients. A number of acquaintances have had operations and although I have never needed to speak to them about it (nor has it been appropriate), it does give me certain insights for which I'm grateful.

Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

I find it a little remarkable that you're uncomfortable wearing a bit of pink as a guy, but you'd be willing to fully crossdress instead! But more power to ya in any case.

- Diane

A group in Atlanta hosts a Cotillion each year. Men must comply with very stict rules ( no body hair at all) and they dress to the nines ! There are pics on Flickr under Atlanta Cotillion, they raise a huge sum of money forAids research and other causes. I've also seen Womanless Pageants held for a chaRitable cause. Some emulations are very good and others are comical. I'd do this if I ever got a chance.

I love to help others! That being said I'm working on a plan for January to help a needy family! The woman of the club for a price will dress me anyway they want! I will stay 'dressed' until after the band and dance is over! I say GO FOR IT! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I understand your idea, but there might be some people that misunderstand your intent.
    Dana Ryan

Lets all Cheer

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I think that it is a great idea. I would leave your interest in dressing completely out of it. It is not about you or us. If someone asks, just say that you got caught up in the spirit. Go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaR
    I understand your idea, but there might be some people that misunderstand your intent.
    i agree, but if you get the message out why your doing this specially since you said your mother that she had this to fight in her life, I think people will support you. Good Luck, it is for a great cause.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Marcy, only one thing to say here; Get dressed in the outfit you want and if anybody says anything just tell them you are getting into the spirit of the project. I would not mention i was a CD or that i was using this as a way to CD. Let the ones who have no imagination feel foolish for not having the least clue about how to enjoy such a wonderfull cause. Ooh and have the tee shirts made up any way you want.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

A few years ago the Australian Red Cross held a fundraiser that had a crossdressing theme. There are a few articles if you google it, but I don't think they do it anymore. Was a great idea though for helping a great charity and promoting crossdressing in a positive light.