Thread: They need locks in the fitting rooms

They need locks in the fitting rooms

I was at my local saver's trying on various fem garments, a sweater dress, a cute sweater, a pink white polka dot top, black dress, some chemise lingerie, when in the middle of dressing the door opens up! a lady thought my room was unoccipied, thankfully i was in my white underwear and she managed to shut the door quickly. kinda funny, yet still kinda miffed that it happened. I didnt realize there was a litle handle twist on the door that later on turns a small front indicator red saying someone is inside. I didnt even notice this when i was outside waiting for a room to open up, most of us just judged by checking to see if you can see someones feet. But still you'd think they would put in a lock also. Oh well live and learn.

Elana

I noticed around here you need to get an attendant to open the fitting rooms. They go through each piece of clothing and then unlock the door for you. I haven't worked up the courage to try anything on at a store.
    Brittany

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBound View Post
    I noticed around here you need to get an attendant to open the fitting rooms. They go through each piece of clothing and then unlock the door for you. I haven't worked up the courage to try anything on at a store.
    I feel fortunate that way, I buy a lot of my bras, fishnet stockings, panties, nighties etc at the local adult/sex boutique and the girls that work there are very understanding and figured out pretty quickly I was shopping for myself - they were the ones to offer me the change room to try on some of the outfits

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    OMG! U can try on things before u but them? How cool! Who knew! But, where's the MYSTERY doing it that way!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Maybe even worse, I walked in on a woman last week. All the doors were closed, but, it was very quiet, and seemed empty. So, I just opened up the first stall, and there she was,---ooops!I felt really bad, and apologized, and moved to another room. Then, I thought--what if she read me, and thought I did that on purpose? I decided to move on to another area of the store, for a while,lol! This was at JC Penny.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elana View Post
    I was at my local saver's trying on various fem garments, .... I didnt realize there was a litle handle twist on the door that later on turns a small front indicator red saying someone is inside. ....
    Elana, there may well be a lock on that door. Many times that little twisty thing activates a lock when it changes from the green (perhaps) colour to the red indicator. Check it out and report back.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Yeah you never know what's behind door #1!! It's never happen to me but omg what if it does!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

If there isn't a positive lock on the dressing room door I make it a habit to hang an article of clothing on the door in such a way that it restricts the door from opening.

Most of the dressing rooms in the places I frequent en femme are unattended, but in the occasions that they are attended I just walk up, present the garments, and have never had a problem being admitted.

Imagine the row that would ensue if a dressing room attendant tried to refuse admission or demand a (gad!) genital check of a mannish-looking GG! As long as you display a "of course this is where I belong" attitude you likely won't have a problem.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Im not Alicia Sliverstone Clueless's Avatar
    If I'm taking off my pants or shorts in a change room, I will always put one of my shoes next to the door. That way someone outside will see it under the door. I've been doing that long before any thoughts of Cding. Remember, SA's have keys for the lock & sometimes forget to knock. I hate the change rooms some thrift stores have that use a curtain, not a door.
    Last edited by Clueless; 12-21-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: the usual: typo

I too have had the experience of MYSTERY purchasing. I have a number of things that do not fit..I was starting to feel that there were only two sizes--too big and too small.

Aspiring Member
    I really hate to say this but someone could have told her to open that changing room.

Platinum Member
    I knows its a limited sample, but Dillards, Macys, Steinmart and Coldwater Creek all have locks on their dressing room doors.

Must be a west coast thing...I've never seen a changing room in Jersey or Pa that doesn't have a lock on the door.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

On a different note stall doors on the toilets get higher and higher as you go east.
    California 4 to 6 inches, Chicago 6 to 8 inches, and New York op to 18 inches.
    Sit down and hold a conversation with your next door neighbour.
    Now the UK, maximum 4 inches so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    On a different note stall doors on the toilets get higher and higher as you go east.
    California 4 to 6 inches, Chicago 6 to 8 inches, and New York op to 18 inches.
    Sit down and hold a conversation with your next door neighbour.
    Now the UK, maximum 4 inches so far.
    Well you see the East Coast needs them higher so the Congressmen can tap their feet and signal the guy next to them like that one did ... when the police busted him.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't recall any of the fitting rooms I've tried, not having locks.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Well you see the East Coast needs them higher so the Congressmen can tap their feet and signal the guy next to them like that one did ... when the police busted him.
    I'm more concerned about why the police thought it was any of their business. I doubt those "signals" would have been recognized by many people who weren't interested anyway. I could understand charges for someone who was clearly conducting or proposing intimacy in the restroom.

I think it depends on the store itself. I can walk into just about any Kohl's store and the dressing rooms all have half doors where you can see if it's occupied by looking for feet, however the ones I've used have had some sort of latching device inside. On the other hand I've been to stores where an attendant is on duty and will unlock a door for you to use the room. Fortunately, I've never been surprised by another person opening my door from the outside, I guess I've been lucky that way.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    If there isn't a positive lock on the dressing room door I make it a habit to hang an article of clothing on the door in such a way that it restricts the door from opening.

Most of the dressing rooms in the places I frequent en femme are unattended, but in the occasions that they are attended I just walk up, present the garments, and have never had a problem being admitted.

Imagine the row that would ensue if a dressing room attendant tried to refuse admission or demand a (gad!) genital check of a mannish-looking GG! As long as you display a "of course this is where I belong" attitude you likely won't have a problem.
    and due to a resent news story there should be no problems at macys, and yes they have great sale prices even when there is no "sales" going on at that time.

I ended up having to go to the upstairs fitting room at H&M (kids & women's section) instead of the men's section because I couldn't open the unattended fitting rooms on the men's floor. I'm not sure if they were locked or what.

Thankfully, I was able to try on my first pair of women's jeans, although I didn't get them at the time. I may in the future though.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I have never been out dressed, but have learn to always "try before you buy". Before i gain my new found courage, I would buy, take home, try on, take back.... etc....
    Now I feel no shame on walking to the attendant with 5 or 6 items and reply with the proper number "5 to try on?" A few times I have had them look at me with the deer in the headlights look, and now I just give them the "duhhh" look back (to one I count off 1,2,3,4,5) and wait for them to open the door or give me a room tag. on 2 memorable occasions the CA not only open the doors but ask how I was doing as I try them on! she even zipper me up, and brought different items for me to try! I went in with full on 100% guy mode too. My money is just as green as any other person, the CAs that want to keep their jobs know they should treat every customer as the most important person they will deal with that day.