Thread: a little more out there

Platinum Member

a little more out there

Well, I took another small step - actually a lot of small steps - this morning and this afternoon! I dress full time at home, so yes, I was en femme, wearing an ivory knit henley top, womens skinny boot cut jeans, sandals, and of course, my wig and make up. (I had a shaper on underneath to nip in my waist and smooth everything out.)

First, I made a trip to Fed Ex with some packages for last minute shipping. A gentleman very courteously held the door for me. I never picked up even so much as a crossways glance from him or the several other customers in the store. Then I went to Starbucks and ordered a latte and scone, and read my Kindle Fire as I enjoyed both.

Around 12:30 pm, the dogs were bugging me, so I took a break from work and took a 45 minute walk through the neighborhood. On the walk I visited for a few minutes with another lady who was walking her pug and a woman who was taking pictures of yard decorations. As I was coming back to the house I ran into the same neighbor that I'd met at the grocery store a few weeks earlier. Then, I had some calls to make, so rather than do them from my desk, I strolled up the block again.

Just a few minute ago I made another small step. I'd run out to the mail box, and as I stood in the doorway sorting through it, I saw another neighbor, a lady in her late 50's, pull up to her mail box. I had not met her en femme before and I debated for a second, the decide she'd probably seen me as I walked from the mailbox so why not! I stolled right up to her and we had a very nice conversation on the curb.

She has known me in my male presentation for nearly 12 years. Despite the obvious change in appearance, she didn't show any signs of objection....just the same friendly demeanor, warm smile and twinkling eyes as ever.

So, I'm a bit more out with each passing day. Frankly, I'm loving it!
    Last edited by kimdl93; 12-20-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo

WOW!!!! Great post, Kim! And very well done! How exciting and, more importantly, validating all of those experiences must have been for you! I know you have been working towards such things for a while now, and here you are actually doing them now! Good for you!

Platinum Member
    Thanks, Anne. I appreciate the positive feedback!

I had a little addendum to yesterday's post. I walked our dogs through the neighborhood again today (fully en femme) - a couple times actually, because they were bugging me. On the first trip I visited with the neighbor that I mentioned above, then a short while later, I encountered a lady with a golden retriever. We've met before, although I was en drabbe. We had a really pleasant conversation as we walked along together for a couple of blocks. Just a short time ago, I was on a second short walk and a gentleman asked for directions. He didn't seem to notice anything out of the ordinary.

Its great to have friendly encounters when enfemme. Hugs & Kisses.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 12-21-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Congrats Kim! You sure are allowing yourself to be happy. I hope to get comfortable enough to venture out too.

Aspiring Member
    Good for you Kim, sounds like you're getting really comfortable with it

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Life outsdie surely is wonderful when you give it a chance and do not run away from it.
    ~Samm

Great story! It's nice to hear about other girls taking new & exciting steps - it can be very inspirational for those of us just taking our first peeks out the door. (:

Thanks for sharing!
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Kim is out! NO! Really kim is out! That is great kim! Fulfill your dreams to there fullest! I'm happy for you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Kim, that's a great story and sounds like a great time. I wish I could get that far. Well part of me wishes that, the rest wants me to stay "me" around my neighborhood and friends.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

That's just great, Kim! I'm genuinely happy for you and these "small" (huge) steps of yours. Keep walking and inspiring the rest of us!

Fantastic,Kim! Little here, little there, and it becomes a non-issue,eventually. Seems that the neighbors know Kim already, and are glad she's there!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Platinum Member
    Thanks everyone for the congratulations and the support. Its been quite a revelation for me, and I guess for some of my neighbors!

Thnx for sharing this experience...it's a wonderful feeling to express yourself outside the home...getting feedback that you are female is very satisfying...

Enjoy!

So, I'm a bit more out with each passing day. Frankly, I'm loving it!

Is there a pun in there somewhere? :-) Hugs, Michelle

Platinum Member
    Good for you, Michelle!