Thread: What to do with my voice in public

What to do with my voice in public

Ok' I've been told that I have a good male voice. Apparently it carries across a room well and it is deep. I've had people tell me it sounds like a radio announcer. Now thats all fine and dandy when I'm a guy but what do I do as a woman?.
    I have tried to do a womans voice while driving and being by myself but I think I sound piss poor.
    What do you girls do when in your public and dressed up, male or female voice?

Please see "voices in my head"thread.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Anyone can talk a little softer, that's about all I do. I know I don't pass, but I do try to look nice and if you have a happy attitude, most people you interact with will just go on as normal, even though they probably know you are a cd'er.

I'm sure some here can direct you to some voice training sites or tapes.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Its not easy to imitate a woman voice. I just speak more softly>Try to speak like a woman a make you sound like a bit of a"queer' To make speaking sound more girlish is to also learn the feminine gesture. Observe how women gesturlate wave their arms about etc. Do not over do it as again you will look a bit queer. Prounce words smoothly and open your like and mouth also like women do Look at the female news reader on TV for an example of how to speak like a girl. Its much easier to speak like a woman than I do in my later years off life Not so good now. But practice almost makes you a little perfect.

Is gesticulating a woman thing? I know I do it a lot but Ive never noticed it to be a gender thing.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

I try to do the soft talking thing. When i am on the road for work, I dress when I get back to the room. When i get delivery service, I answer the door as Kelly & talk softly.