Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Outed"?...

"Outed"?...

Last night I went for a walk with my dog,it was nice out and I was dressed in a casual look,winter coat,knee length dress,black tights with grey wool socks and short boots.
    Today I ran into a friend,she asked me "Did I see you in the park last night?"
    I said Why,she said "I'm sure I saw you last night with your dog in the park."
    She had a non-judgemental attitude but I could tell she was "fishing" for an answer.
    Hmmm....
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing but there is a great deal wrong with society.

Wow Jennifer! Sounds like the ball is in your court. If you want to be "out" to her you can reply. If not, she'll just be guessing.

Yeah, you were likely clocked.

On the positive side, she didn't sound negative.

Most people simply have trouble understanding us. Have you been social friends in the past? Maybe there is an opportunity presenting itself here.

Don't be ashamed for who you are.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Looks like she recognized your dog maybe? Next time crossdress your dog and maybe she won't recognize you both.

I am becoming so much more secure with who I am that I am considering telling people
    that I am what I am,who cares?I think most people don't really care one way or the other!
    I guess i'm holding on to old fears!

Also my soon to be ex-GF is threatening to "out" me,so I have nothing to loose

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa333 View Post
    Looks like she recognized your dog maybe? Next time crossdress your dog and maybe she won't recognize you both.
    LOL,my dog is all boy...lol

Quote Originally Posted by KarenS View Post
    Yeah, you were likely clocked.

On the positive side, she didn't sound negative.

Most people simply have trouble understanding us. Have you been social friends in the past? Maybe there is an opportunity presenting itself here.

Don't be ashamed for who you are.
    Thanks Karen,I am learning to not be ashamed of who I am,and if people don't like it...thats their problem!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 12-21-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Merged - Please use the multi quote buton
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing but there is a great deal wrong with society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer529 View Post
    Also my soon to be ex-GF is threatening to "out" me,so I have nothing to loose
    Jennifer,

Once you reach the point where ya just don't care, it steals the power from anyone who would out you! Fear goes with it!

Oh yeah, back to your OP, I always like the "Wasn't me, maybe my sister was walking the dog" answer!

Debby

Jennifer,

Debby is right, knowledge is power and if you tell them first or tell her you don't care who she tells then the power is gone.
    You have to be who you are and do what is best and most comfortable for you.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

yup, maybe she recognised the dog.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    OMG .... so when your friend said this to you, what on earth did you say back to her at that moment? I'm curious (?) ... and interested.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    OMG .... so when your friend said this to you, what on earth did you say back to her at that moment? I'm curious (?) ... and interested.
    Well much to my shame,I said"Maybe it was my girlfriend"...sad I know,but,next time i'lll say it was me,and ask back."how did I look"?

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    My wife has out me twice on my facebook page, so now I just go with it.

Change the title of this thread from "Outed?" To "Outed!" because you have been found out girlfriend, When we leave the comfortable confines of the closet we take the chance of being outed. It is probably not the way you would choose to out yourself but we cannot the past. Be honest with your friend.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer529 View Post
    Well much to my shame,I said"Maybe it was my girlfriend"...sad I know,but,next time i'lll say it was me,and ask back."how did I look"?
    No .. no .. not shame at all. You were in the heat of the moment and you were instinctively acting defensively. I totally get that. I think that when you're comfortable or when you feel like her reaction might be positive you might tell her. Remember listen to that inner girl sixth sense (all girls have them) to know what's best for you.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Tell her the truth! Your dog prefers to be walked by a lady! So you must dress up to keep him from biteing you!
    Jennifer I truly hope everything works out good for you!Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I would probably start fishing for answers. After she asked "Did I see you in the park last night?" I would have asked her, if you thought it was me, what did you see (with a smile on my face)? Then she would have to explain what she saw. If I was caught, I may or may not confess.
    Dana Ryan

Platinum Member
    She's definately opened the door to converssation. I'd say that its up to you how you wish to proceed. Next time you see here, just let her if she would like to talk.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 12-21-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Yep, the dog gave you away. Vehicles can do that also.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Linda, so true! I hdrive a 36 yr old unique car, and in this whole region, there are none like it. I will almost certainly have to drive in the evenings if dressed, or, i will be outed. I like the comment of asking the friend what she saw.

This is the only logical conclusion. When will people realize that we'll never pass in society if our pets don't pass?

That having been said, it is REALLY hard to put a corset on a goldfish.

It's not that easy to take a goldfish out for a walk either. They get terminally tired very quickly. :-)

I daren't take our dog out while I'm en femme either. I think everyone in the immediate area knows it. Mind you, I could change it's pink collar for a nice spikey black one. Does that count as doggie cross-dressing?
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    This is the only logical conclusion. When will people realize that we'll never pass in society if our pets don't pass?

That having been said, it is REALLY hard to put a corset on a goldfish.
    Where the heck do I find a doggie gaff...

Take the wind out of the sails of your ex-girlfriends outing and be yourself.

Good luck.

I think it was the dog fault. Most girls are accepting of CD's if they don't have to live with them. They also seem to understand better than most males.
    Take a chance and be yourself and enjoy life because life is so short when you start to really be yourself and live it.

Aspiring Member
    Easy for me to say because I am not faced with the heat of the moment but my reply would have been: What time was it when you thought you saw me? Then when she nailed the correct time, first of all, you'll know if she really saw you and secondly it will give you a specific time that you can deny by saying; no I walked my dog at -----. It must have been someone else.

It is an old sales technique that whoever asks the last question is in control. Children drive us crazy with their "why" questions and whatever we answer they respond with "Why?"

It reminds me of an old Reader's Digest joke about the little boy who asked his mom, " Mommy, what is vd?" To which she replied, "Why do you want to know?" And the little boy responded, " My underwear has BVD on the waistband and I know that the B stands for Boys......"

Above suggestions are good. You might say, "Yeah that was me. How did I look?" If her reply seems negative--you can say it was a one-time thing or you lost a bet. Tell her a little more if she seems OK with the idea.