Thread: Got a job in retail.

Got a job in retail.

I recently started a part time job at Family Dollar. There is a guy who has come in a couple of times and bought nail polish and eyeshadow. Both times I was who rang him up. He seemed a little nervous when he bought the nail polish but then he stood in line at my register when he got the eyeshadow. The other line was shorter so I wonder if it was because I never batted an eye the first time. I bet that if he comes in again to buy feme items he will come to my register. Billie Jean

Next time compliment on his choice of colori.ie."I think that color is pretty",quietly of course,do not embarress,you might just make a new friend.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

That's nice Billie Jean! Perhaps you can encourage him so he won't be nervous! Congrads on finding a job! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Or better yet, tell him "That's the same shade I use."

I've done that before. Picked out the register that would give me the least issues. Lol. Wear something subtle that would give him a hint you crossdress... No not your "kiss me I'm a crossdresser" shirt!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karen we have to wear red shirts and slacks. The only red top I have is my Liz & Co v-kneck. He was in again today and I rang up a pair of pink slippers with a bow (size 10-11) and a pair of nude pantyhose. This time I smiled and nodded and he smiled back. I wonder how many of us there really are. There are at least a couple hundred visitors viewing everytime I log on. Billie Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    Karen we have to wear red shirts and slacks. The only red top I have is my Liz & Co v-kneck. He was in again today and I rang up a pair of pink slippers with a bow (size 10-11) and a pair of nude pantyhose. This time I smiled and nodded and he smiled back. I wonder how many of us there really are. There are at least a couple hundred visitors viewing everytime I log on. Billie Jean
    Billy Jean,
    Clearly we're taking over the world . It will be a much kinder, gentler place .
    Phlover

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Silver Member
    Just be cautious, you don't want your comment to be misunderstood. I know that when i was in the scared to death phase, I wanted a comment that inferred the stuff was for someone else. (Oh she'll love those, my wife wears them all the time.) IMHO.

For the longest time, I would always find a young women SA to ring me up, never would pick a guy. Then one day there was only one checker working the front at the time, a young man in his early twenty's. With dread I got in line behind an older man, trying to hide the fact the jeans I was holding where womens, I was so nervous when I got to the register and had to put those jeans up there for everyone to see, The young man ran is bar code reader over the code, looked up and smiled a big smile, (I wanted to melt into the floor) then he said "wow, great price on those isn't it" I breathed easier, smiled back and said yes, that's why I shop here. I've never let who is at the register bother me since, maybe you have done the same thing for him.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I remember the old lady about 40 I estimate, that offered to fit me for a bra.
    Fear, horror and trepidation set in along with all the other 18 year old phobias.
    She fitted me many times after that and always asked how my career as a female impersonator were progressing.
    I would love to meet her now,probably an old 60 year old lady. Sorry, I know not too much of the old.
    It's a young man's? perception.

I know how they must be feeling - for someone just to accept without asking questions. Good on you

when he comes in next let him see the clear polish on your fingers.
    maybe a light coating of sparkles, i like the "pure ice-busted" is is a very light purple with flakes and sparkles in it.

have fun making a new friend.

I love reading threads like this. They ae very inspiring and uplifting. Too bad we can't come up with some secret code or something that only CDs know so we can find each other in our "secret society." Of course, it would be even better if this was never an issue... But bravo for making a subtle connection Billie Jean!
    --------

Just think how much he would purchase in the store considering your understanding and acceptance not to mention your confidentiality.

Alot of times, women will comment on such items and men won't so he probably feels comfortable with you. I'd say something the next time like, " Oh, I bought the same color a few weeks ago and I love it." Congrats. on the new job.
    Last edited by jillleanne; 12-22-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: omission

Holy Smokes---Karren,where can I get one of those shirts ??

You could wear a bracelet, transparent nail color or some other minor female item to give him a hint. Got to be careful with what you say.

I agree Billie Jean, just make him feel accpeted and comfortable when he shops at your store. It sounds like he's made a connection with you so all you really need to do is be kind, polite, and sincere. You can't go wrong in any situation being such. I wish I could meet a SA like this, it would do wonders for my confidence.

Today at work a man came in who had a feminine hair style. He was in the store twice. When he came in the second time the manager said that back in the summer that the guy came in wearing his sister's clothes or something and what a weirdo he was. I thought to myself that the clothes he was wearing were his. I just said that he seemed like a nice guy and that what he did was up to him and didn't bother me. I now know that Billie Jean would not be welcome at work. Why do some people have to be so closed minded? Billie Jean

I don't think they are close minded. It's the way they were socialized. Not even their fault. The reality of it is 99% of people don't understand crossdressing and have no desire to understand it. I accept that fact and understand how they feel. It is what it is. You or I can't change it. On other issues or lifestyles, you might even call me or yourself close minded. I don't have to accept everything other people are into any more then they have to accept me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    Today at work a man came in who had a feminine hair style. He was in the store twice. When he came in the second time the manager said that back in the summer that the guy came in wearing his sister's clothes or something and what a weirdo he was. I thought to myself that the clothes he was wearing were his. I just said that he seemed like a nice guy and that what he did was up to him and didn't bother me. I now know that Billie Jean would not be welcome at work. Why do some people have to be so closed minded? Billie Jean
    They are doing the best that they can with the limited resources that they have to work with...

Gold Member
    I think that because we are still where we are educating people, you will here people making off hand comments without thinking. There have been many stories here of people coming out to someone they were sure would be unaccepting and the person accept them completely. People will make these comments when they see people they don't know because there is no caring or fore thought in what they are doing. But faced with someone they know, they think it through more. The problem then is, how do you tell these people apart from the others that will be unaccepting? I don't think you can and that is more the problem.

There was a guy who came in tonight and he browsed through tthe ladies clothes. He bought a 3 pack of women's briefs and a couple other things. About an hour later he came back and exchanged the briefs for bikinis. He never tried to hide anything. The size he bought would fit me and he is about the same size. The bikinis were floral print. As to how many of us there are, there are 68 members and 274 guests viewing this site right now. Billie Jean
    Last edited by Billie Jean; 01-05-2012 at 02:02 AM.