Thread: Two good dressing references today....

Two good dressing references today....

First off, I was Christmas shopping, and was alone. I went through Dillard's so I could have parking close to the freeway at the mall. It was crowded. I walked in, on the top floor, which is the cosmetics section when going to the main part of the mall. I walked amongst a group of women, and a few girls were standing by the makeup counter. "Would you ladies like to try this?" and they held out a liquid foundation. As the ladies walked by, annoyed obviously, I walked by, and she didn't even look at me (I was male mode). So I stopped, and decided it was joke time. "You don't want to ask me if I want to try?" I laughed a bit, and she laughed too. "Umm....you want to?" I looked at her, and to the boards of cosmetics beside her. "Well, not now, but I can tell you that liquid eye shadow? Oh, it's fantastic! I absolutely love how easy it is!" She looked at me for a second, jaw dropped. We talked a bit more, and she gave me a coupon for the store. I told her "My wife is shopping seperate, so she could use that. Thanks!" She again, wideyed, and speechless. I thought it was hilarious!

My brother went to the doctor. He hasn't been feeling well. So, the doctor tells him to start a medication (brother HATES pills for the side effects and all.) While talking with him, he was upset. He will be fine, but just didn't want to take these pills, and it will take a bit of time to work. I told him "Now, all they gotta do is come up with a pill to make me not want to wear a dress and heels anymore. You're good man! Would you rather deal with that kind of stress?" He laughed, and said "Dude, even if they did, you wouldn't take it!" I was quiet for a second, and said "Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't!" So, right after that, just that simple comment, made him forget all about his day at the doc. I'm glad he will be better, but he called me later, and thanked me. He even said he will never understand how I got to be so open minded.

What instances have you had where it turned up at random?
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Isn't it fun when you can joke with someone about your disabilities?
    I just love snooty old ladies.
    Your brother was sooo right.

The gift of helping others, sometimes comes in small ways! But can pay off big! It's great you can share that gift! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Thank you Jessica - You gave me a nice smile today

Thank you all for your replies! I figured this would have been a fun topic. Like ordering fast food in your male voice, pulling forward, and then in they just go speechless looking at you. Lol.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I was Christmas shopping a few years ago at Penneys, in the jewelry department. I found some stuff that I wanted and took it to a SA. She started to ring it up and I noticed that the check that I was writing was the only one left, and mentioned it to her. She said that she always keeps another book of checks in her purse, just in case something like this were to happen. So then I said, but I left my purse at home, and she cracked up.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica86 View Post
    What instances have you had where it turned up at random?
    I enjoyed your OP as well yesterday, Jessica!
    And a flood of recent "special moments" went through my mind, cheering me up and distracting me in a warmly positive way from a strenuous seasonal workload.

But that little sting in the tail caught me off guard... random... a nice question asking if we others have similar stories.

But I don't go out...
    I would love to be so at ease with my Cding and react as naturally and fun-loving as you did.

A particularly funny incident happened last week though... and it shows me how much I've matured in the last year.

I travel almost every evening over to my SO's place which is some 25km down the Autobahn. She lives with her parents.
    I take cloths items with me sometimes to freshen-up my "collection" there.
    At some stage last week, I didn't notice how one of my stay-ups fell out of my bag while I was rushing to and fro in my nerve-wracking and extremely hectic manner.
    The cat (I think) discovered my lost stocking first... and then my SO's father!

Now, I'm not small... but in contrast to you and your SO, Jessica, my SO is at least a head taller than me! And her legs are about a third as long...
    So, as this stocking couldn't belong to her, her father asked whether it was mine?
    She laughed that one off and simply put the stocking in her bag.

The best part was...
    that she produced my beautiful black stocking with a fine filigree elasticated top (complete with story) out of the blue...
    at a potentially disastrous moment while walking from the car to a really important gig...
    trying not to fall on the frosty sidewalk...
    and a best friend of hers was with us, who knows about my Cding...

But it was brilliant...
    she (indeed they!) poked good fun at me...
    I was a little embarassed...

and I never played so well.

Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Jessica,

Thank you for helping others understand that we are nice people too. I think the more others see us as just regular people that enjoy a bit different style, the world will be a better place.