Thread: ballet lessons

ballet lessons

hi,just curious if any gurls out there have ever taken ballet lessons dressed as a girl in class and if so what was the reaction from the other girls in class as i take lessons dressed as a girl and i have had a very positive response /reaction from the girls in my class,thanks

I took ballet lessons wearing a Tutu when I was a child. My mother enrolled me No one took any notice in those days as I really look like a young girl. She took me to class already dressed in my Tutu . Alas those days are long gone !

I remember a while back on here some girl was taking ballet lessons and had a thread updating her progress.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

thats a shame,i feel so lucky to be in a ballet class full of girls,not a guy to be seen anywhere.

can you remember who she is,would like to talk to her,if i could

I took lessons for a year a few years back dressed in black tights and a white T as that was the dress code for men. No tutus, no pointe shoes, no femme presentation. I was the sole guy in a class of eight and was totally accepted. In fact, the rest of the class was so much more experienced than me that I considered dropping out at one point, and then the best/most experienced dancer in the class asked me to stay as having a man around changed the whole tone of the class, for the better. I stuck around.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powderpuff View Post
    can you remember who she is,would like to talk to her,if i could
    Her name is JamieG .. here's a link to her first of many threads about her ballet lessons, which I might add were very interesting reading!

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?123328-I-m-taking-ballet-lessons!

You will have to search for all of her threads to get the full story. Click on her avatar and then click on the link called "Find all started threads".
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 12-20-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

thanks for that link

I should add, for others who may be thinking that this is a good way to crossdress in public, that neither my dance instructor nor the other women in my class would have tolerated me dressing in female ballet attire.

That being said: wearing tights during this class, albeit male tights, did help sublimate my crossdressing desire.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 12-21-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Hi Powderpuff,

The aforementioned, JamieG here. You've probably seen my threads by now, and realized that like Taylor186, I don't dress like a girl in class. My impression from various ballet boards where the question occasionally gets brought up, is that most teachers and students would think you were a fetishist or ridiculing ballet. You are very lucky to find a class where crossdressing is accepted, and I would love to hear more about it. That said, it is nice to wear tights on a regular basis, and no one has ever asked me why I wear them or given me a funny look. With the exception of one or two times in my two years of ballet, I've done exactly the same moves as the girls. Sometime the teacher makes comments to the class that forget there is a boy with them, and I secretly enjoy those moments. A few times when I've taken Jazz dance with the same teacher, we even learned some steps that were designed specifically for Vegas showgirls.

Our classes are on hiatus for the winter, but should start back up in mid-January. I'll continue posting my experiences in my thread then.

Hi Powderpuff,

I did join a jazz/ballet class with a girlfriend and attended one night a week for two years. I did not try to look female cause,hey I was the boyfriend. But I did wear leotards and tights in class along with her and the other ladies. Arriving at the first class dressed with my girlfriend, I was accepted and encouraged right from the beginning to be in leotards. It was fun fitting in and being treated like just one of the girls for the time we were in class. My girlfriend bought me a few more leotard outfits to wear to class and even loaned me some of hers.

So I say enjoy it and if you get a suggestion to perform in a recital with the ladies, go for it. There will be a lot of fussing over helping you fit in.

Hi there Powderpuff.

You might have noticed that I also appear in one of Jamie's threads. She was the one who inspired me to take up ballet. I had never put a foot in a dance studio before in my whole life. For the last one and a half years I have been to two classes each week (the last semester two different schools).

Like Jamie I don't crossdress in class. That I can do at home whenever I want to. There is no strict dress code (other than no baggy pants) so i guess it would only be a short distraction if I showed up in a leotard. A couple of the ladies know I crossdress and they are cool with it. One of them has even seen pictures of Camilla.

One of the schools has a public recital for all their classes every Christmas. There were too few from the adult beginners class that could, otherwise I would have had my debut as a ballet dancer. So, instead of a recital they showed a picture of us and said (a bit jokingly) that we've got one year to prepare ourselves...

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    Sometimes the teacher makes comments to the class that forgets there is a boy with them, and I secretly enjoy those moments.
    I think I know what you mean. A few years ago I used to take a French speaking class and I was the only guy within a group of 12 women. The female teacher (who was French) would often address the class as "ladies" and also the scenarios that we had to do for role playing, which included following the text in a book, often were about shopping for dresses etc. I was always speaking a woman's part and I for sure felt like "one of the girls". It was a fantastic time for me and loved every moment of it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!